Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Hot Water

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2004, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, and Hilton Silver
No Hot Water

I figured I just hit a couple one-off bad luck sitautions, but I just saw in another thread that a *wood property in LA didn't have hot water.

In back to back weeks at Westins (one in Atlanta and the next in Portland), I didn't have hot water in the morning.

I still can't imagine how this would be a *wood problem on a large scale, but the other post got me wondering...
Old Feb 23, 2004, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Coincidences, my friend!

Welcome to FT!
Old Feb 23, 2004, 7:26 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Just curious if you are an early riser....

I have had similar issues (no hot water) and was told once by a maintenance person that it can take a LONG time for hot water to work its way up if you are one of the first people to shower in the morning.

Not sure if that is true, but that's what I was told.....
Old Feb 23, 2004, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

When it happened to me:

No Hot Water = 4000 Starpoints

There are two things I really expect from a hotel, sleep, and a shower in the morning. No hot water is like getting a bed with no sheets, totally unacceptable. Taking 5 minutes to warm up is one thing, but when they run out that's another.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA MM Lifetime Gold, BA Silver
had to smile when i saw this topic.
i experienced the same thing at the W Lakeshore over the president's day weekend. i didn't complain though and didn't get 4,000 points. but the funny thing about it is that the apartment building i live in is constantly having hot water issues, so when i stay in a hotel i really look forward to the dependable constant stream of hot water. when i got the cold/luke warm water at the W, i just smiled and pretended that i was at home. how's that for making one feel at home?
Old Feb 23, 2004, 12:06 pm
cfigoni

I thought I had the same problem when we stayed recently at the Sheraton in Sonoma (Petaluma). I waited and waited. Finally turned on the hot water at the sink and discoverd there WAS hot water. For some reason, the shower control was rigged wrong. When you turned it all the way to the end, which was marked red, it was cold. To get hot, you turned it on only a little, which was the blue area. Wonder how many calls the front desk got for that one.

Old Apr 29, 2006, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM
Luke warm shower at Sheraton - Birmingham (Alabama) at 10:30am

For $179 a night, I think it's reasonable to expect a hot shower in the morning. I called the front desk to complain and was told to let it run for 5 minutes--this was after chilling in the cool shower for 10 minutes with no sign of increasing temperature. They said they would send up an engineer. I don't know if they did or not, but this afternoon the water is hot as soon as I turn on the faucet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.