Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Leipzig, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Leipzig, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2011, 2:11 am

Have booked 3 nights here in a couple of weeks. Doubt I will get much as a Gold preferred guest. Is there free wifi in the public areas as in other Starwood properties Ive stayed in? I dont feel like paying 19.5 euro's for the pleasure.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by AndyLondon
Have booked 3 nights here in a couple of weeks. Doubt I will get much as a Gold preferred guest. Is there free wifi in the public areas as in other Starwood properties Ive stayed in? I dont feel like paying 19.5 euro's for the pleasure.
Bad luck. Buy yourself a prepaid SIM card and use UMTS...
Old Mar 31, 2011, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Bad luck. Buy yourself a prepaid SIM card and use UMTS...
Glad to see the legal profession keeping up the proud tradition of not answering the question..
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Glad to see the legal profession keeping up the proud tradition of not answering the question..
I thought "bad luck" was clear enough. To answer in a full sentence: I am more than sorry to convey the bad news that there is no free wifi in the public areas of the Westin Leipzig as there might be in certain other (most of them Sheraton) Starwood properties.

Rest assured, this long answer increases the bill for legal fees quite a bit.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:37 pm

I thought "bad luck" was clear enough. To answer in a full sentence: I am more than sorry to convey the bad news that there is no free wifi in the public areas of the Westin Leipzig as there might be in certain other (most of them Sheraton) Starwood properties.

Rest assured, this long answer increases the bill for legal fees quite a bit.
The Flyertalk community can only hope that your other 6,947 responses are equally illuminating
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: none...at the moment!
Just came back from the Westin Leipzig.Spent five nights there, and YES there is free internet in the public spaces...in your room it is, 19.50 per day or 24.95 for week. If you are a platinum, it's waved when you check out. You also get the "happy hour" and a free mineral water from the mini bar every day.

At check in , I was given a list of amenities choices to choose from...^
Old Jul 24, 2011, 5:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Did 1 night at the Westin Leipzig this week as part of a family road trip.

2 rooms booked at cheapest rate (74€/room) upgraded to very impressive suite with balcony on 20th floor, and a Deluxe room on the same floor. Both very modern and the suite with a very "W-like" glass bathroom and a super comfy bed (why are all "Heavenly beds" not created eaqual ?).

Nice Gym/Pool area (also very modern), and a "lounge" with free softdrinks/beer/wine as part of the lobby bar from 11AM to 7PM (didn't try it, since we arrived/left outside its hours).

Parked in the street right outside for 1,40€/hour between 9AM and 5PM.

Opted out of hotel breakfast and went to a bakery in the shopping centre in the Central station 400m away for breakfast instead (ended up costing more since the kids found a teddy bear shop next door ;-) .

No WiFi in rooms (only cable). WifF in lobby area was paid but I was given a free 1 hour voucher when I asked.

Last edited by raunow; Jul 24, 2011 at 6:14 am Reason: WiFi info
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by raunow
Did 1 night at the Westin Leipzig this week as part of a family road trip.

2 rooms booked at cheapest rate (74€/room) upgraded to very impressive suite with balcony on 20th floor, and a Deluxe room on the same floor. Both very modern and the suite with a very "W-like" glass bathroom and a super comfy bed (why are all "Heavenly beds" not created eaqual ?).

Nice Gym/Pool area (also very modern), and a "lounge" with free softdrinks/beer/wine as part of the lobby bar from 11AM to 7PM (didn't try it, since we arrived/left outside its hours).

Parked in the street right outside for 1,40€/hour between 9AM and 5PM.

Opted out of hotel breakfast and went to a bakery in the shopping centre in the Central station 400m away for breakfast instead (ended up costing more since the kids found a teddy bear shop next door ;-) .

No WiFi in rooms (only cable). WifF in lobby area was paid but I was given a free 1 hour voucher when I asked.
Thanks for the post !

Tough luck with the teddy bear store in the railway station...

Still a very very impressive building with a lot of stores that are quite handy and open late. Some excellent bakery stores and decent fast food outlets, so I would also recommend taking the time to get some bakery items for breakfast. There is also an Aldi & Rewe grocery store on the lowest level, which is open on Sundays.

The Deluxe suites ( xx06 ) are indeed quite impressive and very modern with quality furniture and appliances ( Knoll, Loewe & Grohe ) not to mention Bulgari toiletries.

Probably the best standard suite upgrade, one can get as a Platinum in Germany. ^
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Originally Posted by charder
I was not offered the platinum offer in the hotel bar immediately but after asking what the offer as compensation for missing club lounge I got exactly what Flying Lawyer described. But the food was not from Falco as it was closed during this time. Despite it was nice. But the bar staff did not feel very well to serve platinums in their bar for free.
Stayed recently in the Westin. Received a little note at check-in with all the platinum benefits written on it. As Flying Lawyer described, the snack selection was excellent (even though Falco was closed too). Moreover, the Shinto Lounge staff was exceptionally friendly and caring, immediately confirmed our free platinum food and drinks benefit, offered us another beer when we had finished the first etc.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 1:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Free internet

The hotel offer free internet throughout the stay if you book through their own German homepage.

Useless for us plats, but useful for others

I guess breakfast is not included for plats? Breakfast cost only 13 EUR when booking it in advance.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 3:51 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond, SPG Plat, Accor Gold
Is staying at this hotel now and I will just update on the Plat benefits regarding the drinks... now Plats can drink at the bar from 12pm to 7pm inclusive of wine and beers. A nice touch is that from 6pm- 7pm, they will serve some snacks which includes bread, soup, some duck in a crispy pastry and some rabbit dish in the shape of a UFO.

If you choose breakfast over the 500 points, then you can get to eat at the Bruhl restaurant every morning.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DurandilToss
Is staying at this hotel now and I will just update on the Plat benefits regarding the drinks... now Plats can drink at the bar from 12pm to 7pm inclusive of wine and beers. A nice touch is that from 6pm- 7pm, they will serve some snacks which includes bread, soup, some duck in a crispy pastry and some rabbit dish in the shape of a UFO.

If you choose breakfast over the 500 points, then you can get to eat at the Bruhl restaurant every morning.
I am once again in Leipzig on my 80 euro rate enjoying my 06 suite. I had a few Koestritzer, a wonderful Platinum snack and enjoy this place
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:49 pm

I am once again in Leipzig on my 80 euro rate enjoying my 06 suite. I had a few Koestritzer, a wonderful Platinum snack and enjoy this place
Welcome back. Enjoy the first refreshing night since days as I do at home just 300 meter away.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
What are the platinum benefits in this property?

Breakfast? Drinks? Snacks?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skrosvik
What are the platinum benefits in this property?

Breakfast? Drinks? Snacks?
Suite upgrade
Free drinks at the bar from 12pm to 7pm
Platinum one plate full dinner between 6pm and 7pm

And: Reading this thread would have been educating because it has been reported more than one, in particular directly above your question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.