Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Info Sheraton Premiere Tysons Corner?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2001, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Any Info Sheraton Premiere Tysons Corner?

I have a weekend stay booked here for later this month. An archive search turned up only one reference.

1. Anybody have anything good/bad to say about this hotel?

2. Would switching to the Club floor be worth it? (extra expense is minimal, so I probably will)

3. Does anyone have any favorites among Starwoods in the DC area? Any UN-Favorites to be avoided?

I note here, for the benefit of anyone who wants to provide advice that (A) when I go to DC, I usually visit folks in both Maryland and Virginia, so it isn't important to me to be in any one area, and (B) I don't need to be in Washington itself, i.e., a suburban location is fine, if not preferred.

Thanks in advance,

O/H
Old Nov 4, 2001, 6:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 8 MM Executive Platinum, Etihad Gold, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
It is a reasonably good hotel. I did not get very good service when I stayed there a couple of years ago but my recent stays have been fine. The location is very good. Close to good restuarants (sam & Harry, for instance) amd good shopping. I have stayed at both the regular and the Club level and do not recommend spending extra money to get a room on the Club level. If you want a better Starwood hotel, I would recommend the Westin Grand. If you want a better hotel close to Tysones, I woul suggest the Ritz Carlton Tysons Corner.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
This isn't a bad hotel but nor would I consider it a great one either. It is aging in my opinion. I've stayed there regularly since 95. The service has dropped off somewhat. The club level isn't worth paying for, and I believe (call and ask) that the club lounge will be closed during the weekend. Free parking is cool, location is great for NoVa/Tysons/Dulles area. I think they have a free shuttle to Tysons Corner Mall as well. Whatever you do staY away from Sheraton Reston, now that is a tried and tested dump. I stayed the last weekend of oct for my freebie, what a waste and it cost me $1.70 for three phone calls.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Occupationalhazard:
I have a weekend stay booked here for later this month. An archive search turned up only one reference.

1. Anybody have anything good/bad to say about this hotel?

2. Would switching to the Club floor be worth it? (extra expense is minimal, so I probably will)

3. Does anyone have any favorites among Starwoods in the DC area? Any UN-Favorites to be avoided? SHERATON RESTON ---- AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

I note here, for the benefit of anyone who wants to provide advice that (A) when I go to DC, I usually visit folks in both Maryland and Virginia, so it isn't important to me to be in any one area, and (B) I don't need to be in Washington itself, i.e., a suburban location is fine, if not preferred.

Thanks in advance,

O/H
</font>
Old Nov 4, 2001, 10:43 pm

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Folks,

Is there a complimentary airport shuttle from and to Sheraton Premier Tysons Corner? Sheraton Reston do provide, but when I was there 2 years back, I saw a Sheraton Premier Tysons Corner van shuttle picking up someone from the airport. My problem is, this Sheraton Premier doesn't say it provides shuttle between Dulles and their hotel on any websites. Can someone please kindly clarify? Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2001, 1:05 am
DH

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Occupationalhazard:

O/H
</font>
There is $59/nt prepaid Club level room available on some weekends so make sure to check it out on Sheraton.com. You have to be careful to since $59 rate applies to both club and non-club level rooms. BTW Club Lounge is closed on weekend so you get a continental breakfast coupon.

------------------
ValueConsumer.com Home of Tripple Dipping Online Shopping
Old Mar 6, 2005, 8:00 pm

Post just stayed there recently

Any staff member that I met was very pleasant.

The hotel itself has probably seen better days. It was probably really nice in...1985.

Charging $2.00 for a call to a toll free number from the in-room phone should be illegal. At least waive the charge for Business/Gold/Plat SPG members!

Someone on FT mentioned that you have to be on the 10th floor or higher to get high speed internet access. Since that was posted, they've added wireless access to the floors below 10. Same $9.95 charge per day, from noon to noon.

The hotel is constantly busy with meetings and conventions and is used by various international flight crews on layover from IAD, so don't expect absolute quiet. This isn't a big problem for me.

The room furnishings looked like they were only a year or two old, but the hallways and other public areas looked kind of tired. I had to use their parking deck due to weather conditions, and while it was nice that it was free, it is so poorly lit even during the day that it's a hazard. I wouldn't want to walk alone in their too long.

Very close to the Tysons Corner malls and probably cheaper than the Marriott or RC on the weekend. But in rush hour and on the weekends, maps can be deceiving. Leesburg Pike (VA-7) turns into a virtual parking lot and it could take you half an hour to travel the two miles between the hotel and I-495. There are plenty of back roads to the malls available, but some of the retail and services are located right on VA-7. Just allow some extra time.

All in all, it wasn't a bad stay. I'm just getting really tired of hotels that charge upwards of $200/night weeknights and don't update their facilities. It seems to be a growing trend.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
A couple past threads on this property:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318469
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400854

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.