Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Keyless Promos (Targeted?): 1000 Starpoints for registering; up to 1500 for using

SPG Keyless Promos (Targeted?): 1000 Starpoints for registering; up to 1500 for using

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 17, 15, 8:55 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Wiki Link
One-time 1,000 Starpoint bonus for registering for Keyless

By invitation email :

Get keyed up for your next stay by registering your phone — it will get you 1,000 bonus Starpoints®. Simply go to the home screen of your app and click on: SPG Keyless Registration

Originally Posted by T&Cs
Members are pre-registered for this promotion.
Earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints® for registering for SPG Keyless.
Member can earn a onetime 1,000 bonus Starpoints for registering their device for SPG Keyless.
This promotion is not transferable.
Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account within 2–4 weeks of the Keyless registration posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account.
This promotion may be combined with other Starpoints promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other.
Up to 1,500 bonus Starpoints for using Keyless

By invitation email :

Bonus offer: You can earn 500 Starpoints for up to three SPG Keyless stays, for a maximum of 1,500 Starpoints.

Earn 500 bonus Starpoints® for each eligible stay up to three stays.

Originally Posted by T&Cs
Member can earn 500 bonus Starpoints after one (1) eligible paid stay, 500 bonus Starpoints after the second (2nd) eligible paid stay and 500 bonus Starpoints after the third (3rd) eligible paid stay. As part of this promotion, member may earn a maximum of 1,500 total bonus Starpoints for three stays from July 16, 2015, through October 1, 2015 (the "promotion period").
This promotion is not transferable. Bookings made prior to the promotion period are eligible, but only eligible stays consumed during the promotion period will earn a bonus.
An eligible stay is a stay with at least 1 eligible paid night at any of the participating SPG Keyless hotels and resorts during the promotion period.
Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account within 2–4 weeks of the stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account following the first, second and third eligible stays.
This promotion may be combined with other Starpoints promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 16, 15, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro

Just received an email from SPG promoting the use of SPG Keyless for upcoming stays. Worth keeping an eye out in case you have a stay upcoming at a property with this.

Copied and pasted below:

*Bonus offer: You can earn 500 Starpoints for up to three SPG Keyless stays, for a maximum of 1,500 Starpoints.

Earn 500 bonus Starpoints® for each eligible stay up to three stays.

Member can earn 500 bonus Starpoints after one (1) eligible paid stay, 500 bonus Starpoints after the second (2nd) eligible paid stay and 500 bonus Starpoints after the third (3rd) eligible paid stay. As part of this promotion, member may earn a maximum of 1,500 total bonus Starpoints for three stays from July 16, 2015, through October 1, 2015 (the "promotion period").

This promotion is not transferable. Bookings made prior to the promotion period are eligible, but only eligible stays consumed during the promotion period will earn a bonus.

An eligible stay is a stay with at least 1 eligible paid night at any of the participating SPG Keyless hotels and resorts during the promotion period.

Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account within 2–4 weeks of the stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account following the first, second and third eligible stays.

Old Jul 16, 15, 6:43 pm

Received this as well. The real issue is if you can get the keyless to work...
Old Jul 16, 15, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
I didn't get the email. I've tried keyless before; never been able to get it to work.
Old Jul 16, 15, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA - Global Services 1MM; Marriott - Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium; Hertz - President's Circle
Any chance someone would post the link?
Old Jul 16, 15, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by vandalby View Post
Any chance someone would post the link?
I got the email, and didn't see any link to a special offer or anything, it just says that I will earn 500 points for each stay up to three "keyless stays", which I presume it means stays at properties that support this.

The only condition I see is that on the day before check-in, the app will show an invitation to opt-in for keyless entry and that I should follow the on-screen instructions.
Old Jul 16, 15, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA - Global Services 1MM; Marriott - Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium; Hertz - President's Circle
Originally Posted by fliesdelta View Post
I got the email, and didn't see any link to a special offer or anything, it just says that I will earn 500 points for each stay up to three "keyless stays", which I presume it means stays at properties that support this.

The only condition I see is that on the day before check-in, the app will show an invitation to opt-in for keyless entry and that I should follow the on-screen instructions.
Ah - thanks that's helpful. I've been in the same boat as others in having challenges getting keyless to work. Sometimes the property simply doesn't assign the room in time. On most occasions I can get in my room the first time, but can't on subsequent re-entries to my room. Good luck!
Old Jul 16, 15, 10:31 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
After a few frustrating experiences at other properties, I finally had a good keyless experience at the W Westwood/very far West Beverly Hills. Had blue tooth turned on, got the notification right on time, was assigned a great suite, and the door even opened.
Old Jul 17, 15, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa View Post
Received this as well. The real issue is if you can get the keyless to work...
it worked very well for me at the w chicago city center but didn't work at all at the element times square....
Old Jul 17, 15, 1:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Victim, Shangri-La GC Diamond, CX MP DM, EK Gold
It worked alright for me most of the time but there has been an issue where if there was no internet connectivity when I open the app
(because I use T-Mobile and they suck in Austin... well not just Austin but that's another topic)
It completely fails to pop up the dialog to show my room number and let me open the door.

They have just (last week) updated the SPG App for iOS and the changelog talks of improvements and bug fixes to keyless.

FWIW I didn't get an e-mail offering bonus points for Keyless. Maybe because I already used Keyless half a dozen times or my address is in HK.. it may be targeted after all....?
Old Jul 17, 15, 3:03 am

I received the same e-mail and find out my device was not supported although my Android version is 5.0.2
I think the SPG app still needs a lot of work...
Old Jul 17, 15, 3:53 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Just found out that my current hotel plus the one I'm going to tomorrow night don't have keyless. So it's not all properties.
Old Jul 17, 15, 6:19 am

Programs: JL Sapphire | GE, TSA-Pre
Originally Posted by iflyjetz View Post
Just found out that my current hotel plus the one I'm going to tomorrow night don't have keyless. So it's not all properties.
I got this targeted promo as well.

Yeah this promo is for Keyless properties and there are only a handful of properties with Keyless enabled at the moment.
Old Jul 17, 15, 6:59 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by lcpteck View Post
Yeah this promo is for Keyless properties and there are only a handful of properties with Keyless enabled at the moment.
Here's the list of participating properties:

https://www.spgpromos.com/keyless/?a...g_NoStay_W1_EN
Old Jul 17, 15, 7:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Victim, Shangri-La GC Diamond, CX MP DM, EK Gold
I have two stays at Ws coming up next week, all key-less enabled and did not get this promo.
Old Jul 17, 15, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by forumpersona999 View Post
I have two stays at Ws coming up next week, all key-less enabled and did not get this promo.
That's how it always works.

Duh.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: