Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 7:57 am

I suppose in the end it comes down to whether one thinks the items on the menu and how they are prepared are interesting enough to warrant the cost, whatever that may be.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:33 pm

We never went in the pool in front of Alba. It felt awkward to have the pool in front of everyone eating especially when you can have complete privacy in your OWV. Still think they have one of the finest breakfast offerings in the Maldives.
Old May 20, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I did try it a few times when I couldn't get my toddler to swim in the ocean, but it was so cold in it that I just got very angry and tossed the kid into the ocean instead.
I never got that upset over not getting an upgrade!

On a serious note, speaking of saltwater, when I am at a resort I hit the beach pretty much all day, but when darkness falls, you would have to throw me in as well, because I do not do the ocean at night. It is the pool and some drinks for me.
Old May 20, 2017, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I suppose in the end it comes down to whether one thinks the items on the menu and how they are prepared are interesting enough to warrant the cost, whatever that may be.
You don't really get that option as they make the menu up based upon what they have at any given time as I understand it rather than publishing n advance. You are effectively putting your confidence in the Sommelier and Exec Chef, and that was well placed we thought. Overall it was a far better experience than the wine cellar dinner at Rangali.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:34 am

3 adults in a OWV room?

I have locked a room in points before and plan to be there with my parents. Can 3 adults stay comfortable in a OWV room or garden villa? As it does not make sense to book the second room... Or any other better suggestions?
Old May 22, 2017, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mebluemouse
I have locked a room in points before and plan to be there with my parents. Can 3 adults stay comfortable in a OWV room or garden villa? As it does not make sense to book the second room... Or any other better suggestions?
I would not want to share a room here with parents, there simly isn't the degree of visual screening to make that work well

The OWV is substantially larger I think and could easily house a third person, it looks to me like the GV or BV would be a tad cramped.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I would not want to share a room here with parents, there simly isn't the degree of visual screening to make that work well

The OWV is substantially larger I think and could easily house a third person, it looks to me like the GV or BV would be a tad cramped.
Yes, you can easily have a third person in the OWV (we did, with a rollaway). The partition between the two can close, as well, so there's enough privacy for that.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:34 pm

Thanks for the information! How much the hotel charged for the rollaway bed or it could be complimentary?

Yes, you can easily have a third person in the OWV (we did, with a rollaway). The partition between the two can close, as well, so there's enough privacy for that.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:36 pm

Thanks for the information! How much the hotel charged for the rollaway bed or it could be complimentary?
In my case since it was a 6-year old, it was free, and the breakfast was thrown in as well, but I'm not sure this would be the case for an adult (unless you pretend to be a small child ). The regular price is something in the neighbourhood of $80 per day I think.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:00 pm

In my case since it was a 6-year old, it was free, and the breakfast was thrown in as well, but I'm not sure this would be the case for an adult (unless you pretend to be a small child ). The regular price is something in the neighbourhood of $80 per day I think.
Thanks! If it could be under $100, it will be good
Old May 23, 2017, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What partition? There was no separation between Living and Sleeping areas in our OWV? The best solution is probably the SR Villas that have a fully separate living space.
Old May 23, 2017, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
What partition? There was no separation between Living and Sleeping areas in our OWV? The best solution is probably the SR Villas that have a fully separate living space.
Doh crap, you're absolutely right, my apologies. I was confusing this with another room. Yes, there is no separation between the opulous bed and the rollaway bed - unless you put the rollaway either in the walk-in closet or in the bathroom area, which does separate. My bad.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Thanks! If it could be under $100, it will be good
Via the SPG Ambassador line, I was quoted USD $200/night for the rollaway for an adult. No additional fee to book an award reservation with 3 adults on it. I plan to use the sofa for the 3rd adult. The agent mentioned the rollaway isn't required for the 3rd adult. You are required to pay $67 for the 3rd adult for breakfast.

Last edited by VAFlyerSAN; Jun 15, 2017 at 12:34 am Reason: Breakfast Cost
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
The 58,500 points per night promo books into an OWV. The coding in the system shows as seen below for a 2 night award booking...

The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
PILOT CAT7 STE3 2NTS
Old Jun 4, 2017, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
The 58,500 points per night promo books into an OWV. The coding in the system shows as seen below for a 2 night award booking...

The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
PILOT CAT7 STE3 2NTS
Do you get the 5th night free with this promo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.