FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Promo : 2,500 bonus Starpoints for one Keyless stay which is paid with Amex (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1726793-promo-2-500-bonus-starpoints-one-keyless-stay-paid-amex.html)

craigthemif Dec 9, 15 12:22 pm

Worked fine at the Aloft Excel London. I even checked in from a hotel across town. It couldn't cope with a late check-out though so I ended up with a regular key.

2,500 points posted promptly. ^

illico Dec 9, 15 1:39 pm


Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 25838726)
Worked fine at the Aloft Excel London. I even checked in from a hotel across town. It couldn't cope with a late check-out though so I ended up with a regular key.

2,500 points posted promptly. ^

May I ask how quick was promptly?

TMM1982 Dec 11, 15 6:19 am


Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker IV (Post 25823642)
Hi fakeman,

If you have registered your AMEX card through the link provided previously, booked and pay with your AMEX card, you will be able to earn the bonus points.

Chua Chie Ling | Social Media Specialist
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
[email protected]

You're not addressing the question so perhaps you're not understanding it. When registering for the promo, there is no mention of what our AMEX card # is so it simply is not possible to register it. The only thing we can do is add the card to our SPG profile and use that card to pay for the stay.

Is that good enough?

Please answer yes or no.

Starwood Lurker Dec 11, 15 10:06 am


Originally Posted by TMM1982 (Post 25848384)
You're not addressing the question so perhaps you're not understanding it. When registering for the promo, there is no mention of what our AMEX card # is so it simply is not possible to register it. The only thing we can do is add the card to our SPG profile and use that card to pay for the stay.

Is that good enough?

Please answer yes or no.

My colleague may have been given some erroneous information initially. It is not necessary to register an American Express card during registration for this offer. Simply fill out the registration details provided for and book your reservation using an American Express card. Using any other card to book your reservation will not earn the 2,500 Starpoints.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

PointWeasel Dec 11, 15 10:15 am

Thanks, William. ^

I am not sure why some fellow FTers find this promotion so difficult to understand, as it is fairly plain and simple. Register on the link provided as you would with any SPG promotion, then book and pay with American Express. Easy peasy.

Bonus +2,500 - 12/10/2015
SPG AMEX KEYLESS PROMO 2500PTS


Now, that brings my to the keyless option itself. In the past week at 2 properties, the keyless option is anything but easy. With non-US/Canada stays, there is a mandatory front desk visit for a passport scan or ID verification, then a request in their Opera system to activate the keyless option which takes from 5 to 30 mins in my experience.

Add to that the issue at the W Bogota where the keyless option would not work in the final 20ish hours of my 3 night stay - the elevator key would flash green but the floor would not be recognized and then the door access would flash green and not click.

So...bottom line. Back to plastic, I am not a convert.

Starwood Lurker Dec 11, 15 10:25 am


Originally Posted by PointWeasel (Post 25849438)
...Now, that brings my to the keyless option itself. In the past week at 2 properties, the keyless option is anything but easy. With non-US/Canada stays, there is a mandatory front desk visit for a passport scan or ID verification, then a request in their Opera system to activate the keyless option which takes from 5 to 30 mins in my experience.

Add to that the issue at the W Bogota where the keyless option would not work in the final 20ish hours of my 3 night stay - the elevator key would flash green but the floor would not be recognized and then the door access would flash green and not click.

So...bottom line. Back to plastic, I am not a convert.

My apologies for any inconvenience. I posted this earlier in the thread. SPG is dedicated to making SPG Keyless as flawless as possible, so if any anomalies pop up, the SPG App team would love to hear from you.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Lappe Dec 11, 15 10:40 am


Originally Posted by PointWeasel (Post 25849438)

Add to that the issue at the W Bogota where the keyless option would not work in the final 20ish hours of my 3 night stay - the elevator key would flash green but the floor would not be recognized and then the door access would flash green and not click.

Similar experience at the W Bogota room door, but only after standard checkout time. The room door would not work so I ended up calling downstairs for somebody to open my door for the last four hours. After once doing a fruitless rt to FD myself...

Oxon Flyer Dec 11, 15 11:17 am


Originally Posted by PointWeasel (Post 25849438)
I am not sure why some fellow FTers find this promotion so difficult to understand, as it is fairly plain and simple. Register on the link provided as you would with any SPG promotion, then book and pay with American Express. Easy peasy

That may be your interpretation, but that's not what the T&Cs for this promotion say. It's a valid question to seek an explanation and clarification of the meaning of :


Originally Posted by T&Cs
must book and pay using their registered American Express® Card

Now that William has clarified, will the T&Cs be amended so say "... pay using an American Express Card" to avoid further confusion ?

Starwood Lurker Dec 11, 15 11:46 am


Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 25849775)
...Now that William has clarified, will the T&Cs be amended so say "... pay using an American Express Card" to avoid further confusion ?

Perhaps; if American Express is willing to agree to such a change.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

yann Dec 13, 15 7:04 pm


Originally Posted by PointWeasel (Post 25849438)
Thanks, William. ^

I am not sure why some fellow FTers find this promotion so difficult to understand, as it is fairly plain and simple. Register on the link provided as you would with any SPG promotion, then book and pay with American Express. Easy peasy.

Bonus +2,500 - 12/10/2015
SPG AMEX KEYLESS PROMO 2500PTS


Now, that brings my to the keyless option itself. In the past week at 2 properties, the keyless option is anything but easy. With non-US/Canada stays, there is a mandatory front desk visit for a passport scan or ID verification, then a request in their Opera system to activate the keyless option which takes from 5 to 30 mins in my experience.

Add to that the issue at the W Bogota where the keyless option would not work in the final 20ish hours of my 3 night stay - the elevator key would flash green but the floor would not be recognized and then the door access would flash green and not click.

So...bottom line. Back to plastic, I am not a convert.

My experience was just as bad. Aloft Brussels just couldn't make the Keyless thing work (I waited for 15 minutes at check-in at 1AM while they tried), so they provided me with plastic keys instead.

I didn't receive the bonus points yet, but I hope that I don't have to request them.

mhdena Dec 13, 15 8:08 pm

My email to SPG last week

My SPG keyless is not recognize the

Rancho Aloft property here on 12/4/15 Rancho Cucamonga, CA.



The front desk lady tried and tried, she called SPG customer service and tried some more with no success.
I also called SPG to notify them of the difficulty.

mhdena Dec 13, 15 8:11 pm

Can one of you Lurkers look into this for me?


Thanks

jibi Dec 13, 15 9:39 pm


Originally Posted by mhdena (Post 25859486)
Can one of you Lurkers look into this for me?


Thanks

Here's what YOU need to do.


Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 25832799)
My apologies for the inconvenience. Anyone finding themselves in this kind of situation should send an email to [email protected] to report their experience directly to the team monitoring this.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]


mhdena Dec 13, 15 9:49 pm

I did that the day after as well as called. How long does it take?

Do YOU know or are you just trying to be helpful in your own way?

craigthemif Dec 14, 15 12:55 am


Originally Posted by illico (Post 25839109)
May I ask how quick was promptly?

Within 24 hours of the stay posting to my SPG account.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:05 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.