Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Palace Hotel, Moscow, Russian Federation [Master Thread]

Sheraton Palace Hotel, Moscow, Russian Federation [Master Thread]

Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:16 pm

Location: Minneapolis, MN - At least that's where I receive mail...
Programs: DL (DM), AA (EP), SPG (Ambassador), HHonors (Gold)
Has anyone stayed at this property lately? Was thinking of booking it as part of an extended weekend in Moscow.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I stayed there back in May and it was fine. Nothing particularly special - just a standard Sheraton -just way more expensive because it's Moscow. I like it because it's relatively close to the subway and to the SVO express train and I like to walk/subway in Moscow because of the traffic/taxi costs.

That said, the Radisson Royal (Ukraina) is way nicer, although not walking distance from the subway so if you don't care about taxis then I'd stay there. Best location is the National in terms of how central and how close to subways but I found the room decor to be a little dated and too "old Russian". The Radisson/Ukraina is Russian style but more tasteful.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by aaronhurd
Has anyone stayed at this property lately? Was thinking of booking it as part of an extended weekend in Moscow.
I stayed there last about a month ago; I stay there about half the time I'm in Moscow. The hotel is close to the Metro and is convenient for walking to lots of restaurants. The rooms are nice enough and the breakfast is nice, the
late afternoon spread starts around 18:00 or so. You're offered a decent choice of free alcohol and usually very good food too. I have made it dinner numerous times, often tipsy because the service is sometimes overly enthusiastic about refilling drinks.

Compared with most other choices I prefer the Palace because of convenience and relatively modest prices.

I have stayed in the Renaissance (nice but in the middle of nowhere), National (old world expensive) Hilton (you must stay there once, preferably one night, just so you have stayed in the iconic building), and a half dozen others.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by NYTA

... Best location is the National in terms of how central and how close to subways but I found the room decor to be a little dated and too "old Russian". The Radisson/Ukraina is Russian style but more tasteful.
I've been in different rooms there -- some have a more tasteful, less cheesy/kitsch feel even though the furniture is basically the same.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by ajnaro
I've been in different rooms there -- some have a more tasteful, less cheesy/kitsch feel even though the furniture is basically the same.
For a day or two I enjoy the ambiance. But, OMG, I feel OLD when I stay there.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
For a day or two I enjoy the ambiance. But, OMG, I feel OLD when I stay there.
Just for jbcarioca, when I said 'cheesy/kitsch' I really meant brega.

I do agree about the 'old' feeling of the National, but on the other hand W's sometimes give the impression that they're trying to dupe people who want to feel young.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by ajnaro
Just for jbcarioca, when I said 'cheesy/kitsch' I really meant brega.

I do agree about the 'old' feeling of the National, but on the other hand W's sometimes give the impression that they're trying to dupe people who want to feel young.
NOBODY feels young at the National. OTOH, brega works. I don 't know the Russian word.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:27 am

No Free Suite Nights At This Property

as above... any ideas why?? (the SPG website reasons don't seem to apply or are certainly not clear)

Plat
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by GeorgiaShrink
as above... any ideas why?? (the SPG website reasons don't seem to apply or are certainly not clear)

Plat
This is a bit odd. I have almost always been upgraded at the Sheraton, although they've never taken Suite Nights to do it.

Their policies are a trifle different than standard but IME not at all inferior. There are daily free drinks in the lounge, nice hors d'ouvres, and if the lounge is closed (off season, usually) they offer free stuff at the lobby bar which is quite nice.

The Green Choice, for example, is 5 Euro, but is accepted for food credit at POS, not for Starpoints. The food credit is typically better anyway.

I usually get a Junior Suite, and also am on the Executive Floor.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:44 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Be warned this hotel is quite strict and only allows checked in guests to join you in the lounge as a platinum member. I find this quite annoying as I have a friend which wants to visit me, but does not want to bring his passport. Infact from my experience thus far this is the only hotel from the ex SPG hotels which did this to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.