FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Platinum Challenge, BRG, Multiple Rooms (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1718346-platinum-challenge-brg-multiple-rooms.html)

crimson12 Oct 20, 2015 3:34 pm

Platinum Challenge, BRG, Multiple Rooms

Hi, I have a few related questions and not sure exactly where to post them.

I am on a platinum challenge. I know in the usual course you can get credit for 3 rooms/night toward elite status. Is that true on a challenge also? In my case I am traveling with family and would book 3 or 4 rooms a night (I realize I might only get credit for 3).

Second, do BRG-ed nights count toward the challenge (and status generally)?

Thanks in advance!

Tommys888 Oct 20, 2015 5:01 pm

not sure about the first question, but as related to your 2nd question, yes - the BRG-ed nights earn you starpoints thus those nights will be considered eligible towards elite status

travelswithmyself Oct 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12 (Post 25592653)
I am on a platinum challenge. I know in the usual course you can get credit for 3 rooms/night toward elite status. Is that true on a challenge also? In my case I am traveling with family and would book 3 or 4 rooms a night (I realize I might only get credit for 3).

1. Yes you can use your 3 rooms/night for the challenge
2. Yes BRG rates can be used for the challenge

I realise that some have said that the 3 rooms/night do not apply for a challenge but I was with a friend who did exactly that several months ago.

fairchecker Oct 20, 2015 7:27 pm

I can also confirm that up to 3 rooms count for the challenge, as I have successfully done the challenge last month (3rooms x 5nights + 1 room x 3nights, two different stays).

BR FC

Moindardt Oct 21, 2015 6:26 am

Did mine a few months ago with 2 rooms and BRG. No Problems whatsoever.

thehustla Oct 21, 2015 7:13 am

I have a question about something similar.

Can I book 3 rooms at one hotel, and 3 rooms at another hotel on the same day to receive credit for 6 eligible stays?

These will be points stays.

lcpteck Oct 21, 2015 7:22 am

Originally Posted by thehustla (Post 25595254)
I have a question about something similar.

Can I book 3 rooms at one hotel, and 3 rooms at another hotel on the same day to receive credit for 6 eligible stays?

These will be points stays.

No you can't, it doesn't work that way.

thehustla Oct 21, 2015 7:25 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 25595291)
No you can't, it doesn't work that way.

So I can only do up to 3 eligible stays a day no matter what?

lcpteck Oct 21, 2015 7:26 am

Originally Posted by thehustla (Post 25595303)
So I can only do up to 3 eligible stays a day no matter what?

That is correct.

thehustla Oct 21, 2015 7:28 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 25595313)
That is correct.

Weird. I thought it was per facility.. Didn't see anything in the terms which says otherwise.

:(

RogerD408 Oct 21, 2015 7:34 am

Thanks in advance!

I suggest closely reading the terms sent for the challenge. I recall reading the challenge nights are member rooms only and do not include multiple rooms. Now that doesn't mean you won't get credit if the property does not post the stay properly. Should they do it wrong and later determine an error was made, your status could be changed.

So read the terms and if they state "member's room", then you should only get credit for one room per night. Good luck.

travelswithmyself Oct 21, 2015 8:54 am

Originally Posted by thehustla (Post 25595321)
Weird. I thought it was per facility.. Didn't see anything in the terms which says otherwise.

:(

What it means is that you can get a max of 3 nights/stays at ONE hotel. The corollary to that is that you can only physically "stay" at ONE hotel a day so therefore you can only earn a max of 3 nights/stays a day.

Of course there are exceptions and YMMV situations.

Something for the Earning Credit for Multiple Rooms thread

RogerD408 Oct 21, 2015 9:00 am

Thanks in advance!

Also, instead of leaving the 4th room unclaimed, why not book that under your SO's account (or someone else on the trip) so at least the points get credited somewhere and can be used later. There are no bed checks to make sure everyone is in the room assigned. :)