FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   SPG Keyless Promos (Targeted?): 1000 Starpoints for registering; up to 1500 for using (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1695465-spg-keyless-promos-targeted-1000-starpoints-registering-up-1500-using.html)

Miami305 Jul 16, 2015 5:41 pm

SPG Keyless Promos (Targeted?): 1000 Starpoints for registering; up to 1500 for using

Just received an email from SPG promoting the use of SPG Keyless for upcoming stays. Worth keeping an eye out in case you have a stay upcoming at a property with this.

Copied and pasted below:

*Bonus offer: You can earn 500 Starpoints for up to three SPG Keyless stays, for a maximum of 1,500 Starpoints.

Earn 500 bonus Starpoints® for each eligible stay up to three stays.

Member can earn 500 bonus Starpoints after one (1) eligible paid stay, 500 bonus Starpoints after the second (2nd) eligible paid stay and 500 bonus Starpoints after the third (3rd) eligible paid stay. As part of this promotion, member may earn a maximum of 1,500 total bonus Starpoints for three stays from July 16, 2015, through October 1, 2015 (the "promotion period").

This promotion is not transferable. Bookings made prior to the promotion period are eligible, but only eligible stays consumed during the promotion period will earn a bonus.

An eligible stay is a stay with at least 1 eligible paid night at any of the participating SPG Keyless hotels and resorts during the promotion period.

Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account within 2–4 weeks of the stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account following the first, second and third eligible stays.

This promotion may be combined with other Starpoints promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other.

Amex For Children Of Africa Jul 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Received this as well. The real issue is if you can get the keyless to work...

iflyjetz Jul 16, 2015 6:27 pm

I didn't get the email. I've tried keyless before; never been able to get it to work.

vandalby Jul 16, 2015 7:23 pm

Any chance someone would post the link?

fliesdelta Jul 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by vandalby (Post 25129087)
Any chance someone would post the link?

I got the email, and didn't see any link to a special offer or anything, it just says that I will earn 500 points for each stay up to three "keyless stays", which I presume it means stays at properties that support this.

The only condition I see is that on the day before check-in, the app will show an invitation to opt-in for keyless entry and that I should follow the on-screen instructions.

vandalby Jul 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta (Post 25129184)
I got the email, and didn't see any link to a special offer or anything, it just says that I will earn 500 points for each stay up to three "keyless stays", which I presume it means stays at properties that support this.

The only condition I see is that on the day before check-in, the app will show an invitation to opt-in for keyless entry and that I should follow the on-screen instructions.

Ah - thanks that's helpful. I've been in the same boat as others in having challenges getting keyless to work. Sometimes the property simply doesn't assign the room in time. On most occasions I can get in my room the first time, but can't on subsequent re-entries to my room. Good luck!

sfozrhfco Jul 16, 2015 9:31 pm

After a few frustrating experiences at other properties, I finally had a good keyless experience at the W Westwood/very far West Beverly Hills. Had blue tooth turned on, got the notification right on time, was assigned a great suite, and the door even opened.

Keyser Jul 16, 2015 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa (Post 25128750)
Received this as well. The real issue is if you can get the keyless to work...

it worked very well for me at the w chicago city center but didn't work at all at the element times square....

forumpersona999 Jul 17, 2015 12:32 am

It worked alright for me most of the time but there has been an issue where if there was no internet connectivity when I open the app
(because I use T-Mobile and they suck in Austin... well not just Austin but that's another topic)
It completely fails to pop up the dialog to show my room number and let me open the door.

They have just (last week) updated the SPG App for iOS and the changelog talks of improvements and bug fixes to keyless.

FWIW I didn't get an e-mail offering bonus points for Keyless. Maybe because I already used Keyless half a dozen times or my address is in HK.. it may be targeted after all....?

gamersonia Jul 17, 2015 2:03 am

I received the same e-mail and find out my device was not supported although my Android version is 5.0.2
I think the SPG app still needs a lot of work...

iflyjetz Jul 17, 2015 2:53 am

Just found out that my current hotel plus the one I'm going to tomorrow night don't have keyless. So it's not all properties.

lcpteck Jul 17, 2015 5:19 am

Originally Posted by iflyjetz (Post 25130346)
Just found out that my current hotel plus the one I'm going to tomorrow night don't have keyless. So it's not all properties.

I got this targeted promo as well.

Yeah this promo is for Keyless properties and there are only a handful of properties with Keyless enabled at the moment.

fliesdelta Jul 17, 2015 5:59 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 25130770)
Yeah this promo is for Keyless properties and there are only a handful of properties with Keyless enabled at the moment.

Here's the list of participating properties:

https://www.spgpromos.com/keyless/?a...g_NoStay_W1_EN

forumpersona999 Jul 17, 2015 6:13 am

I have two stays at Ws coming up next week, all key-less enabled and did not get this promo.

Miami305 Jul 17, 2015 7:29 am

Originally Posted by forumpersona999 (Post 25130892)
I have two stays at Ws coming up next week, all key-less enabled and did not get this promo.

That's how it always works.

Duh. :D