Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Promo : SPG Stay for More, Oct 1st – Dec 20th 2015

Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
SPG Stay for More, Oct 1st – Dec 20th 2015

With SPG Stay for More, members can earn double Starpoints® on eligible stays of two or more nights — plus 500 bonus Starpoints when eligible stays include three or more nights. For example, if your stay is two nights you will receive double Starpoints. If your stay is four nights you will receive double Starpoints plus 500 bonus Starpoints for that stay.

Registration is from September 23 through December 6, 2015, and earning is from October 1 through December 20, 2015. There is no limit to the number of bonus Starpoints that Members can earn.

Promotion homepage and registration :
https://www.spgpromos.com/stayformore/

List of hotels not participating in this promotion :
https://www.spgpromos.com/stayformore/?action=terms.nonparticipating&language=en_US&IM=Q 42015StayForMore_DEF

Promotion Terms & Conditions :
https://www.spgpromos.com/stayformore/?action=terms&language=en_US&IM=Q42015StayForMore_ DEF

Promotion FAQs :
https://www.spgpromos.com/stayformore/?action=terms.faq&language=en_US&IM=Q42015StayForM ore_DEF
Print Wikipost

Promo : SPG Stay for More, Oct 1st – Dec 20th 2015

Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ODell148
Does this stack with the Birth Year promo (NBR)? Looking for a four night stay in Chicago in November!
Birth year rates are only for the second night or second and third in some properties. You might save money by booking it on two separate reservations as I find I can usually get a better regular refundable rate than the special rate code for the birth year promo.

Note also that it's not clear from the website or IME from the written confirmation whether the hotel will honor the birth year rate for the third rate or not. You can try to ask the hotel to confirm this in writing if it matters for how you book your stay.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Birth year rates are only for the second night or second and third in some properties. You might save money by booking it on two separate reservations as I find I can usually get a better regular refundable rate than the special rate code for the birth year promo.

Note also that it's not clear from the website or IME from the written confirmation whether the hotel will honor the birth year rate for the third rate or not. You can try to ask the hotel to confirm this in writing if it matters for how you book your stay.
Oh, I thought it was for the duration of the stay. Good to know that I may have to book two separate SPG locations. Now I am wondering if this promo for the points is better than the birth year promo or vice versa?!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL 360, Marriott Ambassador, AA Plat
Looks pretty good actually. But the devil is in the details i.e. the non-participating list. Hopefully that list will be small and include hotels I don't plan on staying in

Thanks for the heads up, Lurkers!

Now if I could just use the SPG Amex instead of the corporate Amex. Sigh! #CantHaveItAll
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Astronomer
But the devil is in the details i.e. the non-participating list.
We'll know in a couple of hours...
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ODell148
Oh, I thought it was for the duration of the stay. Good to know that I may have to book two separate SPG locations. Now I am wondering if this promo for the points is better than the birth year promo or vice versa?!
You might not have to hotel hop versus making two separate back to back reservations at the same hotel. Read the T&C carefully. Compare the total cost of booking the best regular rate to which you are entitled versus taking the birthday promo and probably paying somewhat more for the first night in exchange for a cheap rate on the second night, depending on your age.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:18 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by ariyo15
Thanks for the info - looks great. Quick question though: if I have a stay that checks in on 12/20 and out on 12/24, would I qualify for this promo? Alternatively, what about a stay that begins on 12/18 and ends on 12/22?

Thanks in advance for the help!
What happens if you have a 14 night stay. Does this mean I would only get the bonus for the first 4 nights? We tend to have long (paid cash) stays and we always seem to lose out as rates in resorts we stay are always 500 U.S. Per night minimum. Wish they would do bonus on spend rather than stays/nights
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: SPG - P; OW - EP
Originally Posted by fdemoulin
What happens if you have a 14 night stay. Does this mean I would only get the bonus for the first 4 nights? We tend to have long (paid cash) stays and we always seem to lose out as rates in resorts we stay are always 500 U.S. Per night minimum. Wish they would do bonus on spend rather than stays/nights
Is the link alive?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by huanggy
Is the link alive?
It is
https://www.spgpromos.com/stayformore/
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by ariyo15
Thanks for the info - looks great. Quick question though: if I have a stay that checks in on 12/20 and out on 12/24, would I qualify for this promo? Alternatively, what about a stay that begins on 12/18 and ends on 12/22?

Thanks in advance for the help!
12/02 in, 12/24 out -- no -- 1 night in the promo period. 12/18 to 12/22 -- yes, two nights in the promo period.
Per newly published FAQs:
If I check in before October 1, 2015, or check out after December 20, 2015, but some of my stay is in the promotion period, does my stay earn the bonus?

Yes. As long as two nights of the stay are within the promotion period, bonus Starpoints will be earned on every night during the entire stay (even if part of the stay falls outside the promotion period).
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: DL 360, Marriott Ambassador, AA Plat
Non Participating List:

https://www.spgpromos.com/stayformor...tayForMore_DEF

Looks like a few of my NY stays are affected. Not sure if I am going to move from W Union Square to the Parker Meridian for this.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Astronomer
Non Participating List:

https://www.spgpromos.com/stayformor...tayForMore_DEF

Looks like a few of my NY stays are affected. Not sure if I am going to move from W Union Square to the Parker Meridian for this.
Yeesh. All of my usual NYC hotels are nonparticipating...
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by gooselee
Yeesh. All of my usual NYC hotels are nonparticipating...
That sucks... why would some hotels not participate? Because they already have enough business?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Time (not) to go to Germany.
Hotels not participating:

GERMANY
Aloft Stuttgart
Element Frankfurt Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Munich Central
Four Points by Sheraton Munich Olympiapark
Le Méridien Grand Hotel Nuremberg
Le Méridien Hamburg
Le Méridien Munich
Le Méridien Parkhotel Frankfurt
Le Méridien Stuttgart
Sheraton Essen Hotel
Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel
Sheraton Hanover Pelikan Hotel
Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel
Sheraton Offenbach Hotel
The Westin Bellevue, Dresden
The Westin Grand Frankfurt
The Westin Leipzig
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
List of excluded properties in NYC is disappointing will be skipping starwood for those trips.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: HHonor Diamond, SPG Plat100, HGP Plat, AF Plat, *A G (A3)
Originally Posted by Andie007
Time (not) to go to Germany.
Opt-out list seems reasonable unless, of course, you happen to hit the two dark pool - Germany or NYC...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.