Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Adds Aegean as Transfer Partner

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
SPG Adds Aegean as Transfer Partner

Looks like Aegean has been added as a transfer partner to SPG (at a 1:1 transfer ratio) with immediate effect.

Reported by Traveling For Miles here

and

by SPG here
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
New Miles+Bonus partnership with Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Earn points at 1,200 properties around the globe and convert them to miles!

We are happy to announce that, as of now, you are able to convert Starpoints® into award miles. Join Starwood Preferred Guest®, earn Starpoints® at more than 1,200 properties worldwide and transfer them easily into your Miles+Bonus account.

Miles+Bonus and Starwood Hotels & Resorts welcome offer!
To celebrate our new partnership, we offer you double Starpoints® at any of the participating hotels & resorts in Greece.

Bookings from 10.12.2015 until 29.02.2016 | Stays until 31.12.2016
http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...=MilesStarwood
Old Dec 10, 2015, 2:26 pm

I had booked one of the participating properties on an AAA rate, but I thought I'd switch my reservation to take advantage of this "Stay in Greece" double points offer (which also includes "complimentary breakfast"). The AAA rate appeared to be only 3 EUR cheaper, until I updated the number of adults in the room from 1 to 2 and all of the sudden the "Stay in Greece" rate jumped by an additional 20 EUR.

I think I'll pass on this offer, and stick with my AAA rate. SPG Plat will provide the same breakfast at no additional cost.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
I'm a little surprised to see something like this, given the merger with Marriott. I know the programs are going to be separate for a while yet, but it still strikes me as a little odd that they're adding transfer partners given that nobody knows the long-term future of the SPG points-to-miles feature yet.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
I'm a little surprised to see something like this, given the merger with Marriott. I know the programs are going to be separate for a while yet, but it still strikes me as a little odd that they're adding transfer partners given that nobody knows the long-term future of the SPG points-to-miles feature yet.
The merger hasn't even been approved. I'm sure both company's are told to operate as normal - as competitors.

I spect more innovation, from both sides, knowing this could lead to potential job security!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
These things don't just pop up overnight. They've liekly been working through the partnership for months, at least. SPG will be stand alone for probably a year, at least, if the merger completes, and the partnership could just transition to Marriott. Business doesn't end with an announcement - as you say, nobody knows the long-term future. So why change today based on unknowns.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:43 am

Has anyone transferred Starpoints to Aegean yet? If so, do you know how long it took the points to post?

I am looking to redeem some Starpoints for a flight through Aegean but I want to ensure availability before I do so. They will only hold a ticket for 48 hours though, so I am hoping that the transfer time from Starwood to Aegean will take place within that window...
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:18 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Which Aegean awards are best?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Which Aegean awards are best?
Even though SPG Starpoints transfer to Aegean, your question would probably be best asked where there is more Aegean expertise.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...les-bonus-694/
Old Mar 27, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by Jclarkperry
Has anyone transferred Starpoints to Aegean yet? If so, do you know how long it took the points to post?

I am looking to redeem some Starpoints for a flight through Aegean but I want to ensure availability before I do so. They will only hold a ticket for 48 hours though, so I am hoping that the transfer time from Starwood to Aegean will take place within that window...
did you end up transfering and can report the time?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by zagy
did you end up transfering and can report the time?
Anyone have any experience on how long this takes?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Jclarkperry

I finally did a transfer myself. Put in the request with SPG Friday morning and the miles were in the account by Wed morning. Not sure if that means it takes 5 days or if it would have taken less if the weekend wasn't in the way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.