Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Exclusive (not available to everyone) bonus offer - April 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive (not available to everyone) bonus offer - April 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I got the great "2 free night after 4 stays" offer.

Conveniently, I JUST HAD 4 stays at the start of April... and despite registering after the promo, the two free nights have already credited which is marvelous! A nice little bonus from SPG.

Last edited by Johnny Rocket; Apr 17, 2016 at 7:03 am
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kauppias
Argh I need to stop reading the blogs just read about two more member exclusive promos of course I am exclusively excluded from those too

Standing at 15 stays so far so I will just do my remaining ten in december, but frustrating to try to be happy for others
What are the two additional targeted promos? Links?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What are the two additional targeted promos? Links?
11&12

https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemberexclusive11/

https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemberexclusive12/

Had to cut and paste the links so apologies if tgey dont work right as Im operating on my phone. But its also all over the blogs...
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
I've never been targeted for any SPG promotions *ever*. I respond by voting with my wallet and only stay at Starwood when absolutely necessary or when redeeming points.

I'm hopeful that the folks in charge of SPG marketing will be out of a job once the Marriott takeover is complete. As stingy as the Marriott program may be, at least I get targeted for their promotions!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FlyerAl
I've never been targeted for any SPG promotions *ever*. I respond by voting with my wallet and only stay at Starwood when absolutely necessary or when redeeming points.

I'm hopeful that the folks in charge of SPG marketing will be out of a job once the Marriott takeover is complete. As stingy as the Marriott program may be, at least I get targeted for their promotions!
While I also vote with my wallet when excluded from promotions like for the next three months is the case, I still prefer SPG over marriott 199%

That said I am staying at Holiday Inn tonight instead of a nice SPg property
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
still no promo for me
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:15 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by kauppias
That said I am staying at Holiday Inn tonight instead of a nice SPg property
In a way, I find the lack of promos and the impending demise of the SPG program liberating -- I don't forego nice SPG properties, but I happily stay elsewhere in places where SPG options are mediocre or overpriced. Hyatt Olive 8 instead of crappy Westin/Sheraton Seattle this weekend, Crowne Plaza instead of 4P Ventura next weekend, IC SF vs the Cat 6 SF Starwoods a couple weeks from now. Only top notch and good value Starwood hotels for me from here on out ... SR Osaka, SR Princeville, Andaman, Suiran, W Taipei/HK, etc.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
In a way, I find the lack of promos and the impending demise of the SPG program liberating -- I don't forego nice SPG properties, but I happily stay elsewhere in places where SPG options are mediocre or overpriced. Hyatt Olive 8 instead of crappy Westin/Sheraton Seattle this weekend, Crowne Plaza instead of 4P Ventura next weekend, IC SF vs the Cat 6 SF Starwoods a couple weeks from now. Only top notch and good value Starwood hotels for me from here on out ... SR Osaka, SR Princeville, Andaman, Suiran, W Taipei/HK, etc.
That is indeed the way to look at it I have experienced the marriott way allready 😂😃
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:37 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
i have been plat for 3years, gold for 6 years, 220 nights, i have had 0 stays this year and i was only offered the 1:2 elite credit. would have been nice to get plat after 13 stays but i have no spg related travel coming up for a while. bummer.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
LT Gold/1 Year away from LT Plat, currently Plat100 with over 50 nights this year and stays booked weekly through the end of June (prior to the promo). Got targeted for the 3 stays x 3,000 promo (up to 9 stays). Quite happy to be targeted (found the promo on FT and got the email later in the day after I had already registered). Glad it was retroactive.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:52 pm

I also received the double nights and stays promo.

I recently earned Gold this year and signed up for the Amex for a total of 47 nights before registering for the promo. I guess I will secure platinum with this promo since I have ~6 nights in April and don't currently have any more Starwood stays booked yet.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Got two free nights after four stays offer too. Perfectly stackable with SPG Design promo. Hopefully Klaus K will join in the beginning of May. But since I already have 3 stays booked anyway in May, no brainer. Thanks SPG!
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:20 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I have tried and tried but still get not eligible which has become infuriating. I spend alot with Starwood but based in Europe so cannot get PLT with the areas which I cover.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat (LT Plat 2.1 MM),United S, SPG P, Marriott P, Hyatt Diamond *-)-
Still nothing. What is their formula if and/or when to choose people. I just don't get it, and am pretty irked. 12 stays and all those nights means nothing?

If no offer by end of April, will assume I'll never get one, and they permanently lost a customer (until the merger) - almost LTG - but doesn't even matter now with the merger. Will lose about 6-8g from me for the remainder of the year
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by AA_CPA
Still nothing. What is their formula if and/or when to choose people. I just don't get it, and am pretty irked. 12 stays and all those nights means nothing?

If no offer by end of April, will assume I'll never get one, and they permanently lost a customer (until the merger) - almost LTG - but doesn't even matter now with the merger. Will lose about 6-8g from me for the remainder of the year
In 2015, you reached platinum after 25 stays so you bottom-fed your way to Platinum status. Every other reply of yours lately has been whining or complaining.

You say you're almost LTG...big deal. There are lots of LT Platinums who also didn't get an offer. And your 12 stays....whoopee do.

Look, if you didn't get selected for this promotion, it's not all of a sudden going to change.

Move on with your life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.