Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how does one get "rates from" rate

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2003, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

how does one get "rates from" rate

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I never seem to be able to get the lower rate when booking on the website Anybody have the secret??
Old Oct 28, 2003, 5:04 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cdnroadshow:
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I never seem to be able to get the lower rate when booking on the website Anybody have the secret??</font>
Can't really tell what your question is - are you referring to the "Best Rate Guarantee"?

[This message has been edited by sk3 (edited 10-28-2003).]
Old Oct 28, 2003, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
You may have to take out an SET #, or bed preferences, etc. Unlike the Hilton website where you can "show all rates" (after the initial request), on Starwood you have to manually change every variable. Well, its free entertainment.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 7:41 pm

I recently had one instance where for a 4 night reservation, the "Rates From" rate was only available 1 of the 4 nights. So, as other threads have discussed, to get that rate I would have to have multiple reservations, including 1 just for that night.

Old Oct 28, 2003, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for being so vague. When you first go into the website and give date/location the site replies what properties are available and quotes prices "from....". My query is I am consistently unable to match this rate after filling in the pertinent info. What am I doing wrong
Old Oct 28, 2003, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once you get to the hotel's various prices list, check off the little button on the left of the screen that says "Average Daily rate - low to high" and then click "Rearrange List." That should do it and bring that lowest rate to the top.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 10:51 pm
Suspended

I find the "from rate" is often the AAA rate.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 7:08 am

Programs: SPG Plat, lowly UA Silver
One thing that I find helps is to take out bedding and smoking preferences. I then sort from low to high and can usually find the rate from the initial screen.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 7:27 am

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
Yes, I have found that I get the best results when I make all preferences blank and then sort from lowest to highest rate. I would prefer display that showed all rates, however. Maybe they could even display them in an Orbitz-like matrix?
Old Oct 29, 2003, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Dia, Marriott S
I have rarely found that the quoted minimum rate is the true minimum. Usually there is a lower rate available if you search and sometimes you cannot find a rate as low as the quote. The booking engine is very weird.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.