FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Announcing SPG Make It Count: Stay 2+ nights (inc 1 w/end night) get 1,000 Starpoints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1684257-announcing-spg-make-count-stay-2-nights-inc-1-w-end-night-get-1-000-starpoints.html)

Starwood Lurker IV Jun 1, 15 9:34 am

Announcing SPG Make It Count: Stay 2+ nights (inc 1 w/end night) get 1,000 Starpoints
 
We wanted all of you to be among the first to know about a few SPG global promotions.

- Today registration is open for our SPG Make It Count promotion, where you can earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints if you have a stay of 2+ nights that includes a weekend night. There are no limits to the number of bonuses you can earn, and every hotel around the world is participating. Register at spg.com/makeitcount and stay between now and August 31st to earn.

- We also wanted to give you advance notice of a promotion we’re working on to start July 9th – Sheraton Free Weekends. It’s the richest Sheraton focused SPG promotion in the history of the program. You’ll be able to earn a free Sheraton weekend night for every five Sheraton nights you stay from July 9th – Sept 30th. You can earn up to 3 free nights that can be combined, and can be used at any Sheraton hotel or resort (all Categories 1-7!) through December 13th. Just like our existing free night redemption, these Sheraton free nights don’t come with blackout dates or capacity controls. As long as the hotel has a standard room available – it’s your's. Registration will open July 9th, but bookings can be made any time.
Moderator Edit :
Please follow the discussion for the Sheraton Free Weekend Nights promotion here :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...0sep-15-a.html

You’ll be able to earn in both promotions as long as you register for both.

Best regards,

Christopher Carman
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

HHonors OUTSIDER Jun 1, 15 9:46 am


Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker IV (Post 24900656)
We wanted all of you to be among the first to know about a few SPG global promotions.

- Today registration is open for our SPG Make It Count promotion, where you can earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints if you have a stay of 2+ nights that includes a weekend night. There are no limits to the number of bonuses you can earn, and every hotel around the world is participating. Register at spg.com/makeitcount and stay between now and August 31st to earn.

- We also wanted to give you advance notice of a promotion we’re working on to start July 9th – Sheraton Free Weekends. It’s the richest Sheraton focused SPG promotion in the history of the program. You’ll be able to earn a free Sheraton weekend night for every five Sheraton nights you stay from July 9th – Sept 30th. You can earn up to 3 free nights that can be combined, and can be used at any Sheraton hotel or resort (all Categories 1-7!) through December 13th. Just like our existing free night redemption, these Sheraton free nights don’t come with blackout dates or capacity controls. As long as the hotel has a standard room available – it’s your's. Registration will open July 9th, but bookings can be made any time.

You’ll be able to earn in both promotions as long as you register for both.

Best regards,

Christopher Carman
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Very nice. Thank you.

brain1992 Jun 1, 15 9:59 am

It proves my information is correct:D:D:D:D

madrick5 Jun 1, 15 10:09 am

Two potential dumb questions.

Is the Sheraton promo only good for stays at a Sheraton property -- ie NOT a Westin?

And regarding the Make It Count promo -- I generally do one month stays -- does that mean that the entire stay is only eligible for a 1,000 total bonus points?

Consultette Jun 1, 15 10:16 am

Thank you for sharing the news. The additional promotion in July is good to know about as I plan my travel.

FPmiles Jun 1, 15 10:33 am

Need more clarification!

PTahCha Jun 1, 15 11:04 am


Originally Posted by madrick5 (Post 24900855)
Two potential dumb questions.

Is the Sheraton promo only good for stays at a Sheraton property -- ie NOT a Westin?

And regarding the Make It Count promo -- I generally do one month stays -- does that mean that the entire stay is only eligible for a 1,000 total bonus points?

Yes on both. Although you could book break up the stays, but have to pay local hotelier taxes in exchange for the extra bonus points.

Starwood Lurker Jun 1, 15 11:14 am


Originally Posted by madrick5 (Post 24900855)
Two potential dumb questions.

Is the Sheraton promo only good for stays at a Sheraton property -- ie NOT a Westin?

One could only earn and burn at Sheraton participating properties.


And regarding the Make It Count promo -- I generally do one month stays -- does that mean that the entire stay is only eligible for a 1,000 total bonus points?
Since this would considered as one stay, the answer is "yes".

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Gaucho100K Jun 1, 15 11:40 am

I havent read up on the fine print of this promotion so please bear with my silly question.

I have a somewhat long stay of 14 nights coming up at a Sheraton Resort Property in Orlando, including two full weekends (ie. I will be having Saturday & Sunday nights on both weekends).

Will I be getting only one 1000 Point Bonus or is there a chance I can perhaps double-dip....?

Thanks very much,
Gaucho100K

porciuscato Jun 1, 15 2:10 pm

If I book two rooms at the same property, does that qualify as two stays?

KENNECTED Jun 1, 15 2:33 pm


Originally Posted by porciuscato (Post 24902395)
If I book two rooms at the same property, does that qualify as two stays?


NO. 1 stay, but you will get X number of nights * 2 for night credit.

MSPeconomist Jun 1, 15 2:40 pm


Originally Posted by KENNECTED (Post 24902500)
NO. 1 stay, but you will get X number of nights * 2 for night credit.

You mean on stay for this promo, so only one of the 1,000 point bonuses.

SC Alum Jun 1, 15 7:46 pm

1000 points weekend bonus is an okay promo considering Marriott does not even have a promotion at all. As for the free weekend nights, I think it is an good promo, because it has been a while since we've had free weekend nights. A 3 nights limit every 5 nights, makes it a good but not great program. Both promo valid concurrently, makes it a great time to stay at Sheraton!

I will certainly alter some stays to get the free nights and points. And definitely much lesser Marriott nights.

Scandalrag Jun 1, 15 8:04 pm

End of the Promo Period Stays
 
As always, I need a clearer definition of the promo period. I currently have a stay booked from 8/30-9/3. So it includes a Sunday night and 2 nights in the promo period, but the checkout and therefore the stay credits will come after the end of the period. Will it still qualify for the promotion?

craz Jun 1, 15 8:40 pm


Originally Posted by SC Alum (Post 24903997)
1000 points weekend bonus is an okay promo considering Marriott does not even have a promotion at all. As for the free weekend nights, I think it is an good promo, because it has been a while since we've had free weekend nights. A 3 nights limit every 5 nights, makes it a good but not great program. Both promo valid concurrently, makes it a great time to stay at Sheraton!

I will certainly alter some stays to get the free nights and points. And definitely much lesser Marriott nights.

Glad it works for you, it doesnt for me, doesnt even come close. Till the economy tanks I dont expect anything to pop up that is worthwhile.

Again Im on my own dime and will get my Plat status again for who knows how many yrs running, and presently 9 away from requalifying. Cruching the #s it comes out its not a viable option for me, espeically being that they have to used on Weekends. I could sort of hear it for someone who isnt on their own dime.

Its not only SPG but practically all the programs after the devaluations of '15 make it usually not worthwhile for me to chase after their promos. This wasnt the case a # of yrs ago. With several LT status already achieved for me its now all about Loyalty but thats Loyalty to my pocket! So if there are 2 hotels and I end up with basically the same from both, then the rate will be the determining factor. So if *W is $10 more and I wont get anything near that back in benefits over say MR then Im staying @ MR

Between the airlines and hotels and even car rental companys alot of it is a suckers game, especially if you are footing the bill.

Loyalty begins and ends with my pocket


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:57 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.