Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[I received a gift of] Vosges Haut-Chocolat truffles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:47 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Just got a box delivered by FedEx courtesy of SPG. Anybody else receive one?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:24 pm

My wife received a box of the same truffles today from SPG. We thought it was funny, she has "0" stays this year and has probably averaged less than 5 SPG nights per year for the past 15 years. She does use her Amex Starwood a fair amount and accrues points that way but I wouldn't say it's more than 15-20k in SPG points per year.
ME, I'm SPG Lifetime gold and have been Platinum for at least 10 or 11 straight years - - nada !!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:26 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Yes came today. Reports are that they are pretty good also. I think the box had some writing that said "spg amex"
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AC Altitude50
Canada???

Anyone from Canada receive this. I love chocolate so I hope I will, especially after hitting Ambassador level three years running.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA, HA
Sounds fairly random, but a classy (and delicious) touch.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by canalskater
Anyone from Canada receive this.
I think it's safe to say there's zero chance of that.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eRRRRRFDS105633
My wife received a box of the same truffles today from SPG. We thought it was funny, she has "0" stays this year and has probably averaged less than 5 SPG nights per year for the past 15 years. She does use her Amex Starwood a fair amount and accrues points that way but I wouldn't say it's more than 15-20k in SPG points per year.
ME, I'm SPG Lifetime gold and have been Platinum for at least 10 or 11 straight years - - nada !!
I wonder if they do one per household. My FedEx account indicates that a label was created for my spouse as well last week (8 DEC) but it still has not been tendered to FedEx.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:55 pm
Original Member

I got them also. Just a lowly SPG Gold, and while I spend a fair amount on the SPG AMEX, I am sure there are plenty of people with more stays and more spending than I have. The box we got appears to be this collection of chocolates:

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/produ...olate_truffles

Have had one so far -- it was very good. Not sure I would spend $45 for the box, but not going to look a gift horse, or truffle, in the mouth.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:58 pm
J S

Got one

I received this as well. Very nice surprise. I think it is the only time a company has sent something like that to me. I have had very low spg stays for the last several years, but extremely high Amex spend.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:35 pm
Original Member

One other possible data point. I have been an SPG AMEX card holder since the card was first issued. (Used to have the Sheraton card before it converted.) The shipping information referred to SPG AMEX 15, so I wonder if that was factored into who got the chocolates.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:09 pm

My wife just got one today. We've both had the card a long time but I've had it a bit longer than her (I think I've had it since it shortly after it started as a Starwood card) and definitely have more usage on my card than she does. Wonder if it's based on a certain number of years having the card like an anniversary year rather than just how long.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:30 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seawolf
I wonder if they do one per household. My FedEx account indicates that a label was created for my spouse as well last week (8 DEC) but it still has not been tendered to FedEx.
Looks like my box just got tendered to FedEx today despite the shipping label created 8 DEC.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:13 pm
Suspended

thank you for this thread. i got an email today for a fedex delivery and was scratching my head! i had an amex earlier this year that i cancelled about 4 mos ago. spg100.

so not sure why i got the box.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Vosges Haut-Chocolat truffles

Got mine today. I don't use Amex at all. But on the back of the card was a message thanking me for over a decade of Platinum and earning Lifetime Platinum in 2015.

Thank You Starwood. Very nice of you.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:06 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Did the come from Charlotte, NC?

I was away for a few weeks and a package was returned to sender.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.