Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Platinum Concierge--What do you use them for?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2002, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

I am continuously impressed by the quality of the people Starwood hires to be Platinum Concierges. They have always gone the extra mile for me, regardless of the request.

What types of things have you asked the Platinum Concierges for?
Old Jan 7, 2002, 9:22 pm
Suspended

I have used my Concierge for many things. In all she has excelled. These have included upgrades, changes, dinner resv, making room at the inn when I need it, and once cancelling a prepaid-nonrefundable resv. I made and could not honor at no cost to me. She is fantastic and although I do a lot of online bookings these days for the bonus, she is always there to help.
Old Jan 8, 2002, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now that I am platinum. How do I get a PC? How do I contact the Platinum desk?

I recall Lurker posting somewhere that new Platinum kits will not be out until sometime in Feb.
Old Jan 8, 2002, 7:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

O.k.- I give in. I want my own personal concierge. It used to not be a big deal, but now that it is hit or miss with SMS, I think I could really use one. Is this by invitation only, like the VIP status, or can you just ask for someone with whom you have dealt and ask for them each time or ask for their e-mail address?

I have used them for reservations, upgrades, special requests for other people, restaurant reccomendations in strange cities, securing restaraunt reservations that are hard to get, etc...
Old Jan 8, 2002, 9:00 am
Suspended

I called the Plat line last year to find out and was rewarded with my fantastic concierge. Once you get one, you will have an email link to them as well as phone. It is one of Starwwods best benifits.

Marc
Old Jan 8, 2002, 11:27 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I agree with all the positive posts above. My Concierge is absolutely terrific, she also does things like arrange theater tickets, send flowers to anyplace in the world, get me airport pick-ups, etc. etc. -- this is a GREAT service. Thanks Starwood!!
Old Jan 8, 2002, 11:45 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
edited for reasons cited below.

[This message has been edited by Starwood Lurker (edited 01-24-2002).]
Old Jan 8, 2002, 3:44 pm

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
arrange theater tickets, send flowers to anyplace in the world, get me airport pick-ups, etc. etc.</font>
Wow - I'm impressed - I guess I should start to use this benefit more... So far I've used the concierges for booking some free weekends, and I did indeed get assigned a personal concierge which I haven't used enough (I stay to much at the same place, and make my own reservations directly with the hotel to get the StarChoice points...)
Old Jan 8, 2002, 4:34 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Yes, do so without hesitation. I use them regularly and they never drop the ball. I suggest you communicate with them via email, it works best and you can keep track of everything. Follow up details by phone if needed. Enjoy!!

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Jan 18, 2002, 11:43 pm

William,

You got mail!!
Old Jan 19, 2002, 9:59 am

You have got mail !

Thanks !
Old Jan 20, 2002, 11:57 am

On Friday I sent William an email asking that a Platinum Concierge be assigned to me. This morning I received an email letter of introduction from my Concierge.

I wrote back to her and asked questions regarding transportation from the airports to two hotels on my next trip which is 3 weeks away. Within a very short time she had contacted both hotels and wrote back to me with detailed instructions on how to find the airport shuttles.

This is a wonderful service.
Old Jan 20, 2002, 12:31 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
William set me up with one and he's already been very helpful. Having one on one repeated contact with one person is an amazing privilege, and when you combine that with Starwood Lurker being around, IMHO Starwood Preferred Guest is heads and shoulders above the other programs.
Old Jan 20, 2002, 1:27 pm

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
They ahve gone out of their way to arrange babysitting services, something not always easy to find. They will not let me call the hotel when they can do it themselves! I doubt another hotel program comes close.
Old Jan 20, 2002, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Just had another wonderful experience with my Plat Concierge. I'm going to Tahiti on my honeymoon (all booked through a travel agent).
I gave my concierge the sections of the itinerary with the Sheraton segments and she contacted the hotels, asked the general managers about better rooms, got me confirmed in those rooms, and then made dinner reservations at several recommended restaurants.
The best part was that one of the restaurants doesn't take reservations until Feb 1. She said she would make a note of the date, and call again then to make the reservation.
I'm connecting in LA on the way to Tahiti, and she made my reservations at the St. Regis, checked to see if it would be cheaper to rent a car to get from LAX to the hotel or take a taxi, and got me quotes for the major car rental companies.
Outstanding!
Thanks again *wood.

[This message has been edited by johnsmith (edited 01-20-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.