Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Exclusive (not available to everyone) bonus offer - April 2016

Exclusive (not available to everyone) bonus offer - April 2016

Old Apr 6, 16, 12:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Originally Posted by sagi_ View Post
Nothing! Yay!
yay! Me too! don't have any YTD physical stays, but I do have stays booked for May and june
Old Apr 6, 16, 1:22 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Woohoo, I got 2 stay - One free night awards for CAT 1 - 5 and 4th stay for two free night awards
Old Apr 6, 16, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
nothing here as well....
Old Apr 6, 16, 2:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton
Nothing for me. Lame.

khabah
Old Apr 6, 16, 2:15 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by Canada101 View Post
Nothing for me.

Plat 100 (for third year in a row)
9 years Elite of which 8 are Plat
12 stays/35 nights YTD
Will make Plat with 50 nights by May with the bulk of my travel in the third/fourth quarters so I will make 100 nights for sure

I am an SPG loyalist for sure but it sure would be nice to get some recognition in return. I haven't been eligible for a targeted promo in several years (I don't actually recall being eligible for one in recent memory).

Similar comments from Plats have been made before whenever these targeted promos come out and while Lurkers have seen them, nothing has ever been done. My sense is the marketing folks at Starwood know that the untargeted customers are beholden to Starwood so don't need any recognition.
No offence to those who created these targeted promos. But it's very silly IMO that they are not targeting the Platinums. We are the ones diversifying our stays to Hyatt or wherever due to merger and status match, so if they wanted to take more of our business back to SPG, they should have targeted on us too..
Old Apr 6, 16, 3:03 am

I'm Plat75 and got an offer for 3000 after 3 stays, up to maximum of 9000 (9 stays = 9000 points)
Old Apr 6, 16, 3:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Nothing for me either, but then again I am only 7 stays away from Platinum, which will tip me to LT Plat, so not at all surprised.

As always with these things, they are indeed a bonus when offered. No worries when not.
Old Apr 6, 16, 3:54 am

Programs: SK EBg/baEC G/MR P/A3 *G/CC G/HH D/IHG Spire
Since I became platinum I have had NO personal offers

I had zero stays jan-april 1 but I would have been able to benefit nicely from these offers

Its the only negative thing I can say about SPG I hate targetted promos though I do see why they do it it just pisses some people off

The regular open promos have been fairly weak so far this year thats why most of my stays have been with IHG... OH WELL
Old Apr 6, 16, 4:25 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, 9W Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, EK Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by AA_CPA View Post
No offer for me.

Glad to see the money spent with SPG as a Plat member is appreciated.

Starwood Lurker - please forward on.
Same feelings here. Not valued customer enough seems. Booked next stay with Hyatt.
Old Apr 6, 16, 4:33 am

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
Got the 3,000 after every 3rd stay - for 9,000 total. I stayed a lot at SPG last year and have no stays this year I moved all my business to Hyatt and Hilton after the status matches.

It's not enough of an offer to make me switch back to SPG.
Old Apr 6, 16, 4:35 am

Programs: SK EBg/baEC G/MR P/A3 *G/CC G/HH D/IHG Spire
Originally Posted by souravsarkar59 View Post
Same feelings here. Not valued customer enough seems. Booked next stay with Hyatt.
They just need to have some decent promotions that are open to all to make up for these targetted sweet offers for the special few 😀

Just my opinion, but when other chains are running large promotions they will start to get more business and spg less... When was the last RICH promotion spg ran that was open to all members?
Old Apr 6, 16, 4:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Sadness...not eligible for me, as well.
Old Apr 6, 16, 5:03 am

Nothing for me (P50, LTP, 4/12 YTD, 4 stays booked for April). I will still do 50 nights this year but won't make 75; under a double stay promo I might have done. As it is, I will probably do May and June at Hyatt and IHG because there is no incentive to stay with SPG, whereas Hyatt has a great promo for everyone rather than the lucky few.
Old Apr 6, 16, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Glad to see the money spent with SPG as a Plat member is appreciated. Booked an upcoming stay with Marriott instead.
You sure showed them!!

... my revenge booking just proved that ...
... you think that they actually care about your individual booking.

Originally Posted by Canada101 View Post
I am an SPG loyalist for sure but it sure would be nice to get some recognition in return.
So your PLT upgrades (when they happen), the points which you have earned staying 50+ nights/year, SNAs, etc., are all worthless to you? Feel free to send them my way, -- I'll use them.

See what I mean? They are rewarding you for your loyalty. You just think that you should be getting more. Fair enough, perhaps SPG isn't the best program for you.
Old Apr 6, 16, 5:41 am

Plat 50, 12 nights YTD, 2 upcoming stays in the next weeks (as in already booked).

Got the 4k bonus for each 4 stays (12k max).

Last year I got the double elite qualifying bonus. Certainly helped me to achieve the 50 nights.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: