Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US/APLA FIRST STAY BONUS +1,500

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2003, 7:39 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood Plt, Hilton Gold (got it free) AC Elite, Fairmont Plt, Priority Club Plt

Hi:

This posted to my account today. This was not my first stay this year at this property. The location was in Canada.

Pleased for the points, any one know what they are for?

Regards

[This message has been edited by dmgt (edited 02-08-2003).]

[This message has been edited by dmgt (edited 02-08-2003).]
Old Feb 8, 2003, 9:01 am
formerly known as CARTflagman

I received this bonus also, and it was not my first stay of the year or first stay at that property (Four Points). I have another stay there this coming week, but after that, I've booked Quality Hotel for the next 10 weeks in a row to take advantage of the Southwest triple points offer. I'll cancel those if this bonus is continuing.

Here is the "take" on my last stay:

$63 rate
Upgraded to a corner suite
Free buffet breakfast
Fruit and Cheese plate in the room w/water
Snack basket in the room w/water
250 Platinum imenity (I've seen the movies)
Double points for the stay promotion
US/APLA Bonus +1500 points

Outcome is over 2000 Starpoints, good enough to stay at the same property for free on a weekend. This is why I stick with Starwood, even when there isn't a national promotion going on, they still manage to give something extra.

CF
Old Feb 8, 2003, 9:12 am

I got the same bonus this morning

I was at the Westin Stamford, 2/2 - 2/6.

Upgrade to a club room...i used amex as well and not spg amex...

[This message has been edited by talltravel (edited 02-09-2003).]
Old Feb 8, 2003, 1:30 pm
formerly known as CARTflagman

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say it has something to do with using an Amex card. I used mine for the stay in which I received the bonus.

CF
Old Feb 8, 2003, 4:10 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood Plt, Hilton Gold (got it free) AC Elite, Fairmont Plt, Priority Club Plt
Used my Amex; however not a Starwood 1.
Called SPG, they first told me it was for the Conde Naste. Told them it was not a Conde Naste property. They then told me it was for triple play. I advised them that promo was over. Next I was told it was for a promotion that I was not selected for. Told them I already had the points.

Final answer, the person advised he had no idea and the rest of what he told me was a guess!

Oh well, I will just enjoy the points and hope for more.
Old Feb 8, 2003, 6:37 pm

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
Just called to get a stay that hadn't posted to my account taken care of. PC said that the minute she put in the stay, I got a 1500 point bonus.

What is strange is that 3 days later I had a stay that had posted that would have shown in the system as my first stay for the year and no bonus posted there...

1500 points..godda love SPG and the PC desk...consistently the most SERVICE-oriented elite desk out there...well AA EXP can knock your socks off too, sometimes!
Old Feb 10, 2003, 12:38 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/006338.html

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.