Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Westin Club Privileges (as of 1 March 2019)

Guests of the Westin Club at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok are able to enjoy a range of exclusive privileges, including:
  • Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06:30 to 23:30 hrs..- Breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00 hrs.
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 to 16:00 hrs.
  • Evening Cocktails from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic refreshments, served in the lounge
  • Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (non-cumulative). Not including dry cleaning and express service.
  • Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
  • Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
  • Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers)
  • Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability
  • Access to lounge for member plus one guest. This benefit only applies to the one guest room in which the Platinum Elite / Platinum Premier Elite member is staying.
Print Wikipost

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 10:55 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by cln
Great, I made a reservation again and noticed that they are running a pool party again on this weekend. The noise can be annoying but what is even worse is the water quality the next day... Last time there were still cups floating around the next day and the water not clear at all...

i booked three suites for myself and family but going to cancel now because we also planned to hang out at the pool with the kids.

anyone else a big fan of their pool parties?
The pool parties are the last Saturday of the month.
They are good for hotel management to show off their extra revenue and to get locals in for future F&B traffic.

They are terrible for guests. I won't stay at a hotel during one anymore for a few reasons.

#1 The pool is closed
#2 The cellular phone service gets clogged, virtually unusable
#3 Noise

Until a few months ago, I was in a BKK hotel almost every Saturday over the last 2 years. Sometimes, working most of the night in my room. CHANGING HOTELS WAS ALWAYS THE RIGHT MOVE (which I didn't always do).
Old May 4, 2017, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
They have them once a month at this point. In the evening they lower the volume so as not to run into trouble with the neighbors. The 4P has had to stop having pool parties due to complaints.
The Four Points parties were LOUD!
I could hear them thump, thumping from my room in the Westin!
Old May 4, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
Although I will be going to Vietnam for Friday eve, I can assure you the lounge on 24 is tranquil and calm with wonderful staff who ensure everything is in order....

Back on Saturday eve....
Old May 4, 2017, 11:49 am

Once. last year there was a "Drifting" party at the hotel.

It was in the top parking floor and looked really cool. They brought in hot drift cars, a bunch of portable air conditioners, a DJ and a bunch of hiso looking people in and out.

One of the managers latched onto me when I couldn't find the hotel entrance after parking and made sure I made it to check-in without a problem. Top Notch! (and she didn't know my feelings about pool parties) Great service. I love this hotel.

AND THE POOL WAS OPEN. MY ROOM WAS QUIET.

It was a win-win situation.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
After a couple of Tanqueray martinis in the 7th floor bar during lounge time I was told martinis are not allowed in the future. I could have Tanqueray and tonic though.

So tomorrow I will order (per drink) two gin and tonics, tonic on the side, and a skewer with olives. This will satisfy the odd bar requirement, allow me to make my own martini, limit the amount of water intrusion and absolve staff of any responsibility for this silly restriction.

I will also tip myself for the fantastic martini that will result.
Fizzer likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
The lounge still has the best selection of cheeses of al the Starwood & Marriott lounges in Bangkok. Unfortunately, it remains one of the most awkward.

One point: leaving the TV remote available to guests, allows some self centered and unconsiderate people to grab it and to change channels and increase the volume as they please, without minding if other people were watching the program or prefer to relax with the ambience music than listening to some news show.

Last edited by UASPG; Jul 28, 2017 at 3:13 am
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:17 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by UASPG
The lounge still has the best selection of cheeses of al the Starwood & Marriott lounges in Bangkok. Unfortunately, it remains one of the most awkward.
How so?

One point: leaving the TV remote available to guests, allows some self centered and unconsiderate people to grab it and to change channels and increase the volume as they please, without minding if other people were watching the program or prefer to relax with the ambience music than listening to some news show.
I rarely sit in that room. The other rooms were full?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
How so?

Three tight spaces - does not feel like a lounge. The good side is that the staff sees easily when you need something.

I rarely sit in that room. The other rooms were full?
Did not check. Probably. I selected that room as there was only one person in it, when I arrived.

Last edited by yosithezet; Jul 31, 2017 at 9:26 pm Reason: fixed markup
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:09 am

I believe that there is a new GM, that came from far away.

Apparently, Peter Lucas from Four Points (the hotel around the corner) is now the General Manager at the Westin Grande Sukhumvit.

There is also an improved amenity for Platinum guests, at the hotel: 2 pieces of laundry per day instead of the one-time pressing only, that was offered before.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe that there is a new GM, that came from far away.

Apparently, Peter Lucas from Four Points (the hotel around the corner) is now the General Manager at the Westin Grande Sukhumvit.

There is also an improved amenity for Platinum guests, at the hotel: 2 pieces of laundry per day instead of the one-time pressing only, that was offered before.
We encountered the laundry allowance about a month ago but didn't have a need for it at the time. Upon inquiry I was told it was 2 pieces per room, not 2 per guest akin to PA's policy.... Just in case anyone wondered.

Peter Lucas was, IIRC, at the Park Plaze Soi 18 prior to his 4PT position. He seems to like the Asok environs.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:00 am
Company Representative, Westin Grande Sukhumvit & Sheraton Hua Hin

Programs: Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG)
New Westin Club Benefits at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit

We have just updated our Westin Club Benefits and added complimentary laundry of two garments per day. Full privileges below:

• Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06.00 to 23.00 hrs.
• Personalized reception and cashiering facilities from 06.00 to 23.00 hrs.
• Westin Club breakfast (Monday to Friday from 06.00 to 10.30 hrs., Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday from 06.00 to 11.00 hrs.)
• All day complimentary tea, coffee, non-alcoholic refreshments and snacks, served in the lounge
• Westin Club evening cocktails and canapes from 17.30 to 19.30 hrs.
• Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 19:30 hrs.
• Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (no accumulation)
• Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
• Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
• Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers).
• Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability

Any questions are welcome.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
That is good to hear on washing clothes... actually a reason I stayed at SGS or PA when I was travelling around Thailand for a month.

1) Do you have fresh squeezed juice now in club lounge like the other two above mentioned properties? This was a big thing for us since none of us drink alcohol.

2) Do you allow buffet breakfast still for plats in main restaurant or do we have to be in club lounge now?

Thanks
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
• Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day
Is it per person ?(2pax = 4pieces) as Sheraton grande?

My experience at fourpoints sukhumvit is not good
only 1 stay 1 night from all stay at fourpoints the i had upgrade to junior suite
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Upon inquiry I was told it was 2 pieces per room, not 2 per guest akin to PA's policy.... Just in case anyone wondered.
Originally Posted by nongsom
• Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day
Is it per person ?(2pax = 4pieces) as Sheraton grande?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:03 am
Company Representative, Westin Grande Sukhumvit & Sheraton Hua Hin

Programs: Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG)
Originally Posted by SHLTP
That is good to hear on washing clothes... actually a reason I stayed at SGS or PA when I was travelling around Thailand for a month.

1) Do you have fresh squeezed juice now in club lounge like the other two above mentioned properties? This was a big thing for us since none of us drink alcohol.

2) Do you allow buffet breakfast still for plats in main restaurant or do we have to be in club lounge now?

Thanks
1) We have freshly squeezed juice for breakfast only (1 healthy juice and 1 smoothie)
2) Platinum member can choose their preferred location for breakfast: either Seasonal Tastes Restaurant or Westin Club Lounge. Up to you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.