Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Panama (Costa del Este)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
The Westin Panama (Costa del Este)

Hi all, wondering if anyone has experience with The Westin Panama (Costa del Este). I'll be there for a few days for business, and since I've never been before I'm going a few days early. It seems to be a relatively new hotel, and I can't find many reviews.

Also, is it really far away from "fun"? It's 0.1 km from my company's office in Panama so it's well-situated for business, but it looks like this might be one of those new business parks, away from the downtown/historic area.

I welcome any and all comments about how to maximize some free time (Sat night - Mon afternoon) while there before having to buckle down to work. Thanks!

Last edited by zpaul; Jun 17, 2015 at 7:45 am
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by zpaul
Hi all, wondering if anyone has experience with The Westin Panama (Costa del Este).... I can't find many reviews.
Odd. Here's 213 recent reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Province.html
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbtinme
For some reason, and for all I travel, Trip Advisor never crosses my mind. Thanks for pulling me back into the real world.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by zpaul
For some reason, and for all I travel, Trip Advisor never crosses my mind. Thanks for pulling me back into the real world.
Could you explain why ?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by geilux
Could you explain why ?
Truthfully, no - I can't think of a good reason. I've just never used it when planning trips, maybe because my traveling days started well before it was around. It's not top-of-mind for me at all.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Hello,

I am in Panama right now and I come here often. I have stayed at several hotels here but not the westin. However the hotel is in a nice location on a relatively new side of the city called costa del este. Ther are some restaurants on that area which are nice (nation sushi is good) and the hotel looks really nice from the outside. Other than that, there are mostly offices in the area,getting from costa del este to the city center would be a headacke during traffic hours (most of the day) but during the night it should be 15min.

I would recommend you le meridien and the sheraton which are in good locations also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.