FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   SPG mattress run end 2015 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1734340-spg-mattress-run-end-2015-a.html)

bertheike Dec 26, 2015 10:57 am

SPG mattress run end 2015

Hello,
just planning to make a mattressrun until end of the year.
I Need 6 more stay credits, so I Need to book 3 nights ( 3 * 1 night ) each 2 rooms.
First question does the night from 31st.Dec to 01. Jan Count for 2015 or 2016 ?

located close to COLOGNE I searched where the most easy ( and cheap ) way to stay. So my ideas came up is:
Drive to Munich and stay in Arabella Sheraton, Westin and Airport each.
or STR , then Sheraton Bolzano Italy then Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn
If I would get one more seat DUS-CTA, I would have flown to Sizilia and stay in Sheraton Catania.
The closest would be Brussel with 4 SPG Hotels to hop, but there is really nothing interesting to do/see with 3 small children.
Any other sugestions ?

Happy new year
Bert
*** I hope it is still worth to hunt behind this platinum, but I value the free ABF and Upgrades in Asia so much.

KENNECTED Dec 26, 2015 11:12 am

Originally Posted by bertheike (Post 25918102)
Hello,
I Need 6 more stay credits, so I Need to book 3 nights ( 3 * 1 night ) each 2 rooms.

located close to COLOGNE I searched where the most easy ( and cheap ) way to stay. So my ideas came up is:
If I would get one more seat DUS-CTA, I would have flown to Sizilia and stay in Sheraton Catania.
The closest would be Brussel with 4 SPG Hotels to hop, but there is really nothing interesting to do/see with 3 small children.
Any other sugestions ?

Happy new year
Bert
*** I hope it is still worth to hunt behind this platinum, but I value the free ABF and Upgrades in Asia so much.

This FAQ should answer your first question.
FAQ: Night & Stay credits for New Year Stays (check-in in Dec, check-out in Jan)

craigthemif Dec 26, 2015 11:30 am

If you're trying to get away with the family that's fine. Anywhere with 2 SPG hotels would do. But that's not really a mattress run.

I personally would just book 3 rooms at the Dusseldorf airport Sheraton for one night and 3 rooms at the Sheraton Essen the next night and be done with it...

Perhaps you could find a Best Rate Guarantee to earn some bonus points along the way.

I'm not sure how you could generate stay credits in Sicily with only the one hotel. You'd have to book 3 rooms for one night, move to a non-SPG hotel for one night and then move back for another 3 rooms for one night.

In Munich, you wouldn't really need the airport. Just 2 rooms at the Sheraton for one night, 2 rooms at the Westin for one night, and back to the Sheraton for 2 rooms for one night...

I hope next year you plan a bit further in advance. :p

bertheike Dec 26, 2015 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 25918183)
If you're trying to get away with the family that's fine. Anywhere with 2 SPG hotels would do. But that's not really a mattress run.

I personally would just book 3 rooms at the Dusseldorf airport Sheraton for one night and 3 rooms at the Sheraton Essen the next night and be done with it...

Perhaps you could find a Best Rate Guarantee to earn some bonus points along the way.

I'm not sure how you could generate stay credits in Sicily with only the one hotel. You'd have to book 3 rooms for one night, move to a non-SPG hotel for one night and then move back for another 3 rooms for one night.

In Munich, you wouldn't really need the airport. Just 2 rooms at the Sheraton for one night, 2 rooms at the Westin for one night, and back to the Sheraton for 2 rooms for one night...

I hope next year you plan a bit further in advance. :p

Thought to fly 27Th. DUS CTA 01st. CTA-STR on AB with BA AVIOS
My wife is also an SPG member
27th. on my SPG
28th. on my wife
29th. on my SPG
30th on my wife
31 on my SPG

so totaly 3 stays * 2 rooms. on my account and also 4 stays more on hers.
also C&P available which is a good value @ this cat 1

Yes, trying to get away some days with wife and the small ones. Normaly we be in Thailand @ this time, but this year i was to late with the flights.

I would choose the MUC Sheraton Airport from 31st to 01st. because it's only 55 Euro per room. Anyhow we not want to stay in MUC, we would visit the area Berchtesgaden/Bad Reichenhal. I know there is the Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, but @ these dates it' crazy expensive.

kasi Dec 27, 2015 1:27 am

Originally Posted by bertheike (Post 25918102)
Hello,

Any other sugestions ?

Happy new year
Bert

do you need 6 stays or 6 nights? Booking two rooms in one hotel gives 2 nights but only one stay. If you really needed six stays you would have needed to start yesterday.

bertheike Dec 27, 2015 3:11 am

Originally Posted by kasi (Post 25920281)
do you need 6 stays or 6 nights? Booking two rooms in one hotel gives 2 nights but only one stay. If you really needed six stays you would have needed to start yesterday.

No SPG credits up to 3 stays ( rooms ) for the same night.

lcpteck Dec 27, 2015 4:03 am

Originally Posted by bertheike (Post 25920466)
No SPG credits up to 3 stays ( rooms ) for the same night.

That is correct, booking 3 rooms for 1 night each would get 3 stays and 3 nights credit.

Main thread.

bertheike Dec 29, 2015 2:47 pm

OK , the first night we finished in Dorbirn 4P
While the staff Service is great, the Spaa was disapointing ( @ least for us ), no entry for children under 16 y. , even not into Pool. So I decidet to cancel the stay after tomorrow and move this to Munich.
Now we be in 4P Bolzano Italy ( here @ least the Pool is open for children. )
Important to know, only classic rooms have conectingdoor, no other roomcat. ! So no upgrade, if you travel with small children.
The almost 300 km through the alps is a absolutly fantastic trip.

bertheike Dec 31, 2015 2:31 pm

A happy new year to anyone

the last night in Munich ( WESTIN GRAND) was a nice final ! The WG was the best value for $ them gave Lounge and ABF for 3 children until 12 for free.
The lounge is a real full service lounge with great food in the evening.
The kids enjoyed the pool.
So welcome Platinum status for another year.

A happy new year to anyone

Bert