Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I don't think there is an option of one is there? Elsewhere in the Maldives you can get buffet based meal plans but the SR doesn't have a buffet restaurant.
Some resorts like the two FS properties have very flexible meal plans that cover full board or half board at any restaurant with few/no limitations.

I am sure the resort offers half and full board plans. Just make sure to do the math and be clear about what is included, and what surcharges will be if one decides to order something not included in the plan.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Some resorts like the two FS properties have very flexible meal plans that cover full board or half board at any restaurant with few/no limitations.

I am sure the resort offers half and full board plans. Just make sure to do the math and be clear about what is included, and what surcharges will be if one decides to order something not included in the plan.
There was nothing of the sort when I was there, I don't think StR resorts normally do meal plans. Not sure I've seen this in any of theirs.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
There was nothing of the sort when I was there, I don't think StR resorts normally do meal plans. Not sure I've seen this in any of theirs.
Indeed this was my experience too, it just didn't seem that kind of place.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:09 am

Most resorts do offer full or half board plans if guests request such. This usually is not advertised or visible on the hotel's website, it needs to be discussed with the reservations department.

At luxury resorts, the meal plans are not a "cheaper" option per se. They likely are more expensive than what one might pay if ordering modestly on an a la carte basis. The beauty of them can be that A) cost is predictable and pre paid and B) if resorts have a flexible meal plan, it allows guests to choose virtually anything on menus - although specialty items may incur a supplemental charge - without crunching numbers in one's head.

The cost is typically $250~ or more per person per day. It is not intended to be cost saving per se - although it certainly can be at some resorts if maximized - but rather appeals to people who want costs to be predictable and prepaid, so they're not thinking about money while at the resort.

I would be very surprised if such a plan were not avialable upon request. It's the norm.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jun 24, 2017 at 5:48 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:55 pm

I had to cancel a trip to this particular property earlier on this year and at the time of communication there was no offer, written or unwritten, of the likes of FB/HB etc. I called them 5 minutes ago to confirm and I can say with 100% certainty that this resort did not and does not offer such a thing.

You are talking about 'typical resort' options and packages. Resorts in the Maldives, in many aspects, do not follow the norm. The St. Regis is not a typical resort brand nor does this particular property, as you can see from the prices, attract the kind of guest who has no qualms about paying upwards of $2-3K a night and then (worries about saving money on F&B and) wants a FB/HB/meal package. That and they have no buffet restaurant. But even if they did I doubt they would offer any kind of meal plan.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jun 24, 2017 at 11:02 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I had to cancel a trip to this particular property earlier on this year and at the time of communication there was no offer, written or unwritten, of the likes of FB/HB etc. I called them 5 minutes ago to confirm and I can say with 100% certainty that this resort did not and does not offer such a thing. You are talking about 'typical resort' options and packages.

Resorts in the Maldives, in many aspects, do not follow the norm. The St. Regis is not a typical resort brand nor does this particular property, as you can see from the prices, attract the kind of guest who is prepared to pay upwards of $2K a night and then want a FB/HB/meal package. That and they have no buffet restaurant. But even if they did I doubt they would offer any kind of meal plan.
I am in fact referring to resorts that are equally or more expensive than this one (and not bookable on points). It is very surprising to me that they have no half or full board options. And I didn't ever mention buffets either.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:35 pm

I meant it's (arguably) partly because they don't have a buffet restaurant.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:01 am

I meant it's (arguably) partly because they don't have a buffet restaurant.
I don't want to take this thread off topic any further, but what I am referring to is not some package tourist buffet dinner inclusion. I am talking about top resorts, such as Four Seasons LG and KH, Gili Lankanfushi, Naladhu, and One and Only Reethi Rah etc... These resorts offer the option of meal plans that enable guests to dine around at any reastaurant. It isn't cheap. It's just a way to be able to predict costs and prepay for them, which appeals to a lot of people for various reasons. I sometimes book such plans myself, while at other resorts I prefer a la carte.

You say thay StR apparently does not offer this. I find that surprising. I plan to try the resort in the relatively near future, and will see for myself if it is offered. I suppose it could also depend on a guest's rate plan, as one never knows how unpublished inclusion packages work. At One and Only Reethi Rah, full board is often free for guests booking grand villas (top categories). Resorts have discretion as to whom they offer different packages, not everything is published.

This has been fully discussed so I will leave it with this comment.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
You say thay StR apparently does not offer this. I find that surprising. I plan to try the resort in the relatively near future, and will see for myself if it is offered. I suppose it could also depend on a guest's rate plan, as one never knows how unpublished inclusion packages work. At One and Only Reethi Rah, full board is often free for guests booking grand villas (top categories). Resorts have discretion as to whom they offer different packages, not everything is published.

This has been fully discussed so I will leave it with this comment.
It's not apparently. They have never offered it and do not offer it. And this is coming from reservations management and Director of F&B (who I personally know). They did say, however, that some rates include F&B (like you have mentioned). If you have doubts about what I've said then I suggest you give them a call and ask.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:28 am

It's not apparently. They have never offered it and do not offer it. And this is coming from reservations management and Director of F&B (who I personally know). They did say, however, that some rates include F&B (like you have mentioned). If you have doubts about what I've said then I suggest you give them a call and ask.
So they do offer certain rates includive of F&B. Meal plans are just not combinable with other rates, including award bookings. That makes sense. Cheers.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Swizz_e
Hi there, might seem like a silly question. Realistically speaking is there a way my wife and I can survive at a 500 usd daily budget at this property in terms of food? Also are there any perks for SPG gold members? Thank you all in advance.
We averaged about 500 on food a day. But were not the biggest eaters. We did a huge breakfast every day and sat and feasted for a while. I think we skipped lunch because we werent hungry. We were never hungry or skipped a meal because of money.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
To confirm, for those who booked nights using Starpoints, were you charged a room tax for each night as well, or were you only taxed on the F&B and other additional excursions/expenses?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Ants1
To confirm, for those who booked nights using Starpoints, were you charged a room tax for each night as well, or were you only taxed on the F&B and other additional excursions/expenses?
No room tax paid.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
No room tax paid.
Thanks, Pseudo. Always quick to respond!

Also, as an FYI to other honeymooners, I informed the reservations staff that this was my honeymoon vacation, and they are offering a complimentary champagne sabering and 60 minute Blue Hole Experience.

Can't wait to visit! (and hoping Qatar Airways maintains a good relationship with the Maldives for the foreseeable future)
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Ants1
Thanks, Pseudo. Always quick to respond!

Also, as an FYI to other honeymooners, I informed the reservations staff that this was my honeymoon vacation, and they are offering a complimentary champagne sabering and 60 minute Blue Hole Experience.

Can't wait to visit! (and hoping Qatar Airways maintains a good relationship with the Maldives for the foreseeable future)
Just please don't do what other people with free champagne did and toss it in the ocean :P There's a bottle off the northern villas on the ocean floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.