Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Chicago Lakeshore (Pre-2007 Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2001, 10:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Arrow W Chicago Lakeshore (Pre-2007 Discussion)

I've booked a night in early August. Anyone in the know here know of any reason why it won't open on time?

If it doesn't, what might be the protocol?
Old Sep 10, 2001, 9:36 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I will be in Chicago on Fri 9/21 & was hoping to stay at the new W Lakeshore, but the web site (although up & running)-- doesn't seem to be able to take reservations. Does anyone know if this property is open yet???
Old Sep 10, 2001, 11:07 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Last I heard, the opening is now scheduled for October.
Old Oct 5, 2001, 6:20 pm

W Lakeshore

Anyone stayed at this hotel? I know its brand new but does anyone have any news about this one. Also, would you stay at the W Lakeshore or the W City Center?
Old Oct 5, 2001, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
I was supposed to spend last weekend there, but the opening got delayed (again). I'm not sure it's even open yet, although Monday could have been the opening night.
Old Oct 5, 2001, 9:44 pm

"W Hotels . . .officially opened W Chicago - Lakeshore to a full house with occupancy rates exceeding expectations. As the only hotel located on the city's famous Lake Shore Drive, this is the second W Hotel to open in Chicago this year . . . "

Full article at:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/011005/50402_1.html

I haven't had the opportunity to stay at either yet. However, the article briefly discusses the make-up of both locations.

I will plan to try out both hotels on my next visit to this first class city.

------------------
Got points ? Got smiles !
Old Oct 10, 2001, 6:52 pm

W Chicago Lakeshore

I know there have been delays upon delays for the opening of this property, but has anyone actually stayed there yet? As a Platinum, I was wondering about how they treat elites since I've received decent/good upgrades at the W City Center.
Old Oct 10, 2001, 8:05 pm

I would wait a few months before going to the Lakeshore. The restaurant and bar are not open yet (only the Living Room) and the staff is still learning the system and hotel. The hotel isnt marked at all from the outside! However, it has great views from its Lake view rooms, well worth the extra money!
Old Oct 11, 2001, 5:11 am

Thanks, the website is showing a rate of $159, which is the same as I would be paying at the Hyatt Regency. I generally don't use the restaurants (way too expensive for my company)...but I do remember how confusing it was the first few days at the W City Center. Also was there any recognition of your SPG status???
Old Oct 11, 2001, 8:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

www.biddingfortravel.com shows people getting this on pricline for about $65, FYI. Sheraton Chicago is going for $41 plus bonus money.
Old Oct 11, 2001, 9:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
The Hyatt Regency on Wacker is a dump ... always had bad experiences there. S/Chicago is nice.
Old Oct 12, 2001, 5:00 am

I know, I know (about the Regency), but I'm only there one night, it's central & the rates for the Sheraton Towers & Westin are well over $200. (Far above expense guidelines). Also I checked & the RC club is open, so as a Diamond, I can fill up there for dinner.
Old Oct 12, 2001, 3:27 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I am staying at the W Lakeshore this weekend for my free weekend. I just got back from LAS and there was a message on my office phone from the “W”. They were just calling to tell me about the hotel not having the restaurant but they had room service and all the goodies for their preferred customers. I thought a nice touch.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 3:46 am

Programs: CX MPC Silver, Aeroplan, SPG Platinum, Hyatt
thepla:

How was your stay at the Lakeshore W? When did they expect to be fully operational (ie. restaurant, full amenities, etc.)? How does it compare to the W CityCenter (or to the other Starwood hotels)?
Old Oct 15, 2001, 5:57 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I must say that the service at the Lakeshore W was great. I was using a free weekend and I was still offered a Platinum amenity of the 500 points/movie/gift. It was also my daughter’s birthday and they sent up a small gift for her. I taught her the basics of chess on some available chess games in the lobby. I called the desk to see if they could send up a game. They were looking all over the city to try and buy one, it was late at night, for us to borrow. The room I had looked over the lake and Navy Pier. I have never been to any “W” before but compared to other Starwood properties the service was impeccable. The room was a little small and the pool and restaurant were not available yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.