Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Exclusive (not available to everyone) bonus offer - April 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive (not available to everyone) bonus offer - April 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
They are rewarding you for your loyalty. You just think that you should be getting more. Fair enough, perhaps SPG isn't the best program for you.
Of course they are rewarding for loyalty. That's the basic point of a hotel loyalty program. But you have to admit SPG is not offering enough general promotion (I'm saying this keeping Take Two in mind). It is understandable plats feel disheartened after being left out in targeted promotions like this.

Last edited by souravsarkar59; Apr 6, 2016 at 6:16 am
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by souravsarkar59
It is understandable plats feel disheartened after being left out in targeted promotions like this.
I think the main disheartenment comes from members like me who've been left out of the promotion who have additional, incremental discretionary spend to put Starwood's way but haven't been identified as such by whatever targeting criteria SPGs CRM system is using. It almost feels like once you've reached, say, LTP status, they lose interest in you. Lose/lose.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by souravsarkar59
It is understandable plats feel disheartened after being left out in targeted promotions like this.
this is not the first time & probably won't be the last time that spg has sent out targeted promos....i've been targeted for some & not for others....i definitely don't feel disheartened....its just the way they work....i get enough perks from spg to make up for the promos i haven't been targeted for....
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by f0xx
6k after 6 stays. 6k after 12 stays. 6k after 18 stays.

If it was nights, that'd be easy. Stays? Not so much.
"You're all set to earn up to 12,000 bonus Starpoints® on eligible stays between April 1, 2016, and June 30, 2016.

Here's how to do it: Book and you’ll be eligible to earn 4,000 bonus Starpoints on your fourth stay, 4,000 on your eighth stay and 4,000 on your twelfth stay — up to a maximum of 12,000 Starpoints."

Twelve stays between now and June 30th? Not me, but four stays is already in my plans.

Sigh, I'm going to miss SPG.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: SPG Plat
I was moving to the Hyatt for the 75k point promo after 25 nights... and since I got nothing here, guess I'm going on with it.

If they had given me something on this promo, I definitely would've stayed.. oh well.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Sigh...

No love for Europlat50 - again..

It's frustrating enough earning points on stays alone (no Spg Amex here), being excluded from the SPG games (T&C) and the merger - but now I'm really, really frustrated!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:03 am

Nothing here... again (german Plat)
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
nothing for me as an spg75
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:14 am

nothing again for both of us.
I think this kind of "targeted" promos just make many people look
at other options. We never get anything regardless the number of stays
or reservations. Don't remember a single targeted promo
I got something. Always "not eligible". Lame
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:22 am

Was this one already posted?

You're all set to earn up to 7,500 bonus Starpoints® on eligible stays between April 1, 2016, and June 30, 2016.

Here's how to do it: Book and you’ll earn 1,500 bonus Starpoints on your first stay, 2,500 on your second stay and 3,500 on your third stay — up to a maximum of 7,500 Starpoints.

Seems a really good one (at least compared to my 12k for 12 stays). This one is from a EU SPG Gold, 2 stays YTD - 2 stays 2015 (Gold was given with some kind of promo last year).
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by rooivalk
If they had given me something on this promo, I definitely would've stayed.. oh well.
Agree. The only reason I still stay (sometimes) with spg is the airline transfer option.
As this is gonna for sure go away soon (thanks marriott!), there is zero
reasons to stay with this program.
I'm just looking into a couple of very long bookings and considered spg...
until now. Looked at some independent hotels and they are - better, - cheaper,
and with 3x points with some cards I honestly don't care about spg anymore.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Nothing for me as Plat 100. I've shifted most of my stays this year to Hyatt to focus on diamond re-qualification and their more lucrative promo. Oh well.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ajhun9
Pretty aggressive since the promo period is only 3 months.
Not really if you compare it to the current Hyatt promo for 3 months - 25 nights yields 75K points (points worth about the same btwn the 2 programs).

Nothing here for a LT Plat. Have not been staying at SPG lately as I've pull most of my nights towards Hyatt to requalify for Diamond and take advantage of their promos.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Apr 6, 2016 at 8:41 am
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
No offer...SPG Gold with 18 nights YTD.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
So your PLT upgrades (when they happen), the points which you have earned staying 50+ nights/year, SNAs, etc., are all worthless to you? Feel free to send them my way, -- I'll use them.
My point is really about the fact that these "targeted" bonuses reward members who aren't as loyal vs those who are. As I said in my post, I am an SPG fan but when I know that I will make 100 nights at SPG without any effort this year, it makes me wonder whether I should channel the 50+ additional room nights I plan on booking this year towards SPG or Hyatt or another chain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.