Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moana or HHV

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2003, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Location: atlanta, ga, - SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Delta Silver Medallion
Moana or HHV

I am a SPG Plat and Hilton Diamond and am planning a 5 night stay in Jue at one of these two properties. I have read all the posts on the SPG and Hilton boards and still am torn as to which hotel would be best for a family of four, kids 6 and 12. My gut feel is Moana would be better if it was just me and my wife but the HHV better w/ kids. Let me know if I am missing something. Also, I am operating on the premise that an upgrade has an equal chance of occurring at either property.
Old Apr 4, 2003, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HHV. Better for family (better pool, birds, pengins, kids activities galore) and many more Suite opportunities at the HHV.

IMHO.
Old Apr 4, 2003, 4:18 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
On the otherhand the Moana is more centralized

On my last trip in August 2002, I stayed at the Moana Surfrider and the pool area filled up pretty early. I did take a walk down to the Hilton for the fireworks show and the pool area is considerably bigger.
Old Apr 4, 2003, 5:17 am

Done them both a few times. With kids, I think the HHV is a much better choice. While I enjoyed the Moana, the HHV just had so much more there for the kids (even my teens were bored stiff at the Moana). The location is not all that far from the Moana, esp for things that families like to do. A tip for shopping or walking to the Int'l Marketplace: Walk out along the beach instead of the front of the hotel, its a far shorter walk (or at least it feels that way)! If at all possible, try to get the Ali'i tower at HHV. It is at Concierge level (I think), and mixes the intimacy of the Moana with the variety of HHV (it also has its own separate pool and terrace area, or you can use the main pool). I have always had great service there (like 2 or 3 x daily maid service, with ice water and fruit left in the room, private check-in, etc). This was a few years ago, so hopefully, it hasn't changed!

Robin

[This message has been edited by Fishbait (edited 04-04-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.