Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Announcing SPG Member Exclusive Rates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dannybhoy
I've encountered the same problem too. I've got a one night stay at Sheraton Waikiki in December at the Member Exclusive Rate but even though the system gives me the option to use an SNA, when the SNA is submitted I get the box saying that the SNA cannot be applied for various reasons none of which I think applies.

Guess that I have to apply through Plat Concierge?
Yes, call, and good luck. When you call, you cannot see the potential suite (and upgraded room) types that you can check as what you want for the SNA. You also cannot verify that the Plat Concierge has checked those room types and only the room types that you have specified.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OK, so I tired this new rate plan for a room this weekend, Friday and Saturday. In the following, all exact numbers have been altered to protect my privacy, but I do want to show the details to suggest what to watch on this new rate plan.

First of all, I had been holding a fully refundable reservation at a AAA or similar rate that was considerably cheaper than the regular BAR on offer and similar to what the hotel had previously offered as their best "regular" nonrefundable rate. Let's call it $250 per night (plus tax). I noticed that the new rates were slightly better over the weekend, say $240 per night. After debating with myself regarding whether I wanted to switch to a nonrefundable rate to save a small amount of money, on Monday I switched to the SPG Member Exclusive Rate of $240 per night (plus tax, of course). Today, I was looking to see what upgrades looked available and noticed that the SPG Member Exclusive Rate for the two-night weekend stay had dropped to $225 per night. However, I also noticed that Friday was available for $210 while Saturday (as a one night stay) was $225.

So I could have saved more money(or not) by waiting to switch to the nonrefundable rate. These rates seem to fluctuate a lot, based on my single data point. They also can vary by the night, even if they're available for all nights, and one should not assume that the rate offered for a multiple night stay will be the average of the individual nights.

Enjoy!
Update: This morning the rate is $210 for both nights, but $225 for either of the nights booked separately.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
So is this officially the 'stop it with the BRG claims' rate?
or proven negative already?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's a lot of work to check all contiguous partitions of the stay before making a multiple night reservation.
Actually, it only took a few minutes, and ended up being well worth it. Email to the Reservations Manager with the confirmation numbers and they are being combined into one stay/rezzie with different rates on different nights to ensure that I won't have to switch rooms. (Although I expect that the rezzies will stay separate in the SPG system, and the combining is only internally for the hotel.)

OTOH it was only four nights. A two week stay would increase the amount of time required for this type of exercise exponentially, of course.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 8:15 am

If they're not correctly combined, you could lose out on the current Starpoints promo......and IME getting them combined by either SPG or the hotel is a time-wasting exercise in frustration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.