Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:40 am

So the hotel opens in less than one week and I still can't dig up a single actual photo of the property or rooms, apart from digital renderings on the website...
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by OliverB
So the hotel opens in less than one week and I still can't dig up a single actual photo of the property or rooms, apart from digital renderings on the website...
Well, the hotel isn't open so...
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

photos may not be available AFTER opening, its up to owner

if its a franchise, starwood does not even manage
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
It seems they've added 28 photos.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury...language=en_US

I'll be staying at the hotel in September and will definitely be posting a 360° VR trip report to my website which is my username with a .com at the end.

Went for club level and hoping to experience a pretty impressive display.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:16 am

I too made a reservation here, for October. But I had to pay 21500 points for a deluxe room per night. The agent I chatted with could not see any rooms at 20000 points per night, and he tried several dates. Not sure if those superior rooms even exist? The chat agent said the deluxe rooms were the standard ones, but could not explain the higher cost.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by heakja
I too made a reservation here, for October. But I had to pay 21500 points for a deluxe room per night. The agent I chatted with could not see any rooms at 20000 points per night, and he tried several dates. Not sure if those superior rooms even exist? The chat agent said the deluxe rooms were the standard ones, but could not explain the higher cost.
Maybe they only have a few rooms at that level. I can confirm that they definitely do offer 20k redemptions though because I have one coming up in late September.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Room type

I was in Tokyo last week and tried to use points - two different SPG Platinum agents said no standard rooms available until January. I tried finding one for a variety of dates and was unsuccessful. On the Prince hotels site, it shows all room varieties and shows "deluxe" as the lowest category.

Sadly after I asked both SPG agents said I could not spend more points for a deluxe room, so based on other posts, I may have been steered wrong. Always a bit of teething pain with a new property, looks nice though.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:39 pm

Prince Gallery vs Park Hyatt/ Andaz

If anyone has stayed here, would really appreciate your thoughts regarding the rooms, F&B and platinum recognition.

I'm visiting Tokyo soon and I usually split my stay into two hotels, usually 3 nights at Sheraton Miyako and 3 nights at Park Hyatt or Andaz. Since this hotel is priced in the same ball park as the PH and Andaz, I'm wondering if they are comparable in terms of service, amenities, etc. If they are, I might as well stick to SPG for the whole time.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Haven't stayed here yet, but have a reservation for the end of August. After checking both web pages, spg and Prince, called today for some clarification. (Had to call as no mail address to be found on the web pages.)

- According to their policy, they will allow at most two adults and one child below elementary school age in one room. Was told that in case you want to stay with two adults and one first grader (or older) or three adults you wold have to get two rooms. Regardless of the room type and size reserved.

- The spa and fitness area, including pool, is only accessible for persons aged 18 yrs or older.

- When staying in the lowest room category, which is Deluxe, fitness area access is JPY 4,000 per person. Access fee is waived when staying in higher room category or being spg Plat (... didn't ask about Gold or lower).

- Plats will also get free access to Club Lounge. Club Lounge serves breakfast. There is no age limit for Club Lounge access.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by shonanroger
Haven't stayed here yet, but have a reservation for the end of August. After checking both web pages, spg and Prince, called today for some clarification. (Had to call as no mail address to be found on the web pages.)

- According to their policy, they will allow at most two adults and one child below elementary school age in one room. Was told that in case you want to stay with two adults and one first grader (or older) or three adults you wold have to get two rooms. Regardless of the room type and size reserved.

- The spa and fitness area, including pool, is only accessible for persons aged 18 yrs or older.

- When staying in the lowest room category, which is Deluxe, fitness area access is JPY 4,000 per person. Access fee is waived when staying in higher room category or being spg Plat (... didn't ask about Gold or lower).

- Plats will also get free access to Club Lounge. Club Lounge serves breakfast. There is no age limit for Club Lounge access.
I wonder if all facilities are opened yet. Nice to know they have a Club Lounge. Hope to do a short stay next year.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:10 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Are there any reviews on this hotel? I'm longing for a good SPG option in Tokyo… right now I'm staying at the Sheraton which is a pretty mediocre hotel. My go-to would be the Andaz, but my loyalties lie with SPG. I would love to have an Andaz-caliber hotel within SPG's program.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Does this mean that the club lounge doesn't have evening appetizers/snacks/desserts and drinks? It's just breakfast?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does this mean that the club lounge doesn't have evening appetizers/snacks/desserts and drinks? It's just breakfast?
No. Just means that I confirmed in particular about breakfast. Some Japanese SPG properties, as e.g. Westin Nagoya Castle or Sheraton Miyako Osaka, don't serve breakfast in their "lounges".
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:10 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

No. Just means that I confirmed in particular about breakfast. Some Japanese SPG properties, as e.g. Westin Nagoya Castle or Sheraton Miyako Osaka, don't serve breakfast in their "lounges".
Fair warning, but: is Japan. Anyone who's about to complain about any lounge should take a look at the lounge at Westin Nagoya.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Plaza Athenee (LRM) in Bangkok does that.

IIRC Westin Tokyo gives a choice of breakfast in the lounge or the big buffet downstairs in the (very crowded IME) restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.