FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Westin Cancun Resort Timeshare deal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1717707-westin-cancun-resort-timeshare-deal.html)

Deltahater Oct 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Westin Cancun Resort Timeshare deal

I got the promotional offer of 5/4 for $299 at the Cancun property for what I expect to be a timeshare presentation even though the flyer says nothing about it.
Without getting into the timeshare debate, has anybody taken them up on the offer and NOT staid the full 5 days, but left after say 3 days? I am thinking of using this for a quick weekend getaway.

Oformula Oct 18, 2015 2:15 am

[Removed]

Deltahater Oct 18, 2015 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Oformula (Post 25580712)
I have not failed to fulfill the conditions of the offer. However, my family does own a timeshare at the Westin Lagunamar that we use each year.

I am not following your post. What are you saying?

mahasamatman Oct 18, 2015 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 25582437)
What are you saying?

It appears to be unrelated to your initial post.

Often1 Oct 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Just make sure that you read the t&c of the offer. The whole purpose is to pressure you morning, noon and night. If the T&C permit them to charge you the rack rate if you leave early, you can expect that to be the case. This isn't a customer service oriented business once they figure out that you aren't a customer.

Deltahater Oct 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 25583027)
Just make sure that you read the t&c of the offer. The whole purpose is to pressure you morning, noon and night. If the T&C permit them to charge you the rack rate if you leave early, you can expect that to be the case. This isn't a customer service oriented business once they figure out that you aren't a customer.

thanks ^

joeypore Oct 18, 2015 9:18 pm

They also state that none of your elite benefits apply during your stay...

As soon as I read that, it went in the shredder. :D

littlemookie Oct 19, 2015 8:54 am

I took advantage of this timeshare offer but stayed the full 4 nights. If you search FT you will find multiple threads on this offer, so your post may get merged into one of those by the mod.

I personally wouldn't take the chance by leaving a day early, but if you actually do the timeshare presentation before you leave and don't actually check-out early (i.e. just leave and let them book your card on file for charges) then you should be fine.

Btw, the timeshare presentation is optional, but is strongly recommended by the hotel staff. It's only an hour of time and there really isn't a strong sell. Well worth it for the points they offer.

Often1 Oct 19, 2015 10:47 am

If it's optional, skip it. There are better congealed scrambled eggs to be had elsewhere.

trubador Oct 19, 2015 12:44 pm

so this wasn't at the same resort, but I did a 5 night timeshare stay. We hated the resort so much, we moved the presentation up and checked out immediately after. I believe we stayed two of the five nights.