Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Printed Materials Annoyance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2003, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Printed Materials Annoyance

I stayed at the Four Points Newark last Sunday night.

I was quite annoyed to "learn" when I opened my key folder that I could earn 500 Starpoints each time I booked a reservation online.

No expiration date. No qualifier that this was subject to change.

I realize that Starwood corporate has no control over what individual properties do with their printed materials (I am constantly finding "wrong" information inside guest service binders in rooms, in elevator frames, etc.) but it seems to me that this is cost cutting in two measures - not sending new materials to hotels AND not giving us the 500 Starpoints as those materials promise.
Old Feb 17, 2003, 10:49 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
My understanding from the front desk at a property that I stayed at is that a memo did go out asking them to pull the old material.

That said, I have also had very good luck sending email to the GM at a hotel where this was happening and pointed out that I had made 9 reservations since the beginning of 2003 and that I discovered that I would not be receiving the 500 bonus points despite his hotel handing out the key folders promising the extra points. It probably didn't hurt that 6 of those reservations were for his hotel, but he made sure that I was taken care of.

YMMV
Old Feb 17, 2003, 11:21 pm
Suspended

SHERATON FLL AIRPORT, has on their recording that "book at SPG.COM for 500 additional starpoints." Must of listened to it about 50 times the other day. Kept making me madder and madder...
Old Feb 17, 2003, 11:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
once they change it the bonus will come back. watch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.