Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Free 500 Starwood Bonus Points on Registration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free 500 Starwood Bonus Points on Registration

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2004, 11:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by roadtraveler:
if you want to get points just call spg customer service and they will credit you points. i called 2 days ago and points already posted as good will points.</font>
Great advice. Now why didn't I think of that? I called SPG customer service and voila, 500 credit. "Inconvenience points" they called it. They didn't want any hard feelings.

None towards SPG anyway, Norwood, on the other hand, isn't getting any of my business soon.

[This message has been edited by esofina (edited Jan 23, 2004).]
Old Jan 23, 2004, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
If a Burger King or McD's franchise doesn't honor a promo that is posted in their window (pick a chain in place of BK or McD's) aren't you going to complain to the corporate office? That is what is happening here. 4Pts Norwood is a direct reflection on SPG as a whole. If they use SPG Points as a promo or to participate in the program, then SPG has a duty to ensure compliance with the program and to honor up when the offeree fails

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileKing:
Well, calling SPG is a simple enough solution, but I don't think that is very fair to SPG. Why should SPG award points (goodwill or not) for a promotion sponsored by an individual property? The clowns at 4 Points Norwood should be picking this up as it was their promo, not SPG's. If they see their way to award me the points, great. If not, 4 Points Norwood will never be visited by me or anyone in my family, nor would I consider recommending them to anyone who is contemplating visiting that area. As another poster stated, even one lost room night will cost them more than the cost of the points if they had honored the promo.</font>
Old Jan 23, 2004, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I don't plan to call SPG CS.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Can someone post a reading text that we can all use to call SPG CS and get the 500 points we are owed by this 4PTS in Norwood, Massachusetts?

I do want my 500 points. I do not want to talk to a human about it, however.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
I tried calling Norwood after email and fax went unanswered. I got transfered around to 4 people and was almost bout to get a timeshare presentation (it felt like) but they hung up on me. The webpage requirements said simply registering (and them getting your info to send you literature to look over) would get u 500 pts. Not putting up with sales pitches etc. or whatever the reason for being transferred round the office with you calling them at your expense..

http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Old Jan 23, 2004, 9:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TrojanHorse:
sometimes the answer is just too simple </font>
Actually, it's not simple at all. I used SPG CS to book a fairly complex 5 night points stay that required transferring points between the missus and my accounts, as well as, calling the hotel to find out why only 4 of the 5 nights could be booked on an award.

SPG CS handled this with no prob's at all. That's the kind of service I look forward to from them. I'm not going to bother them with one of their affiliates reneging on an offer for 500 points. It's really not worth the time, effort or ill will.

Old Jan 24, 2004, 9:57 am

I called CS to point out that one of their affiliates was treating SPG members poorly, and inquired if they were aware about it. They said they were not. Personally, I viewed it as an extension of the "Sheraton Promise". I did not ask them for points, and I was willing to let it go at that.

I did this in part due to Norwood's rude "grief comment" response to gleff. SPG CS simply had to be made aware of Norwood's disservice. Who knows, maybe there is a demerit system

On another note, the current offer of 500 SPG points for scheduling a meeting really insults the intelligence. I can hear my boss saying. "I get 500 SPG points for scheduling a meeting at Norwood!" WOOHOO! That's like worth $25 at SPG site, right?

[This message has been edited by esofina (edited Jan 24, 2004).]
Old Jan 24, 2004, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Now if there was some sort of recourse against the marketing guy who sent me that email, I'd consider pursuing that but I'm not going to call SPG about a gimme.

Recently I complained about service from a national restaurant chain. I was sent a gift certificate. When I went to use the certificate I was given more bad service, so I sent the gift certificate back. I was sent a larger gift certificate. I sent it back.

It isn't always about the compensation.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 8:42 pm

I am not sure if we are all looking at the same link.
The link which i am reading says:
"Meeting Planners Join Now!
Registering with us takes a few minutes and earns you 500 Starwood Preferred bonus points when you schedule your first meeting"

Its WHEN I SCHEDULE.. I dont think I will ;-) no freebies... for registering..
http://www.fourpointsnorwood.com/starwood_form.cfm
Old Jan 24, 2004, 9:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
they changed the link after this fiasco.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:10 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by welookgood.com:
they changed the link after this fiasco. </font>
Yes they did. But, as I pointed out on page one it is recorded showing that the orig wording was "Registering with us takes a few minutes and earns you 500 Starwood Preferred bonus points."
Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Russ21Atl:
Yes they did. But, as I pointed out on page one it is recorded showing that the orig wording was "Registering with us takes a few minutes and earns you 500 Starwood Preferred bonus points."</font>
I believe you Russ. we know the other side always screw up and retract... well..
Old Jan 27, 2004, 1:04 pm
Suspended

I called SPG CS and they did not give me the 500 inconvenience points as I figured would happen (I could just call back) I had them look at the link and the wording was changed as mentioned above. They changed the wording so people who call, would have a memory lapse and think they were making a mistake. This is "Whitey Bulger" style service, IMHO, and really ticks me off. Everyone should send a complaint to The Better Business Buerau, the Attourney General of the State of Massachusetts, Tom Reilly, and parent company, Starwood Hotel.

Changing the evidence and not honouring the original offer. That's just bad business with Enron managers.

For this issue, I am just going to send an email to Starwoods and see if I get an answer. Not worth the effort to talk to someone as if I'm scheming for points.

Where's Starwood Lurker on this? Why has he hid on this issue of illegal business practices?
Old Jan 27, 2004, 1:33 pm

Cygnus you are making extreme accusations. You should tone it down a little

Lurker is very helpful usually. This is basically a local property offer so him and Starwood weren't involved in the coverup.

Whether they help us we shall see but its only been a few days..
Old Jan 27, 2004, 3:31 pm
Suspended

It was not a nationwide promo but from a local company which 99.9999999% had no intention of using.

Am I happy I got 5,000 AA miles for something similar. Yes.

Are some of you bellyaching over this mere offer. Yes.

Is it fraudulent? Possibly. Is it worthwhile for the State's Attny General to get involved given this mere amount for out of towners who have no intention of planning a meeting at the hotel and for which the hotel then changed the terms to better suit their original intention? I would not bet the farm on it.

I just laugh at the righteous indignation some of you sport over this.

GLeff is right about not pursuing this. Although the response to him did display a sense of humor, it certainly wins no customer service awards.

This is a local matter and all of you should leave it at that. Period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.