Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Card Art for the US Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express

New Card Art for the US Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express

Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:31 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: SPG

Hello everyone,

We posted in June that the new benefits for the US Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express will go live on August 11th. We’re now just one week away, and want to share some other related news. As part of the launch we are also introducing a brand new card design. Starting today, US Card Members can get a sneak peek by loading their Card to Apple Pay. Apple Pay today is supported on iPhone 6, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3. We look forward to hearing what you think!

To learn more about Apple Pay, click here: https://www.apple.com/apple-pay/
For more information regarding the new Card benefits, click here: spg.com/spgamex
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
So that's where the extra $30/year is going...
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:13 am

New card:

Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:21 am

Dear Lurker- I know you have heard it from many of us but SPG is behind on comparable benefits with Hilton and Marriott. I am now paying hard dollars for Hilton stays just because I have Diamond status. I understand on the flip side it makes your Platinum members a higher value to you and the Plat guest. I routinely spend $x,xxx. usd at Hilton properties on each visit now even though I have millions of spg points. I just had a choice between a St Regis and Waldorf and I could have stayed at St. Regis for free but went with Hilton and paid. You are welcome to query me directly where you obviously can see more from looking at my account how my stays have dramatically changed going from Platinum to Gold. Once again if I was a Platinum Road warrior I would be glad people like me are no longer Platinum but Starwood is a business and I think you are loosing high value customers.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
I like the one we have now better.....
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Looks good, hopefully the card material is high quality. Will see when it arrives in the mail (which apparently it will since I got a notification about a new card being sent).
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Centurion
Dear Lurker- I know you have heard it from many of us but SPG is behind on comparable benefits with Hilton and Marriott. I am now paying hard dollars for Hilton stays just because I have Diamond status. I understand on the flip side it makes your Platinum members a higher value to you and the Plat guest. I routinely spend $x,xxx. usd at Hilton properties on each visit now even though I have millions of spg points. I just had a choice between a St Regis and Waldorf and I could have stayed at St. Regis for free but went with Hilton and paid. You are welcome to query me directly where you obviously can see more from looking at my account how my stays have dramatically changed going from Platinum to Gold. Once again if I was a Platinum Road warrior I would be glad people like me are no longer Platinum but Starwood is a business and I think you are loosing high value customers.
I'm struggling to understand what this has to do with the design of the new SPG AmEx card.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I don't see a chip. Please tell me that the card has a chip.

Update: the picture on the Amex website has the chip. Welcome to the 21st century!

Last edited by EricH; Aug 4, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I like my current card just fine. Do I have to activate the new card?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:39 am

Mistaken dullness for simplicity, mistaken blandness for serenity, urgh, what an ugly card.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I do not want to change!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:23 am

Wish we had the benefits of the U.S. Card in the UK. Literally the only benefits are 1 point per £, gold status after £15,000 spend and a free weekend night at cat 1-4 after spending £25,000.

No double points for spend at SPG properties, no nights towards status and fees on foreign spending. Think it's about time for a UK card relaunch. Can any of the lurkers comment on this?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl

Not a big fan of the new look unless it's a metal card like the CSP which could potentially be pretty cool looking in the purple color. I however doubt AMEX will issue it in metal so it is what it is. Not sure how they design these things because there just isn't much brand identity that shows up in the design IMHO. Anyway...it's a credit card and not a fashion accessory.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: AA, SPG
I'm just glad the stripe is still on the back unlike my Citi Prestige
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:35 am

It looks like the pattern used on the SPG phone app when it first launches.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.