Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grand Arabellapark, Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Grand Arabellapark, Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by kingkong123
The lounge has moved to the ZEN Restaurant, there is a small room seperated.
The Sauna in the SPA was refurbished and is now open.
Then it is at the old cigar lounge...
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Zeeb
Did they have a timeline on when the full lounge will be open again?
No, not at the moment...
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:37 am

As far as I have heared today the lounge will not return to the roof top. And the director is also gone...
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:19 am

Nearly the hole ZEN is used as lounge. Also the old tabbacco lounge. The buffet area is used for drinks, salads, bread, fruit, sweets etc. There is also a coffee maschine. In the evening the show cooking kitchen is used for the hot dishes.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:15 pm

Updates on how this compares to the Sheraton?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by joetro
Updates on how this compares to the Sheraton?
In which way and which Sheraton? Arabellapark or Westpark?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:17 pm

Arabella - the one closest to Westin. General niceness, lavishness, cleanliness, services, etc. Not an elite here.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:56 pm

The lounge is back on the 23rd floor. While when the lounge was on the basement the hot dishes are hot now the hot dishes are sometimes not hot...

Nearly every hot dish last week was with mushrooms. There is no choice. If you want something without mushrooms you have to pay for it...
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:29 am

Any news about the lounge (or upgrade policy in General)? Any improvements since Forstbetrieb's summary?

Do platinums get full breakfast in the restaurant?

Does the SPA / Wellness area have an outdoor area? (I know there is no pool outdoor but maybe some relaxing/sitting area)
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by HansHaeberle
Any news about the lounge (or upgrade policy in General)? Any improvements since Forstbetrieb's summary?

Do platinums get full breakfast in the restaurant?

Does the SPA / Wellness area have an outdoor area? (I know there is no pool outdoor but maybe some relaxing/sitting area)
Staff in the lounge is quite nice but food quality decreased compared to the time before renovation.

I was offered full breakfast in the restaurant in the past. Breakfast is quite good.

There's also an outdoor area in the spa.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Then it is at the old cigar lounge...
I'm booked at the Meridien for late May, but I've been reading such poor reviews of it that I'm thinking of switching here. I'm going to be here 6 days for fun, and originally chose the Le Meridien since I'll be taking the train a couple of times.

But given the reviews, and my preference for Westin's over Meridien's, I'm thinking of switching. Any recent comparisons that aren't in the summer (I was told that the invading hordes running the hallways wouldn't be an issue when I go, in late May).

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:20 pm

Check in today, “ upgrade “ to a higher floor...
All kinds of suites are two hours after check in bookable. No water in the room. Nothing is prepared from the hotel legend, not even the things from the marriott account.
Fish in the lounge was not even warm...

And “ roomnumber? “ is the new greeting in the lounge...

Anoying!!!
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Check in today, “ upgrade “ to a higher floor...
All kinds of suites are two hours after check in bookable. No water in the room. Nothing is prepared from the hotel legend, not even the things from the marriott account.
Fish in the lounge was not even warm...

Anoying!!!
Thanks for the tip, will avoid ^
Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

Anoying!!!
You should have replied: "Yes, I have one."
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:44 pm

Has anyone stayed at the Westin Munich and have any updates since the last post from 2019?

Thanks!

Last edited by michio; Sep 27, 2022 at 4:46 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.