Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

suite usage 2 -> 3 people (Additional charge appropriate?)

suite usage 2 -> 3 people (Additional charge appropriate?)

Old Mar 5, 2016, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by NYTA
I spend at least 30 nights a year in European hotels and have never checked into a hotel anywhere in Europe where I have been asked for more than my own passport and credit card even if other companions were standing right next to me at the checkin desk so either this registration law you reference is no longer required or it is not enforced by the hotel reception staff.
It was well said that Europe is not a single country. In Germany you will certainly be asked for more than a credit card and your passport. You will probably not be asked for your passport, but you will be asked to sign the registration form. On that form you will certainly be asked whether you are accompanied by anybody. Reading, however, educates.

You are obviously desperately looking for arguments trying to justify your attempt to cheat and to save the surcharge for the second or the third person in the room. Contractually, however, such justification does not exist. If you book a room for one person you are entitled to one person in the room. If you want to have more, pay more.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Just because you do something doesn't make it right.
Taken a bit out of context you think?

Telling them more will be staying than actually will be should not be an issue to anyone. Of course, short of the building collapsing and them trying to do a body count...
Old Mar 5, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
It was well said that Europe is not a single country. In Germany you will certainly be asked for more than a credit card and your passport. You will probably not be asked for your passport, but you will be asked to sign the registration form. On that form you will certainly be asked whether you are accompanied by anybody. Reading, however, educates.

You are obviously desperately looking for arguments trying to justify your attempt to cheat and to save the surcharge for the second or the third person in the room. Contractually, however, such justification does not exist. If you book a room for one person you are entitled to one person in the room. If you want to have more, pay more.
Then obviously I'll have to hire you to sue every German hotel I ever stayed in where I booked for two and stayed alone for not refunding me the difference in price the next morning when it was clear that nobody else joined me in the room or at least when showed up to register and they didn't ask at checkin if anyone else would be sleeping there.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then obviously I'll have to hire you to sue every German hotel I ever stayed in where I booked for two and stayed alone for not refunding me the difference in price the next morning when it was clear that nobody else joined me in the room or at least when showed up to register and they didn't ask at checkin if anyone else would be sleeping there.
I certainly would not work for you because I have to be afraid that you would not pay me.

Your argument, however, is another BS argument. Booking a room for two person does not oblige you to use such room with two persons; it only entitles you to do so. If you do not take advantage of such entitlement there is no reason for the hotel to reimburse you; there is a contract and the hotel has completely fulfilled the contract from its side. You had the option to stay there with two persons; you did not take advantage of such option.

Arguing with you, however, will not bring such discussion forward. You look for excuses for your behaviour and you take an approach we would describe as Winkeladvokat in my language.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:28 am

You take an approach I'd describe as Pedantadvokat.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You take an approach I'd describe as Pedantadvokat.
Even though this term does not exist it can only be understood as a compliment for a diligent attorney.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Even though this term does not exist it can only be understood as a compliment for a diligent attorney.
But not for a successful hotelier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.