SPG mattress run end 2015

 
Old Dec 26, 15, 10:57 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Germany / Thailand
Programs: TK*S +SPG platinum, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Posts: 3,058
SPG mattress run end 2015

Hello,
just planning to make a mattressrun until end of the year.
I Need 6 more stay credits, so I Need to book 3 nights ( 3 * 1 night ) each 2 rooms.
First question does the night from 31st.Dec to 01. Jan Count for 2015 or 2016 ?

located close to COLOGNE I searched where the most easy ( and cheap ) way to stay. So my ideas came up is:
Drive to Munich and stay in Arabella Sheraton, Westin and Airport each.
or STR , then Sheraton Bolzano Italy then Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn
If I would get one more seat DUS-CTA, I would have flown to Sizilia and stay in Sheraton Catania.
The closest would be Brussel with 4 SPG Hotels to hop, but there is really nothing interesting to do/see with 3 small children.
Any other sugestions ?

Happy new year
Bert
*** I hope it is still worth to hunt behind this platinum, but I value the free ABF and Upgrades in Asia so much.
bertheike is offline  
Old Dec 26, 15, 11:12 am
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Posts: 10,869
Originally Posted by bertheike View Post
Hello,
just planning to make a mattressrun until end of the year.
I Need 6 more stay credits, so I Need to book 3 nights ( 3 * 1 night ) each 2 rooms.
First question does the night from 31st.Dec to 01. Jan Count for 2015 or 2016 ?

located close to COLOGNE I searched where the most easy ( and cheap ) way to stay. So my ideas came up is:
Drive to Munich and stay in Arabella Sheraton, Westin and Airport each.
or STR , then Sheraton Bolzano Italy then Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn
If I would get one more seat DUS-CTA, I would have flown to Sizilia and stay in Sheraton Catania.
The closest would be Brussel with 4 SPG Hotels to hop, but there is really nothing interesting to do/see with 3 small children.
Any other sugestions ?

Happy new year
Bert
*** I hope it is still worth to hunt behind this platinum, but I value the free ABF and Upgrades in Asia so much.
This FAQ should answer your first question.
FAQ: Night & Stay credits for New Year Stays (check-in in Dec, check-out in Jan)
KENNECTED is offline  
Old Dec 26, 15, 11:30 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8,908
If you're trying to get away with the family that's fine. Anywhere with 2 SPG hotels would do. But that's not really a mattress run.

I personally would just book 3 rooms at the Dusseldorf airport Sheraton for one night and 3 rooms at the Sheraton Essen the next night and be done with it...

Perhaps you could find a Best Rate Guarantee to earn some bonus points along the way.

I'm not sure how you could generate stay credits in Sicily with only the one hotel. You'd have to book 3 rooms for one night, move to a non-SPG hotel for one night and then move back for another 3 rooms for one night.

In Munich, you wouldn't really need the airport. Just 2 rooms at the Sheraton for one night, 2 rooms at the Westin for one night, and back to the Sheraton for 2 rooms for one night...

I hope next year you plan a bit further in advance.
craigthemif is offline  
Old Dec 26, 15, 12:02 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Germany / Thailand
Programs: TK*S +SPG platinum, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Posts: 3,058
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
If you're trying to get away with the family that's fine. Anywhere with 2 SPG hotels would do. But that's not really a mattress run.

I personally would just book 3 rooms at the Dusseldorf airport Sheraton for one night and 3 rooms at the Sheraton Essen the next night and be done with it...

Perhaps you could find a Best Rate Guarantee to earn some bonus points along the way.

I'm not sure how you could generate stay credits in Sicily with only the one hotel. You'd have to book 3 rooms for one night, move to a non-SPG hotel for one night and then move back for another 3 rooms for one night.

In Munich, you wouldn't really need the airport. Just 2 rooms at the Sheraton for one night, 2 rooms at the Westin for one night, and back to the Sheraton for 2 rooms for one night...

