Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel DUS, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 1:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by SPG Junkie
I have an upcoming stay at the hotel for a single night. Any updates on Plat treatment? Unfortunately, the rate is a steep 459 Euros. Thank goodness its a business expense and not out of personal pocket...
If you stay in May, it looks like the Drupa fair rate.

During the days of the fair, you can consider yourself lucky to get a room close to DUS in a decent hotel.

Do not expect anything at all on top of a slightly upgraded room
Old Oct 13, 2012, 2:23 am

Stayed in an executive room.

Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...ldorf-airport/

Last edited by youhavebeenupgraded; Mar 15, 2014 at 5:59 am
Old Dec 15, 2012, 1:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Currently at DUS. Booked 20 minutes prior to arrival and upgraded to executive room at check-in.

Rooms are a bit dated but can't beat location if you have a flight to catch.

WiFi a slow due to economy plan. €16 if you are not elite. Highway robbery.

Last edited by seawolf; Dec 15, 2012 at 6:22 pm
Old Feb 2, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I was getting 1MB up and down today on the WiFi. But that was at 7am. Maybe slower with more people online.

Also my room had wired internet which seemed to work a bit better.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 5:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
At 1AM

Old May 21, 2013, 6:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Sheraton DUS Airport

Originally Posted by GB
I will be in Dusseldorf on business on May 19 and need two rooms (traveling with a female colleague). City seems sold out due to a huge trade show. I am Platinum with Starwood and they will force one room for me at their airport property, but not two rooms. Anyone have any suggestions. I have a 7:00am flight out the morning of the 20th, so I don't want to stay in Cologne or Essen.

Is the reality that there is no club lounge and also no pool?
Old May 21, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

There isn't much. You may try Sheraton Essen or the DUS Hyatt.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
Currently at DUS. Booked 20 minutes prior to arrival and upgraded to executive room at check-in.
Is an upgrade in exec room the best you can get as a plat ?
Old May 22, 2013, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geilux
Is an upgrade in exec room the best you can get as a plat ?
That's all I've ever gotten with several stays here. But it's only a place you stay when you have a morning flight out. Arrive late, sleep and leave. Otherwise stay at a nice hotel in the city.
Old May 22, 2013, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stimpy
That's all I've ever gotten with several stays here. But it's only a place you stay when you have a morning flight out. Arrive late, sleep and leave. Otherwise stay at a nice hotel in the city.

That's very sad to see that the hotel is such a dump! Location can't be better. But if there is no pool, no sauna, no club lounge, no suite?
Old May 22, 2013, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
That's very sad to see that the hotel is such a dump! Location can't be better. But if there is no pool, no sauna, no club lounge, no suite?
The hotel is not a dump and why would you need all those things at an airport hotel? Again, this is mainly for business people and tourists who will be flying out the next morning. The vast majority of their guests are staying for a single night. I prefer this hotel stays without those amenities and stays nicely priced. If they add a bunch of things the cost will go up.
Old May 22, 2013, 1:26 pm
Suspended

If one leaves DUS on a weekend day, the Sheraton Essen (20-25 minutes away) is a good bet. Club lounge, frequent suite upgrades, nice wellness area and just 10-15 more minutes away from the airport than the Hyatt in DUS.

The Sheraton DUS has two junior suites, which are not in the upgrade pool, so an Executive Room is the standard Plat. upgrade.
Old May 22, 2013, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
It is mostly a place for business travelers on the go, not so much for people trying to maximize their stays by eating and drinking the whole day in the lounge...
Old May 22, 2013, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FD1971
If one leaves DUS on a weekend day, the Sheraton Essen (20-25 minutes away) is a good bet. Club lounge, frequent suite upgrades, nice wellness area and just 10-15 more minutes away from the airport than the Hyatt in DUS.

The Sheraton DUS has two junior suites, which are not in the upgrade pool, so an Executive Room is the standard Plat. upgrade.

Sorry Mister, I won't be slim enough to fit into the small "executive room"
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Staying here right now, and honestly: I am positively surprised. I knew in advance about the things available and not, and of course that the upgrade would be to an executive-room only.

That said I think the room is decent enough for the one night I am here between two flights to/from DUS and a quick meeting in Dusseldorf over lunch in between. I also think the bed is wider than the 1.40m someone else mentioned, I think it is more like 1.60m - and I slept very well in it. Also the A/C was working extremly well - I haven't had a hotel-room that was so well-cooled over night for a while.

Space-wise I cannot complain - certainly not your room for a weeklong vacation, but for the purpose of the hotel it is more than acceptable, and I think the layout uses the available space pretty good. I specifically enjoyed that the hotel is all on one level, so no further elevator-rides once you get to the lobby. I also like the fact that they offer breakfast from 5am onwards - this really caters to the needs of people with an early flight! And as others said, I also had the feeling that the airport was perfectly kept out - with the interior courtyard view from my exectutive room I could have been somewhere else.

Finally the attitude of all staff I encountered was immensely positive. I was greeted with a smile, everything was prepared for a quick check-in, and I was on my way to the room in less than a minute. Also from a service-perspective I was positively surprised that I was offered a welcome gift and free full breakfast for the missing lounge in addition to my 500 points amenity. Again the person delivering the gift (in under ten minutes after checkin) was smiling despite the late hour and genuinely seemed to be happy to receive a tip for the delivery.

So all in all I will be back here - not very often since I live rather close from here, but for a morning-flight out of DUS this is certainly my future first choice.

Greetings - Dirk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.