Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minor Warning re Crystal City Sheraton

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2003, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Minor Warning re Crystal City Sheraton

Just a heads up. The hotel is less than a mile from National Airport. I had an early flight from there so I shifted from the Westin Embassy Row (really nice suite upgrade) to the Sheraton on the last night to make the morning access to the 6am flight a bit more reasonable. Once there I found out that they don't run any shuttle until 6am. That's rather disappointing for a major business hotel a mile from a major airport but . . . So I asked about a cab and they said call when I woke up and they'd make sure there was one there. I did and it wound up taking them over 40 minutes to get a cab. Actually, I don't know that they actually were responsible for the cab since we (actually another guest also waiting) flagged down the cab as it was going by. Really poor service. I must point out that when I wrote to Starwood expressing my disappointment in the service they gave me some points - didn't ask for any but that was a nice gesture. However, if any of you are thinking about using that hotel for early access to the airport be careful.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 1:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pdx1M:
Just a heads up. The hotel is less than a mile from National Airport. I had an early flight from there so I shifted from the Westin Embassy Row (really nice suite upgrade) to the Sheraton on the last night to make the morning access to the 6am flight a bit more reasonable. Once there I found out that they don't run any shuttle until 6am. That's rather disappointing for a major business hotel a mile from a major airport</font>
What I find most frustrating about situations like this is that in my experience, the hotel personnel almost always have an attitude that it's completely unresaonable for someone to expect a shuttle prior to 6am (as if the time they picked has some inherent or natural property to it that makes it the obvious start time, especially considering that there are flights that depart before then), act like you're the first person that's ever had this problem, and are not terribly helpful in finding a resolution. Very frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.