I hope next year you plan a bit further in advance.
Thought to fly 27Th. DUS CTA 01st. CTA-STR on AB with BA AVIOS
My wife is also an SPG member
27th. on my SPG
28th. on my wife
29th. on my SPG
30th on my wife
31 on my SPG

so totaly 3 stays * 2 rooms. on my account and also 4 stays more on hers.
also C&P available which is a good value @ this cat 1

Yes, trying to get away some days with wife and the small ones. Normaly we be in Thailand @ this time, but this year i was to late with the flights.

I would choose the MUC Sheraton Airport from 31st to 01st. because it's only 55 Euro per room. Anyhow we not want to stay in MUC, we would visit the area Berchtesgaden/Bad Reichenhal. I know there is the Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, but @ these dates it' crazy expensive.
bertheike is offline  
Old Dec 27, 15, 1:27 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Germany
Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Posts: 360
Originally Posted by bertheike View Post
Hello,
just planning to make a mattressrun until end of the year.
I Need 6 more stay credits, so I Need to book 3 nights ( 3 * 1 night ) each 2 rooms.
First question does the night from 31st.Dec to 01. Jan Count for 2015 or 2016 ?

located close to COLOGNE I searched where the most easy ( and cheap ) way to stay. So my ideas came up is:
Drive to Munich and stay in Arabella Sheraton, Westin and Airport each.
or STR , then Sheraton Bolzano Italy then Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn
If I would get one more seat DUS-CTA, I would have flown to Sizilia and stay in Sheraton Catania.
The closest would be Brussel with 4 SPG Hotels to hop, but there is really nothing interesting to do/see with 3 small children.
Any other sugestions ?

Happy new year
Bert
*** I hope it is still worth to hunt behind this platinum, but I value the free ABF and Upgrades in Asia so much.
do you need 6 stays or 6 nights? Booking two rooms in one hotel gives 2 nights but only one stay. If you really needed six stays you would have needed to start yesterday.
kasi is offline  
Old Dec 27, 15, 3:11 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Germany / Thailand
Programs: TK*S +SPG platinum, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Posts: 3,058
Originally Posted by kasi View Post
do you need 6 stays or 6 nights? Booking two rooms in one hotel gives 2 nights but only one stay. If you really needed six stays you would have needed to start yesterday.
No SPG credits up to 3 stays ( rooms ) for the same night.
bertheike is offline  
Old Dec 27, 15, 4:03 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Singapore
Programs: JL Sapphire | Marriott LT Silver | GE / TSA-Pre
Posts: 6,742
Originally Posted by bertheike View Post
No SPG credits up to 3 stays ( rooms ) for the same night.
That is correct, booking 3 rooms for 1 night each would get 3 stays and 3 nights credit.

Main thread.
lcpteck is offline  
Old Dec 29, 15, 2:47 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Germany / Thailand
Programs: TK*S +SPG platinum, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Posts: 3,058
OK , the first night we finished in Dorbirn 4P
While the staff Service is great, the Spaa was disapointing ( @ least for us ), no entry for children under 16 y. , even not into Pool. So I decidet to cancel the stay after tomorrow and move this to Munich.
Now we be in 4P Bolzano Italy ( here @ least the Pool is open for children. )
Important to know, only classic rooms have conectingdoor, no other roomcat. ! So no upgrade, if you travel with small children.
The almost 300 km through the alps is a absolutly fantastic trip.
bertheike is offline  
Old Dec 31, 15, 2:31 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Germany / Thailand
Programs: TK*S +SPG platinum, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Posts: 3,058
A happy new year to anyone

the last night in Munich ( WESTIN GRAND) was a nice final ! The WG was the best value for $ them gave Lounge and ABF for 3 children until 12 for free.
The lounge is a real full service lounge with great food in the evening.
The kids enjoyed the pool.
So welcome Platinum status for another year.

A happy new year to anyone

Bert
bertheike is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: