Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Congratulations to Starwood/Starwood Lurker for new book honor.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Congratulations to Starwood/Starwood Lurker for new book honor.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2003, 12:52 pm

I'm sure the folks at Starwood will order a few copies since it touches on a subject that is near and dear to our hearts.

Yes you are, William. Keep up the good work, and since I'll be in planes for awhile- Happy Birthday!
Old Feb 20, 2003, 1:03 pm

Programs: FB Plat Lifetime - BA GGL - VS Gold - EK Gold - HH Diamond - SPG Gold - Club Carlson Gold
Congratulations William.

Very well deserved!
Old Feb 20, 2003, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
In the article dated March 2002.....

Somehow I was under the impression you were my age.

Just prior to the CatmanDo 3 in March 2001, USA Today ran William's first claim to fame...his HAT! (now in the possession of Catman).

Dan
Old Feb 20, 2003, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congrats!

I'm forwarding my copy of the book to United, who seems to have forgotten many of their lessons.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 2:08 pm

Congratulations, William. I am probably one of many who converted to *wood from other hotel programs because of you. I figure if *wood cares enough to assign someone lurking here, it has earned the right for my business. And I know if I have problems unsolvable by CSRs, I will have a last resort here.

I noticed in the USA Today article, you are stationed in Austin, TX. I thought *wood is HQed in NY or NJ. Do you commute to work? If so, do you stay a lot in *wood hotels? I think it would be cool if you are a road warrior yourself and go through the same problems we encounter everyday like unintuitive web booking, rude CSRs like the rest of us.

Old Feb 20, 2003, 2:33 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by huangFT:

Congratulations, William. I am probably one of many who converted to *wood from other hotel programs because of you. I figure if *wood cares enough to assign someone lurking here, it has earned the right for my business. And I know if I have problems unsolvable by CSRs, I will have a last resort here.

I noticed in the USA Today article, you are stationed in Austin, TX. I thought *wood is HQed in NY or NJ. Do you commute to work? If so, do you stay a lot in *wood hotels? I think it would be cool if you are a road warrior yourself and go through the same problems we encounter everyday like unintuitive web booking, rude CSRs like the rest of us.

</font>
Thanks. No, I'm firmly established in the Lone Star state, but I do work closely with the folks at Starwood World HQ on Starwood Preferred Guest-related things. I have better access to the database here and the phone and email have made the distance a bit shorter. From time to time, whenever a head to head meeting is required, they have always been kind enough to come here.

So no, I don't travel much, but that doesn't mean I haven't encountered some of the things I see here when I do. I've stayed at about 10 different properties so far - plenty of opportunity to get a good view from the other side.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 3:37 pm

William-
good to see you are getting wider recognition-
Congratulations!
Old Feb 20, 2003, 4:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Congratulations! This is such a well-deserved honor! You really do epitomize class William.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 4:28 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
What William is doing on this board is still quite unique in the industry. We feel like he is doing this full time. Fast answers, cool comments, he is still one of the main reason why I choose SPG as my preferate program.

It is nice to see this recognized from outsiders. Very happy for you William, sincere congratulations!!!

Old Feb 20, 2003, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Way to go William!
Old Feb 20, 2003, 6:15 pm
mrk

Congrats William.... even though the book is written by US authors, your good work is also appreciated by the many European SPG members and travel writers here...
Old Feb 20, 2003, 7:29 pm
cxn

congrats William. Now, can I mail you a book for a sig?

Christian
Old Feb 20, 2003, 7:31 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cxn:
congrats William. Now, can I mail you a book for a sig?

Christian
</font>
Are you sure you're willing to take that risk?

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 7:34 pm
cxn

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Starwood Lurker:
Are you sure you're willing to take that risk?
</font>
how about this, why not get copies of the book and have people get them from you. you could add a few dollars to the cost of the book for your sig and you can donate the extra $$ to a good cause at work.

Christian

PS, I am willing to take the risk on something from you.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 7:42 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cxn:
how about this, why not get copies of the book and have people get them from you. you could add a few dollars to the cost of the book for your sig and you can donate the extra $$ to a good cause at work.</font>
I'll do it if I can get starpoints on the purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.