SPG Ambassador worth it?

Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Little/Big surprises here and there...

Oh i love this program so much! My Ambassador never disappoints and as I've mentioned before, LUVS to give surprises on every...single...trip!

This month at the W Mexico city, me and my new lover were treated with a nice upgrade to duplex suite, chocolates, champagne, and even dessert at an off site restaurant! (Ok the last one came from the hotel). But she and the program makes me super happy for about half decade now

Nice upgrade to Duplex Suite at W Mexico City thanks to my Ambassador.. Geez cant remember the last time i was in a Standard room!

dessert paid by the W Mexico city at an off site non-spg restaurant! (Well that is what the server said when i told them i didnt order it)

As always...Free champagne from my Ambassador at least once a month. This month at the W mexico city. Bless her heart!
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bknets88
Gonna probably end up with 90 nights this year. Still undecided if I should go for 100. If anyone has any insight please let me know
i had an ambassador for 6 years & have now been without one for the last 6 months & quite honestly i don't miss having one....the first ambassador i had in 2011 & 2012 was amazing....i would have gladly stayed 100+ nights just to retain her services....but the other 4-5 ambassadors i had from 2013 - 2018 were hit & miss at best....

i've stayed 65 nights with spg & another 80 with marriott so far this year....the bulk of my travel is usually in the first half of the year so my remaining travel till the end of this year won't get me more than another 30-40 nights....my average night rate is usually around the $100 a night mark so its unlikely that i'll get to the $20k spend threshold required to get ambassador service....i could push to get to 100 nights at spg properties but that would require staying at properties that are not convenient for me so i'm probably not going to do it....

my suggestion would be to not go out of your way to get another 10 nights....if it happens then that's great....if not then you aren't losing out on much....
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Btw for this year you do not need 20k spend to get ambassador. Also Marriott and SPG nights count once they merge so you are already there.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Btw for this year you do not need 20k spend to get ambassador. Also Marriott and SPG nights count once they merge so you are already there.
Yah? I thought all 100 night should be at SPG properties to have AMB status without meeting the 20K spend for this year.

Source?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by supatight80
Yah? I thought all 100 night should be at SPG properties to have AMB status without meeting the 20K spend for this year.

Source?
You are correct, 100 nights at SPG or 100 combined nights at SPG&Marriott + 20k$.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
yes you do....either the 100 nights should be at spg properties or you need $20k spend if you combine spg & marriott nights....
frenchft likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Not at all, confirmed by platinum concierge : to be spg 100 this year you have to stay by SPG properties only this year.
If you reach spg 100 with mix and spg this year you have to spend the 20K
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
All the blogs discussing this just said SPG members can qualify the old way. They never mentioned that you need to have all your nights by SPG but I guess that's what they meant when they said SPG members
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Here the official answer received by SPG platinum liaison :

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding One Program, beginning this August. I trust your day is going well and it is a pleasure to hear from you.

Members who achieve 100+ eligible nights plus $20,000 in eligible spending between both programs in 2018 will receive the Platinum Premier Elite status with Ambassador service. Members who stay 100+ eligible nights with SPG in 2018, will also have the Platinum Premier Elite status with Ambassador service honoured.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All the blogs discussing this just said SPG members can qualify the old way. They never mentioned that you need to have all your nights by SPG but I guess that's what they meant when they said SPG members
i believe the lurkers clarified this on the 26th of April in the thread below....its in the wiki under question a9....

Official announcement See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.