Poo in the Sheets

Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Valid point. I wonder how many hotels have the inspectors do this. Maybe have one random room per week completely stripped down after housekeeping finished with it?
It would seem that "rigid inspection guidelines" would catch things like poo or pubes in the sheets, random hairs in the tub, etc. What good is the use of the adjective when poo is found in the sheets? The problem here is that the GM seems to think the Aloft Brooklyn is a creme de la creme Manhattan hotel when it is nothing more than a budget option (comparatively speaking) in a former trendy area of town... with the staff who likely fits the same description. This was the original review that warranted the GM's response ... not poo or pubes in the sheets, but still things that should have been caught under the "rigid inspection" of a supervisor.

"The condition of the room: the carpet had loose change on the floor, which means it hadn't been vacuumed properly. There are burn marks and stains on the carpet. The corners of the shower were dirty, as if they have not been cleaned thoroughly."
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by clublounger
A certain % of beds SHOULD be stripped during inspections ! It keeps staff on their toes. While it may not have caught this incident, it puts the fear in the staff so that they wouldn't likely forego a linen change in the first place.
Of course. Otherwise what's the point of inspections if the inspection only covers what can immediately be seen?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by cur
But this begs the question....

...what if the defecator was a QC person?

Then who will QC the QC?
The public!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cur

Then who will QC the QC?
The People!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cur

Then who will QC the QC?
The pubic hairs, combined with DNA testing.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:20 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The pubic hairs, combined with DNA testing.
You can't really dust for pubic hairs /Tufnell
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
You can't really dust for pubic hairs /Tufnell
Not dust for them, but if you see one, it's evidence.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
I love the comments suggesting the OP or his wife "had an accident". I've heard of wetting the bed...but who the hell poops in their sleep? lol
Sexual exploits perhaps... I can't really imagine how else this could've happened unless it were an unfortunate situation with an elderly guest or someone with a condition like Chron's. Poop or no poop, it's disgusting eitherway that the sheets weren't changed.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OliverB
Sexual exploits perhaps... I can't really imagine how else this could've happened unless it were an unfortunate situation with an elderly guest or someone with a condition like Chron's. Poop or no poop, it's disgusting eitherway that the sheets weren't changed.
Ha! That's what my co-workers suggested.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jibi
It would seem that "rigid inspection guidelines" would catch things like poo or pubes in the sheets, ....
Easy enough for you to say that; but, again, think about the logistics. How do you see this happening short of stripping the bed?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.