Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need 30000 Starwood points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2003, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Need 30000 Starwood points

i need to make a award reservations for Venice, Italy for the month of May. It requires 30000 SPG pts.

Unfortunately I do not have that many pts but I have lots of Hilton and Marriott points to trade. I also have NW FF miles to trade.

Please help. Also how do I accumulate that many pts in a hurry. ANy ATT/Credit Card deals.

Thanks so much.
Old Feb 16, 2003, 1:57 pm
Original Member

Try the Starwood Amex card

http://www66.americanexpress.com/car...7135631134/0/n
Old Feb 16, 2003, 7:19 pm

After you get the Amex card, you can also buy a bunch of US Savings bonds - this is one way to almost earn points by purchasing cash. It isn't exactly cash, as you can't redeem them for a year - but they do earn better interest than savings or money markets - and are a good way to get 30,000 starpoints in a short time.
Old Feb 18, 2003, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM, WN A-List Pref, MR LT Plat, SPG LT Gold
This raises the question: Is it possible to directly transfer one's SPG points to someone else's account?
Old Feb 18, 2003, 11:43 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by artiem:
This raises the question: Is it possible to directly transfer one's SPG points to someone else's account?</font>
Two caveats here:

1) you cannot be a Starwood employee
2) the two accounts have to have the same mailing address

Also, it helps if the person sending the points calls to request the transfer so they can provide the password on their account.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 18, 2003, 6:38 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ngupta:
i need to make a award reservations for Venice, Italy for the month of May. It requires 30000 SPG pts.

Unfortunately I do not have that many pts but I have lots of Hilton and Marriott points to trade. I also have NW FF miles to trade...
</font>
Like welookgood.com's posting, bartering for Starpoints is prohibited in the Terms and Conditions of Membership:

9. The sale or barter of any Starpoints, Award Certificates or other Preferred Guest benefits (other than by Starwood) is prohibited.

The idea of internal transfers or earning the Starpoints you need other ways is fine, however.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 18, 2003, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, WN A-List Pref, MR LT Plat, SPG LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Starwood Lurker:
Two caveats here:
[...]
2) the two accounts have to have the same mailing address
</font>
Well, that certainly narrows the pool of potential transferees!
Old Feb 19, 2003, 7:28 am

Stay 60 times at a Sheraton – on each occasion, make a fuss, get 500 points for your trauma (maid opened the door on you, toilet seat was cold, hot water was too hot, cold water was too cold, mirror wasn't flattering enough, etc..) and there you are, 30,000 points richer.

Old Feb 19, 2003, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Canista,

there's always plat amenity for 500pts

Besides I'm sure they keep track of your complaints. After the third they start complaining on you :-)
Old Feb 19, 2003, 8:57 am

[This message has been edited by Canista (edited 02-19-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.