Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This sounds to me like you want to take advantage of the hotel's facilities without being a guest in any form. To me, it isn't right. Their driveway is for the benefit of their guests, or at least those who stop for a meal or drink. Likewise the lobby internet.
Not 100% sure, but I do not think that the Sheraton owns a single meter of street infrastructure at FRA.

Since the poster paid airport charges anyway and the streets are likely owned by the airport, I do not see your argument being applicable in this case.

Using the lobby and the internet provided free of charge for guests is certainly another issue, but I am pretty sure that the friendly folks at the Sheraton FRA do not mind at all about the lobby, not sure if one can use the internet without a room number and matching name.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Once again disappointing stay here.

1. climate control is very weak
2. check in at the lounge took 25 minutes as I was on a day rate and rep. was going slowly for some reason, reminded her I had 2 rooms after giving me 1 key, 2 beds when giving me a king, club access was there for my 3 guests which was nice while I was checking in.
3. housekeeping came to BOTH rooms while we were trying to sleep 2 hours into the day rate
4. rate of 119 euros and no tax added which usually they add tax to my other reservations
5. btw ran out of bacon in the lounge for the 30 minutes i was there. I miss it living in KSA.

location saves this place in my mind and spacious lounge is a plus, but the rooms and comfort are not there.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:28 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
First time here after 10 years:

had no problem with checkin, checkout was a bit busy....
welcome fruits in room and lindt chocolate

lounge terrace is nice, staff was very friendly at lounge.

I called about bf for plats they said i could go to restaurant as well.
I went to the restaurant and they asked me if i wanted to charge it to the room.
Club rooms are pretty far away so the lady made an exception and let us have breakfast at restaurant this time. Breakfast was not really impressive, pretty much same as at Sheraton Congress Frankfurt
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
I spent a night here a couple of weeks ago on my way back from Vienna in order to enjoy a full day at the LH FCT and also the Avis 911 rental the following day.

Having taken an early flight from AMS, I arrived at the hotel at 9:30am and was luckily able to check-in without much prodding. I was given a room on one of the club floors. Access to the city is very straight forward with trains running from the airport every 15 minutes or so which made it easy to go in and see the sights in Frankfurt.

After returning from the city, I enjoyed a few hours in the lounge which is rather expansive with several wines/sparking along with beer and soft drinks and several both warm and cold snacks. The lounge also has extended hours with food/drink as opposed to most with both being available until at least 10pm.

I debated whether to stay here again or to stay at the Westin in Frankfurt and was once again happy with my choice given it is a short walk to the terminal in the morning not having to deal with taking the train from the city.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:40 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
i had 7 one night stays here in the last months... fruits and chocolate only on very first stay.
Always got upgraded to club room but never a suite was offered even though multiple standard suites were available on every night. Minibar was only workin in 1 of 7 stays but they delivered a fridge on request.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:14 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is my second overnight at FRA. Last time I tried the Hilton which was relatively new but my "executive" room was the size of a closet. So this time I tried the Sheraton.

I booked a junior suite and appear to have been upgraded to a regular suite. I am only gold so not used to getting much at Sheraton.

I'm tempted to say this room is faded glory but I doubt there was ever any glory to fade. The furniture was in decent shape but very old. Apparently the carpet had been stained in the past so one square was cut out replaced with a much newer one which was clearly noticeable. Half of the bulbs in the living room, all 6 watt CFLs, were burned out and engineering had to replace them.

The computer was down at the front desk so I had to fill out 2 different forms to check in. It appears this hotel takes a hold on your credit card and forces you to sign for it at check-in. The clerk was all about saying no, even on small things ("Can you replace regular Coke with Coke light in the minibar? No!). Fortunately other staff were better.

It is a truly hard choice between the Hilton and the Sheraton, if stuck at FRA again. They are each awful in their own way. Are any of the other choices better?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Hi,

I'm currently staying here for 5 nights as a plat, first time in this hotel. It's an impressive hotel, quite big for European standards and direct access to the Terminal and regional and local train stations, which is convenient because it is currently cold and snowing a little bit outside. Signage is an issue however, because the first 3 days I just followed the signs to the airport terminal and from there followed the signs to the train station. There is a direct connection inside the Sheraton that saves you a 5-10 minutes detour, just ask hotel staff which exit you should take.

I arrived at 11pm and I was not sure whether club lounge checkin was still available that late - I went up to club lounges in other Starwood properties several times, to find out that there was no one at the desk. Didn't fancy this at a late Sunday night, so waited in line downstairs. Like earlier experiences in this thread a couple of years ago: it went slowly. Only 2 desks were open and checkin took me about 25 minutes. For a hotel with 1000+ rooms I think you can roughly estimate when people will arrive. When it was my turn, they told me I could have checked in at the lounge. I would have preferred to get that information by email or phone beforehand, mainly because I clearly indicated at what exact time I was going to check in.

I think they have cut budgets, since no chocolate and flowers were offered. I have been upgraded to a club room in a separate building ("the tower") and heating is still an issue: outside it's freezing and inside the lowest possible temperature is about 22-24 degrees Celsius. Views are limited and no runway view like in the Amsterdam Airport Sheraton for example. My room at the 8th floor has an outside view on other hotel rooms.

There is a small gym with sauna for club room visitors only, next to the club lounge on the 9th floor of the "tower". I have only used the larger gym, which again is quite hard to find. Signs indicating the gym direct you to the main reception and then disappear. Staff explained me how to find it: it's in the other building.

