Made it to Platinum today !!!

Old Apr 22, 03, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K - Starwood LifetimePlatinum - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum - Singapore Airlines PPS
Made it to Platinum today !!!

Re-qualified for Platinum today. 25 stays and 36 nights and counting, counting, counting...
Starwood, my home away from home !!!
Old Apr 22, 03, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I bet you are really glad you got Starpoint amenities and not those Powerbars in the box... I am only 2/5 of the way to Plat for next year.
Old Apr 22, 03, 11:59 pm

Wow!! That is quick!! I havent even requalified myself for gold (not far though!!)
Old Apr 23, 03, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K - Starwood LifetimePlatinum - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum - Singapore Airlines PPS
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eastbay1K:
I bet you are really glad you got Starpoint amenities and not those Powerbars in the box... I am only 2/5 of the way to Plat for next year.</font>
Paul, you are very right !!! Still a long way to go to finish this year !!!
I'm still lobbying for a new category above Platinum !!!

Old Apr 23, 03, 6:17 pm
Original Member

Couscous,

Beat you by two weeks!! Now at 54 nights!!

On track for 100+ this year. Can anyone say double-secret-platinum status?
Old Apr 23, 03, 6:26 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Made Platinum via the old system last week -- 20 stays, 40 nights. Now for the extra mile that SPG wants me to travel
Old Apr 23, 03, 7:48 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Good for your guys, but that extra mile is going to be a real stretch for some of us longstanding Plat members. I am only 1/3 of the way to date so I have a lot of stays required yet, but with the SARS scare I know my travel will be cut back severely!

Just came back from Thailand where hotels are empty and some flights too.

Old Apr 23, 03, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Only 2/5 of the way so far. I had planned on having requalified already by this time and be working on requalifying for Hyatt Diamond, but vacation and laziness to travel turned me into a SPG slacker. Now to hurry up and requalify.
Old Apr 23, 03, 8:31 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Premier Executive, AirTran Elite, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold VIP, Her
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hreamer:
Couscous,

Beat you by two weeks!! Now at 54 nights!!

On track for 100+ this year. Can anyone say double-secret-platinum status?
</font>
Sorry hreamer, tonight is my 58th night and already have at least another 9 nights booked.
Old Apr 23, 03, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Made it near the end of March.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Welcome PremEx,
Platinum Preferred

You have:
xxxxx Starpoints
28 stays year-to-date
42 nights year-to-date</font>
Old Apr 23, 03, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'm glad I'm not the winner of this one...
Old Apr 23, 03, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eastbay1K:
I'm glad I'm not the winner of this one...</font>
So am I. I like the status but nothing is more important than being with your close ones and work without have to travel. It's fun and exciting when you started, like mileage junky, but after a while, it's tiring.

Couscous, I think you are going to win the contest 2nd year in a row and if you do, I'll fly to SFO to buy you a drink that I still owe you!
Old Apr 23, 03, 9:36 pm

Stays Year-to-Date: 24
Nights Year-to-Date: 68

I've stopped staying at Marriotts totally.

Trying to requalify for Hyatt, but there are none within an easy drive to where I'm working.

Already requalified for Hilton Silver, just so I can book VIP awards. I might go for Gold as a third backup chain to SPG and Hyatt.

[This message has been edited by Tummy (edited 04-23-2003).]
Old Apr 24, 03, 7:58 am

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
50+ nights already? I've got 9 stays so far this year and it feels like I've been on the road forever.
Old Apr 24, 03, 8:51 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Guava:
So am I. I like the status but nothing is more important than being with your close ones and work without have to travel. It's fun and exciting when you started, like mileage junky, but after a while, it's tiring.

Couscous, I think you are going to win the contest 2nd year in a row and if you do, I'll fly to SFO to buy you a drink that I still owe you!
</font>
Thanks Guava !! Looks like I have some tough competition this year though... Glad you havent't forgotten my drink !!! I'm actually planning a trip to Montreal in August or September so don't forget !!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: