Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Cologne/CGN/Koln, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Cologne/CGN/Koln, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2010, 3:42 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
1000 or 1002 both with nice view...

breakfast ( stay with points... ) roundabout 20 € per person!
My first stay here, as I am currently piling up a few stays at 4PTS . Upgraded to room 1000 on a EUR 85 rate, that does not include breakfast. I can't say I am disappointed, as the room is really spacious, although it does not have the jacuzzi with television I had in Milan a few weeks ago. ^

Off to Dusseldorf tomorrow ...
Old Nov 16, 2010, 2:21 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Thumbs down My worst stay in 2010

7 Thumbs down!!

1. Had to wait 15 minutes for check-in

2. They did not even know that I was coming, nothing was prepared --> again 10 minutes of waiting

3. Had to ask for the Platinum Welcome Amenity. I'll bet the points will not be posted.

4. NO parking available --> "Sorry parkingplace is full!" On the next morning there was a parking-fee on my bill.

5. Free-Internet wasn't offered at Check-In. Had to go back down for getting the wlan-code.

6. Fintess Room wasn't acitvated on my keycard --> 3rd time going to the front desk.

7. TV was not working --> front desk: Sorry we can't do anything about that till tomorrow.

This was my worst stay in 2010 (and I had 61 stay's at SPG this year!) There are many hotels in this area. Take another one --> it can't be worse! (or pay the 50€ extra for the LeMeridien. I'll take the Marriot round the corner next time.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Had you read this thread you would have had no reason to complain . We all know, this place is a dump and a disgrace for the Starwood brand.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 7:08 pm

Leaving Starwood on November 1, 2011

Four Points by Sheraton Central Köln
Leaving Starwood on November 1, 2011
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Was hesitantly going to stay here a second time in August because I found a good rate, but with the news they are leaving SPG, I figured I was in for an even worse time than before so I cancelled the reservation. Will find somewhere else to stay.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
It certainly depends on the rate you pay and upgrade you receive.

A top floor suite overlooking the Dom for Euro 55 compares favourably to anything SPG can offer in Germany, Europe, probably the World

A single bedded room during a fair for Euro 300 makes the 4 Points on South Beach look like the Grosvenor House

Hopefully, the expansion of the Le Meridien will result in some more suites being available for Platinum members...
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I happend to land on the hotels page yesterday and I noticed that there are pics of some renovated rooms showing up. Wouldn't you know it.....when they decide to renovate they leave SPG.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 1:24 pm

now Best Western Grand City Hotel Köln

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...ertyCode=95438

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.