Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Molton Brown at Westin?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2001, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

RollingStone, which hotel were you at? Did they indicate whether this policy was local or system-wide?
Old Oct 30, 2001, 7:02 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HLT Honors, DL PLT but missing NWA terribly.
jja34-1 The front desk manager here in Ft. Lauderdale is going to think I have way too much time on my hands.

After reading you question I dutifully went back downstairs and spoke to the evening manager. She told me that it is supposed to be system wide that MB goes into suites, premium rooms and SPG rooms. The new Heavenly Bath amenities are replacing the old Westin amenities. She did say that the hotel was in the process of putting in the new HB amenities, but had to use up old stock first.

I also asked about the Garden Bontanika someone else mentioned. She told me that they phased that out over two years ago, but the hotel had a small supply of shampoo and conditioner hidden away for those guests who still ask for it.

And today I came back into my room and saw that they had installed the double headed Heavenly Shower while I was gone. The curved rod and curtain were already there. I also got a new bath sheet that says Heavenly Shower and a new robe. Can't wait until later to try it.

[This message has been edited by Rolling Stone (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old Oct 30, 2001, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

RollingStone, you're not crazy...just a dedicated FlyerTalker! Thanks for the info.
Old Nov 6, 2001, 12:03 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
My recent stay agrees with the above. MB is in Suites and SPG floors; other rooms have Heavenly Bath. I liked the Heavenly Shower and curtain - must get a curtain like that in my next bath.
Old Nov 6, 2001, 5:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
For those of you who really crave it. . .

http://www.toiletries-online.com/toi.../moltobath.htm

(I have no affiliation with this website at all BTW - just trying to help out).
Old Nov 6, 2001, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

or www.moltonbrown.com

Old Nov 9, 2001, 8:31 am

I stayed on the SPG floor at the Philadelphia Westin this week, and they had no MB stuff, just the new Heavenly Bath.
Old Nov 9, 2001, 11:21 pm

Last weekend, the Westin Park Central Dallas also had no MB on the SPG floor, but the Heavenly Bath stuff instead.

[This message has been edited by davohuang (edited 11-10-2001).]
Old Mar 11, 2002, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
I just had to bring this to light again. The "Heavenly Bath" products are very disappointing for an "upper upscale" property. The "Hydrating Cream" smells like a Home Depot, the shampoo like oven cleaner, the "Cleansing Wash" like toothpaste, and the conditioner like... well... nothing comes to mind.

Westin... PLEASE replace this stuff.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 9:31 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by schriste:
I just had to bring this to light again. The "Heavenly Bath" products are very disappointing for an "upper upscale" property. The "Hydrating Cream" smells like a Home Depot, the shampoo like oven cleaner, the "Cleansing Wash" like toothpaste, and the conditioner like... well... nothing comes to mind.

Westin... PLEASE replace this stuff.
</font>
LOL! While I don't find the new Heavenly Bath products particularly offensive, they are rather strange smelling. I could only think that they were going for some sort of herbal scent.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 9:43 pm

Location: The First State, USA - Bonvoy Gold, Honors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Gold - FWIW
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dw:
LOL! While I don't find the new Heavenly Bath products particularly offensive, they are rather strange smelling. I could only think that they were going for some sort of herbal scent.</font>
I think it's lavender.

BTW, does any one else think the soap resembles a block of feta cheese?

[This message has been edited by Arrzee (edited 03-11-2002).]
Old Mar 11, 2002, 10:38 pm

I'd have to agree that the the HB products do have a "curious" scent (to be generous). Had my first experience with them at the Westin Philly a couple of weeks ago and could only think of less than complementary ways to describe them. Dirt was the closest I came to hitting the nail on the head. Night two we got moved to a suite - MB all around! What an improvement. Why has Westin picked such a non-aromatic brand? Loved the shower curtain and shower heads Robe and towels were great too!
Old Mar 12, 2002, 4:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
Another big thumbs down for the HB. The GB and MB are all much better. Why not just use the Aveda stuff from the Ws?

The Westin Waltham still has MB in their junior suites on the SPG floor.

[This message has been edited by rocky (edited 03-12-2002).]
Old Mar 12, 2002, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Arrzee:

BTW, does any one else think the soap resembles a block of feta cheese?
</font>
Yes, with sharp pointy corners
Old Mar 13, 2002, 9:44 am

The Westin SFO had a full complement of MB products when I stayed there Monday night. Yippee!

Now don't all stampede to SFO at once...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.