Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nominations for Worst Platinum Happy Hour

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Agreed about the Sheraton Hong Kong.
They are so cheap they even shut down the soda machine when the lounge is closed. Clearly the owners of this property are only doing the absolute minimum that the Sheraton brand team requires. If they could close the lounge and give people a bag of peanuts I'm sure they would.

But North America clearly takes the cake as most lounges charge for even wine that most airlines would refuse to serve.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:09 am

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by expatbkk
While my experience is mostly limited to Asia, I have to give my vote to the Sheraton Hotel & Towers in Hong Kong. I am sitting here right now, it's 5:45pm (it starts at 5:30pm), there are dirty dishes everywhere, empty wine bottles, the two hot hors d'oeuvres are stone cold and greasy, the tables are dirty and and the staff is not what I would call 'proactive'. There's a guy in the corner in a semi-stupor who seems mind numbingly drunk and/or mentally unstable.

Close second: St. Regis Singapore.

IMHO, Le Meridien's seem to do it best.
Trust me, you're grading on a curve. The average US lounge would make that look like a luxury feast. Some may put out nothing but a nut mix and water, or a bowl of fruit. Or, a hot item that's never restocked. Ever.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Most disappointing: Sheraton Casablanca.

Theoretically, hot food and free drinks. In reality, one tray of canapes that was not restocked. Drinks had to be ordered from a mostly-absent server who forgot the only order he had to remember. On leaving, was inexplicably asked to sign a zero-value bill detailing what I (hadn't) received; this wasn't north American tip-solicitation, it was north African bureaucracy. Broken television. (Incidentally, the coffee with breakfast in the lounge was instant powder.)
Old Mar 1, 2016, 5:37 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jesperss
Is a city like Hong Kong with all the great and cheap restaurants, why waste your appetite at a hotel lounge?
Personal travel / mileage run - saving as much money as possible so I can spend it on shopping
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by kasi
My favorite lowlight is the Sheraton MXP lounge.
Low and lower since last year. Thanks to the new f&b Manager and ex - executive Chef who knows the standards better than Sheraton...

Standard is sufficent and we can't go above...

Even the Club Lounge at the Sheraton Roma is better now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.