Club lounge is big, with a decent breakfast and good snacks at night. Limited hot snacks, some deep fried stuff, but the soup is excellent. Every day different and with a special flavour. Furthermore some salads, bread, cheeses, excellent small bites (yesterday healthy fish snacks). The buffet looks good and the food tastes good.
At arrival, they announced that they are currently experimenting with different formulas for busy weeks.
At check-in, I was offered a voucher to use club lounge benefits in the hotel lobby bar downstairs. One day I walked into the bar a couple of minutes past 11pm and asked for how to use it, staff replied that it was valid until 11pm (nothing mentioned on the voucher). I went back the day after at 8.15pm and staff then told me that the voucher was valid until 8pm. Didn't give it another try, either they want to offer it to me or they don't, I'm not begging for a free 3 EUR glass of beer after 55 nights at Starwood YTD.

The location is at the airport, not that far away from the city center. Taxis are about 40 EUR one way, but you can take regional trains for 9 euro return trip. Prepare some time for the ticketing machines and buy a return trip: the one way ticket is too cheap to pay with a credit card (unbelievable that Deutsche Bahn ticketing machines located at an international airport do not accept credit cards for a one way ticket from the airport to the city center). It took me over 30 minutes to buy a train ticket Monday morning at 8.30 am. Trains usually seem to run in time in Germany, but my experience has been very bad: all my trains have been delayed for 30 mins or more.

The hotel is currently in Christmas atmosphere: some Christmas elements but no idyllic picture: no Christmas tree in the lounge for example. If you value a club lounge, definitely go to this hotel. I would go back here, it's convenient.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I was there a few days ago and got my first suite upgrade, after I asked for it. I agree that location and club lounge is what makes this hotel attractive for people connecting through FRA.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've been visiting the Sheraton FRA for many years and am sitting in the lounge right now. It looks like there have been some recent cutbacks. Previously, there was a diverse assortment of good quality cakes and other sweets in the afternoon but today there was just a plate with two small glazed donuts. Food was deployed at 6 PM and consisted of sandwiches, herring and lettuce. There is one hot item, little squares labeled "spring onion cake." When I asked about soup, I was told they now only serve it on certain days. According to the welcome letter, evening snacks are available until 10:30 PM but this will be changed to 9:30 PM in April. Its not very crowded in the lounge nor was it busy at the check-in counter in the lobby. Nevetheless, it still took nearly 15 minutes to check in, a process that barely takes a minute at most other hotels.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: United Global Services 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
Originally Posted by LarryU
I've been visiting the Sheraton FRA for many years and am sitting in the lounge right now. It looks like there have been some recent cutbacks. Previously, there was a diverse assortment of good quality cakes and other sweets in the afternoon but today there was just a plate with two small glazed donuts. Food was deployed at 6 PM and consisted of sandwiches, herring and lettuce. There is one hot item, little squares labeled "spring onion cake." When I asked about soup, I was told they now only serve it on certain days. According to the welcome letter, evening snacks are available until 10:30 PM but this will be changed to 9:30 PM in April. Its not very crowded in the lounge nor was it busy at the check-in counter in the lobby. Nevetheless, it still took nearly 15 minutes to check in, a process that barely takes a minute at most other hotels.
Not sure why, but the check-in process for the Sheraton FRA is always excruciatingly slow, even for Platinum. I stay there 3-4 times a year and its always the same... PAINFULLY S-L-O-W.

Last time I was there, they made the same food selection in the lounge available down in the sports bar (beer and wine were not part of the deal).
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by laughinlab2001
Not sure why, but the check-in process for the Sheraton FRA is always excruciatingly slow, even for Platinum. I stay there 3-4 times a year and its always the same... PAINFULLY S-L-O-W.

Last time I was there, they made the same food selection in the lounge available down in the sports bar (beer and wine were not part of the deal).
I was under the impression that beer, wine, etc were included in the sports bar. However, I'm content on my couch in a quiet corner of the club lounge and have no plans to check it out.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; IC Plat; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LarryU
I was under the impression that beer, wine, etc were included in the sports bar. However, I'm content on my couch in a quiet corner of the club lounge and have no plans to check it out.
I have taken advantage of free beer for Platinums (not a wine drinker so no clue about that) in the sports bar several times over the last year or so. It was at least initially offered on a test basis and there were only certain hours each day though when they didn't charge for beer and if I recall correctly they changed the hours around somewhat. So, anybody interested in taking advantage of the program should first check with the host at the desk in the lounge.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:35 am

Taking the train from Munich directly to FRA arriving in the late afternoon, staying overnight and have an early moving flight the next day. I'm deciding between a Club Room at the Sheraton or the Hilton. Anyone know if the Club Rooms at the Sheraton have been renovated. The pictures look pretty dismal.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; IC Plat; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Nancy Colson
Taking the train from Munich directly to FRA arriving in the late afternoon, staying overnight and have an early moving flight the next day. I'm deciding between a Club Room at the Sheraton or the Hilton. Anyone know if the Club Rooms at the Sheraton have been renovated. The pictures look pretty dismal.
The Sheraton Club rooms are among the most recently renovated although I can't say when the renovations took place. The primary benefit to Club rooms at the Sheraton is Club access and those rooms are perfectly adequate for a late afternoon arrival and early next morning departure.

The other minor distinction is proximity to the airport. Depending on walking speed, the Sheraton is 5 or so minutes closer to the airport than the Hilton is.
Old May 28, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Just checked in. Drain for the showers is clogged forcing me to turn off water every 2 minutes. No welcome letter.

No suite upg saying blaming availability but online it said they had junior, grand, and another type avail but w.e only here for a night.

Night and day compared to Westin Grand Frankfurt which is only 30 euros more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.