Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood-->Qantas-->BA Concorde?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2002, 12:13 am

Maybe MIA and MCO are co-terminals? Although, I can't imagine this could be so! Given that distance, almost all the airports in FL would be co-terminals!!
Old Oct 27, 2002, 5:42 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Skymiles Gold, Staralliance Gold
I don't know how or why they consider them to be "more or less" the same location. Maybe it's just because the distance is not much and many people go driving from one location to the other, but that's was I was told, and we didn't have any problem at all with our "return" flights using both airports. Anyway, it probably depends on the airline you are travelling with.
Old Oct 27, 2002, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Could well be common rated. This is the case with many cities in Germany from NAmerica: i.e. Berlin and Dusseldorff will cost the same as FRA. But more to the point is noshowing on the MIA-MCO leg can cancel the balance of your reservation, so the ticket might be honored ex-MCO, but only if you confirm you will still be using the space. [Technically, tickets coupons must be used in the order in which they are printed, but they may just pull your MIA-MCO coupon when you check in at MCO to ensure you don't use it at some future date.]
Old Oct 28, 2002, 4:05 am

OK - got the info from Qantas agreeing with everyone's point here about not missing a segment.

Apparently, as long as that segment is officially cancelled with Qantas pre-boarding, everything is OK. I've requested that the conversation to this end was put into the notes on the booking just in case...

Thanks for the heads-up.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:56 am

Just thought I'd bring this back as a reminder of the great times had by so many courtesy of InsideFlyer and the SPG points days!
Old Sep 6, 2008, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Too bad the Starwood to Qantas conversion ended a few weeks ago.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 8:39 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Too bad the Starwood to Qantas conversion ended a few weeks ago.
Yes, but for the last several years it was a 1:1 conversion. This thread (started by yours truly) is a good example of the good ole days when it was 1:2. Not only was that great for the Concorde award, but also for any OneWorld first class trip on British Air, Cathay, Qantas, etc. Sighhhh......
Old Sep 6, 2008, 11:05 am
Community Director Emerita

This thread is a great trip down memory lane - or a reminder to pay more attention to creative thinking for those of us around then who passed on it. It's fun to see it brought back to life by the last poster in 2002, and then for the thread originator to pop up as well. We've got some longevity as FTers!

Since it is a dead deal, I'm going ahead and locking the thread.

SanDiego1K
Starwood Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.