FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   [I received a gift of] Vosges Haut-Chocolat truffles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1732503-i-received-gift-vosges-haut-chocolat-truffles.html)

seawolf Dec 17, 2015 3:47 pm

[I received a gift of] Vosges Haut-Chocolat truffles

Just got a box delivered by FedEx courtesy of SPG. Anybody else receive one?

eRRRRRFDS105633 Dec 17, 2015 4:24 pm

My wife received a box of the same truffles today from SPG. We thought it was funny, she has "0" stays this year and has probably averaged less than 5 SPG nights per year for the past 15 years. She does use her Amex Starwood a fair amount and accrues points that way but I wouldn't say it's more than 15-20k in SPG points per year.
ME, I'm SPG Lifetime gold and have been Platinum for at least 10 or 11 straight years - - nada !!

abk Dec 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Yes came today. Reports are that they are pretty good also. I think the box had some writing that said "spg amex"

canalskater Dec 17, 2015 6:47 pm

Canada???

Anyone from Canada receive this. I love chocolate so I hope I will, especially after hitting Ambassador level three years running.

TheTakeOffRush Dec 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Sounds fairly random, but a classy (and delicious) touch.

mahasamatman Dec 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by canalskater (Post 25881889)
Anyone from Canada receive this.

I think it's safe to say there's zero chance of that.

seawolf Dec 17, 2015 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by eRRRRRFDS105633 (Post 25881402)
My wife received a box of the same truffles today from SPG. We thought it was funny, she has "0" stays this year and has probably averaged less than 5 SPG nights per year for the past 15 years. She does use her Amex Starwood a fair amount and accrues points that way but I wouldn't say it's more than 15-20k in SPG points per year.
ME, I'm SPG Lifetime gold and have been Platinum for at least 10 or 11 straight years - - nada !!

I wonder if they do one per household. My FedEx account indicates that a label was created for my spouse as well last week (8 DEC) but it still has not been tendered to FedEx.

Djlawman Dec 17, 2015 9:55 pm

I got them also. Just a lowly SPG Gold, and while I spend a fair amount on the SPG AMEX, I am sure there are plenty of people with more stays and more spending than I have. The box we got appears to be this collection of chocolates:

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/produ...olate_truffles

Have had one so far -- it was very good. Not sure I would spend $45 for the box, but not going to look a gift horse, or truffle, in the mouth.

J S Dec 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Got one

I received this as well. Very nice surprise. I think it is the only time a company has sent something like that to me. I have had very low spg stays for the last several years, but extremely high Amex spend.

Djlawman Dec 17, 2015 10:35 pm

One other possible data point. I have been an SPG AMEX card holder since the card was first issued. (Used to have the Sheraton card before it converted.) The shipping information referred to SPG AMEX 15, so I wonder if that was factored into who got the chocolates.

David Simon Dec 18, 2015 12:09 pm

My wife just got one today. We've both had the card a long time but I've had it a bit longer than her (I think I've had it since it shortly after it started as a Starwood card) and definitely have more usage on my card than she does. Wonder if it's based on a certain number of years having the card like an anniversary year rather than just how long.

seawolf Dec 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 25882277)
I wonder if they do one per household. My FedEx account indicates that a label was created for my spouse as well last week (8 DEC) but it still has not been tendered to FedEx.

Looks like my box just got tendered to FedEx today despite the shipping label created 8 DEC.

iflyuaaa Dec 18, 2015 7:13 pm

thank you for this thread. i got an email today for a fedex delivery and was scratching my head! i had an amex earlier this year that i cancelled about 4 mos ago. spg100.

so not sure why i got the box.

PremEx Dec 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Vosges Haut-Chocolat truffles

Got mine today. I don't use Amex at all. But on the back of the card was a message thanking me for over a decade of Platinum and earning Lifetime Platinum in 2015.

Thank You Starwood. Very nice of you.

yosithezet Dec 19, 2015 5:06 pm

Did the come from Charlotte, NC?

I was away for a few weeks and a package was returned to sender.