Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Phoenix Sheraton Crescent vs. Four Points Metrocentre

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2003, 10:12 am
Original Poster

I've got a trip coming up in just over a week. I can get the Sheraton Crescent for $89-99/night or the Four Points Metrocentre at $59-79/night ($weekend-$weekday). Is the Sheraton Crescent that much better to pay $20-30 more per night? Also, are there any thoughts as to whether or not I should pay an extra $20 for Club Level at the Crescent?

I was thinking of trying a few of the Phoenix area hotels during my week-long stay so I could post a Phoenix Hotels trip report with photos for all of you. Any others that you'd like to have compared in the mix if I can manage to find reasonable rates? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by TravelScholar (edited 02-14-2003).]
Old Feb 14, 2003, 10:55 am
Suspended

don't know about either, but where did you get those rates from!?? Ive only been able to get rates almost 2x those. Was hoping to stay at the 4 Pts around 2/22
Old Feb 14, 2003, 5:40 pm

These are pretty much across the interstate from each other. I've been in both; the Sheraton crescent is much larger, seems to operate largely off of it's conference facilities. The 4 Points was converted from something else a couple of years ago, and seems to be newly remodeled. I would check the websites to compare amenities.

Location-wise, neither has the cache of any number of properties in Scottsdale, or of the Hilton resort properties. If all you want is a room with quick access to the highway, either should be fine. If you would like to be adjacent to a decent shopping mall with theaters, choose the 4 Points.

I live in the area of the hotels; if I can give you more info regarding what's nearby, drop me a note.

JP
Old Feb 14, 2003, 5:46 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
The Crescent is a great hotel, and I would highly recommend it but I do not know the 4 Points. The Crescent is a classic property, not the the capital C sense, but in the late 60's sense. Very well maintained and great rooms. You cannot go wrong there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.