Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Park Tower Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Tower Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by gatorboy
Any experience with early check-in? My wife arrd I arrive early next week (pre-Olympics) for our anniversary. Hoping for noon or so check-in. We'll request in advance, but curious how likely it may be (depending of course on previous night occupancy).
I once checked in around 6 am without having any status, but that was back in 2008, they also upgraded me to an exec room. I didnt call or request anything, I just showed up.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:15 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Question

I have not stayed at this hotel for 20 yrs but am looking for somewhere for october there is 30% off at present making it under 200 pounds ++ is it the spg hotel to stay at for this price?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by aussielori
I have not stayed at this hotel for 20 yrs but am looking for somewhere for october there is 30% off at present making it under 200 pounds ++ is it the spg hotel to stay at for this price?
That is about as cheap as it gets unless you have a corporate rate for the property.

The standard of rooms here are good, so even the most basic rooms are spacious and well appointed. If you are a Platinum, then depending on the timing of your stay you will normally get an upgrade to an Executive Room (no Executive Lounge here though) or possibly a Panoramic room or better. Usually the better upgrades come when it is busy.

Again, for Platinum members it is well worth taking breakfast as an amenity as it offer a very nice breakfast buffet with a selection of cooked to order dishes as well.

It is a genuine luxury hotel and for that kind of cost, I would say it would be the SPG hotel of choice at that price point.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:18 am

Just had my first stay of the new year at this hotel as I stay here semi-regularly (along with some Hilton hotels) when in London on business.

Usual good service, a basic upgrade to an Exec room (which is absolutely fine) and a warm welcome at check-in. What was nice though was that there was a bottle of wine and an additional large bottle of mineral water waiting for me in the room, along with a 'welcome back and a happy new year' note from the Guest Relations Manager.

A small touch, but the gesture was very much noted and appreciated. I remember when I first stayed here a few years ago, I was a bit unsure about the property. It is now the one hotel I feel pretty certain of having a problem free, comfortable stay at when on business.

It is also on Starpicks this week at a decent price for this property, so if you are in London in the coming weeks it may be worth considering it.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:50 am

Programs: Free Agent
Was surprised by my recent stay. Per the hotel's website, plenty of standard rooms were available, with the exception of Executive Suites. So I wasn't expecting an upgrade using my SNAs. At the 4 day mark, I saw that I was upgraded to a Panoramic Suite. Then a day or two later, found myself upgraded again to a Penthouse Suite! Fantastic view with all the snow and such.

I don't know if being a 75 night plat had anything to do with the upgrade, but I just booked my next stay here!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:59 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Condition One
Was surprised by my recent stay. Per the hotel's website, plenty of standard rooms were available, with the exception of Executive Suites. So I wasn't expecting an upgrade using my SNAs. At the 4 day mark, I saw that I was upgraded to a Panoramic Suite. Then a day or two later, found myself upgraded again to a Penthouse Suite! Fantastic view with all the snow and such.

I don't know if being a 75 night plat had anything to do with the upgrade, but I just booked my next stay here!
Post pics
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Condition One
Glad to hear you had a great stay. I've had a Penthouse Suite once when the hotel was full. It's a pretty impressive suite isn't it? The Panoramic Suites aren't bad at all, but the Penthouse suites are something else.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chanp
Post pics
Yes, please ....
Old Apr 8, 2013, 2:18 am

Programs: Free Agent
This hotel has really stepped up its game over the past few years in regards to its treatment of Platinums. Before, the hotel would offer a measly to-go bag of continental breakfast items. It would also upgrade Plats one level to an executive room (slightly higher floor). I always felt that the hotel paid lip service to SPG Platinum benefits.

However, over my past few stays, I’ve seen a big change. You can now pick breakfast as a platinum amenity. Rather than just a continental breakfast, the hotel offers a full hot breakfast (27GBP value). Food quality is high. In addition to the buffet, you can choose made to order items off the menu such as pancakes or eggs benedict. On my last morning of my most recent stay, I needed to check out before the restaurant opened. The front desk said that I could order room service instead. A very nice touch!

The front desk staff are now willing to upgrade Plats to Panoramic rooms or Executive Suites (even without using Suite Night Awards). In addition, the lobby is under renovation until late May. So there’s a temporary entrance to the left of where the revolving doors used to be. Not a big deal. This hotel continues to be my SPG property of choice in London.
Old May 1, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
FYI: If you made a C+P reservation here recently, you might want to give your confirmation a second look. I booked it at the 10000 points + $180 rate that's standard in this category, but when I checked my confirmation, it listed the room at $240 per night plus VAT. When I asked Sheraton about it, they said the rates were loaded improperly into their system and that they had to manually adjust them (ie that I couldn't just cancel and re-book the reservation).
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:36 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Looks like this hotel has dropped Sheraton from its name. It is now called The Park Tower Knightsbridge.

http://www.theparktowerknightsbridge.com/
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
...and has bcome a Luxury Collection property instead. Thread title updated.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 3:12 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
...and has bcome a Luxury Collection property instead. Thread title updated.
It was a Luxury Collection hotel when it was a Sheraton.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by davidw70
Looks like this hotel has dropped Sheraton from its name. It is now called The Park Tower Knightsbridge.

http://www.theparktowerknightsbridge.com/
I'm amazed there are still five hotels in the Luxury Collection using the Sheraton name after all these years. Almost as confusing as "The Ritz-Carlton Chicago, A Four Seasons Hotel".
Old Jun 20, 2013, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I have a 3 night stay there in Sept, used my 35% off Plat re-qual award. ^ Y24 already approved and SNAs pending. I'll be sure to do a mini-TR afterwards.

Originally Posted by James Luckard
I'm amazed there are still five hotels in the Luxury Collection using the Sheraton name after all these years. Almost as confusing as "The Ritz-Carlton Chicago, A Four Seasons Hotel".
I stayed there for a night a couple weeks ago - confusing but a nice property! And of course there's a 4S basically across the street as well...

As for the Sheraton, I think there's a lot more equity in the name OUS, where of course the properties tend to be a lot nicer. Sheraton WTC in Sao Paulo, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in BKK, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.