Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Bohemian, food and parking question

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2003, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Grand Bohemian, food and parking question

Really look forward to stay there in June, This hotel semms a notch over other hotels in MCO. I was wondering about quality of food for dinner, anyone ever had a dinner experience there? Also what kind of parking facility do they offer?

Jacuzzi suites looks fantastic, hope to be able to get one...
Old May 27, 2003, 8:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Had a great stay there last year.. I believe there's valet parking (my friend parked there, not I). Piano bar in front.. looks very snazzy for evening drinks.. I'm sure there's good food, too. You're close to downtown and some nice areas which have good dining selections.
Old May 27, 2003, 11:02 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Yes, there's valet parking and the piano bar is a wonderful place to spend some time.

We went out for dinner - looked up some restaurant reviews on line and went to what sounded best. There is a good breakfast spot an easy walk from the hotel. It's called something like the First Shift - the valets will know what you're talking about - and they serve huge wonderful flavored pancakes. Nothing fancy just good and inexpensive.
Old May 28, 2003, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Had dinner at The Boheme restaurant in Feb, it was terrific.
Old May 28, 2003, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
A word if you want to go to the Sunday Brunch: RESERVE! It is very popular with both locals and guests, and unfortunately I was "shut out" (they offered additional seating in the bar, but unfortunately an occlusion of cigarette smoke resembling downtown Baghdad a month ago made that a non-acceptable option).
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:58 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat, Hilton Gold, America West Silver
There is cheap parking nearby!

Just had a wonderufl stay at the Bohemian. Great midori martini in the lobby bar. Loved every minute of my stay.

From these posts and from the front desk folk, I assumed there was no cheap parking to be had. But there is $6-10 overnight parking available on weekends. One place is just across the street from the main valet entrance ($6), another is on Pine Street (if the valet entrance is on the left, go right onto Orange Ave, Left onto Pine and you'll see the lot on your left ($10 overnight on a Sunday; cheaper on a Fri or Sat), another is Left on Orange Ave, 1st right and then it's on your right. It says Church Street parking and you have to pre-pay $6.)

When I told the hotel that the parking information they were dispensing was wrong, they comped me the first night's parking. Very classy.

There's wireless on the lobby floor and on the 5th floor, but the way.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, SPG Plat
I'll disagree - I had two meals there in October. The first was a light meal at the bar which wasn't great, but was edible.

The second was in the Boheme restaurant, and was truly awful. All four of us swore we'd never eat there again. (Breakfast, on the other hand, was fine.)
Old Feb 6, 2005, 12:45 pm

We stayed there and found the food in La Boheme to be very good, the atmosphere was very nice for a romantic evening or elegant (although a little cooky) evening. It is pretty pricey, but if you go to the hotels website directly they have a lot of package deals which include food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.